Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballpark price for new boiler

• 17-10-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Gas boiler is acting up, it's 20 years old so probably overdue a replacement anyway. I was wondering what kind of money i'd be looking at?

It's heating 3 small rads + 6 larger ones and i was thinking maybe of adding another small rad in the utility room (where the boiler is situated) as there's none there at the moment.

Also looking here i see talk about grants for updating the controls as opposed to the boiler - what is actually meant by the controls? The current boiler is controlled by a hive wifi thermostat, but the house isn't broken into zones or anything like that, neither can you switch between rads and hot water, it's either just all on or all off. Usually all off at the minute - which is the problem:D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've a few quotes in at the moment for similar work.
    Supply and fit coming in at @2600.

That covers both a combi and a straight swap for the existing system boiler in the Limerick area.
    So far 4 quotes all in a 10% margin of the 2600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I got looking at this too, I saw another poster on another thread asking a question about the Nest and they got a reply about it being 130.00 if you were an electric Ireland customer.

Then an ad came up for a different energy supplier, if you are their customer. I had a look and I saw this when I was looking at boilers, I assume it’s related to getting a grant.

Boiler Replacement
    RRP: €2,600
    Discount Price: €2,420
    Customer Discount Price: €2,340
    All prices inclusive of VAT.

2 Zone Heating Controls
    RRP: €1,600
    Discount Price: €456.85
    Customer Discount Price: €247
    All prices inclusive of VAT.

I’ve nothing to compare this too as the idea only came up fir me in posts today and that started me looking.

I’m gonna keep an eye on these threads and try learn a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

Any idea what the brand of boiler is that Energia are doing with that offer?

I'm looking at pricing the same thing at the moment and have been quoted €4,500 for a Bosch CDi 30kw, dual heating controls for heating and water only and a power flush plus MagnaCleanse. I was told by the supplier that some of the cheaper prices wouldn't include a proper flush (like his presumably)?

It's seeming expensive compared to prices mentioned above even with the €700 grant off that and possibly some more with Electric Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Shortbread wrote: »

I'm looking at pricing the same thing at the moment and have been quoted €4,500 for a Bosch CDi 30kw, dual heating controls for heating and water only and a power flush plus MagnaCleanse. I was told by the supplier that some of the cheaper prices wouldn't include a proper flush (like his presumably)?

It's seeming expensive compared to prices mentioned above even with the €700 grant off that and possibly some more with Electric Ireland.

Sorry, I haven’t a clue, I only saw the ad on the website.

Shortbread wrote: »

No idea as to the energia boiler.
    In the quotes I have in to date, they are Intergas, Baxi or Logic boilers.
    All with controls upgrades EPH Ember or similar.
    Powerflushing is AFAIK a requisite on installation of a new boiler or the warranty is voided.
    I know in the quotes I have all include a powerflush, magnaclean and Carbon Monoxide alarm as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JuneCC

banie01 wrote: »
    I've a few quotes in at the moment for similar work.
    Supply and fit coming in at @2600.

That covers both a combi and a straight swap for the existing system boiler in the Limerick area.
    So far 4 quotes all in a 10% margin of the 2600.

Is your existing boiler a combi? I got a quote for over €4k for a combi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just got a quote online myself - seems to be topping out at about €3K+ (less SEAI grants) depending on what you are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,067 ✭✭✭✭neris

I got a boiler installed & moved to an external wall & 1 rad installed for €2850 bout 2 weeks ago. Had previously got a quote of €4250 just for the boiler & moving it

is_that_so wrote: »
    Just got a quote online myself - seems to be topping out at about €3K+ (less SEAI grants) depending on what you are doing.

Would you mind telling me where you got your quote please? I got the impression that the installer did not want to work with a combi.

neris wrote: »
    I got a boiler installed & moved to an external wall & 1 rad installed for €2850 bout 2 weeks ago. Had previously got a quote of €4250 just for the boiler & moving it

Was that in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

JuneCC wrote: »
    Would you mind telling me where you got your quote please? I got the impression that the installer did not want to work with a combi.

Swyft Energy. They have three options, any of which suit me. Family member got work done by them and was very happy. You get a quote emailed to you.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Swyft Energy. They have three options, any of which suit me. Family member got work done by them and was very happy. You get a quote emailed to you.

Thanks so much for prompt response.

Nope exising is a system boiler.

Current best quote from a full registered RGI is 2480.
    To include supply and commission of interface combi boiler.
    Removal of existing HW cylinder, pipework made good from Combi to HW supply.
    Powerflush and installation of Magnaclean filter.
    Supply and fit of radiator in old HW press.

The majority of prices quoted were in and around the same and the swinger for me was 10yr interface warranty.
    Being fitted on Thursday

Any chance you would let me have the name of the installer doing this work for you please? Thanks.

Any chance you would let me have the name of the installer doing this work for you please? Thanks.

I'm going to assume you are asking me?
    Happy to forward it to you via PM but unless you are in Limerick it won't be much use to you?

Happy to forward it to you via PM but unless you are in Limerick it won't be much use to you?

I was asking - new to boards so apologies. Sadly, I'm not in Limerick. Thanks anyway.

I was asking - new to boards so apologies. Sadly, I'm not in Limerick. Thanks anyway.

No worries at all quoting can be tricky to get used to.
    Swyft as outlined by another poster are a nationwide option but tbh I found the prices they quoted including SEAI grants to be on a par with quotes others offered without grants.
    With Swyft the grant offers no real benefit versus non grant work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

neris wrote: »

Had something similar with an entire heating system install when i bought my house...

10k, 6k & 3.5K quotes for a whole house(new pimps allover the house)...

The cheapest quote was done straight away and with a better boiler than the 2 higher quotes purposed using(had that independently verified by a couple of plumbers)

The difference between quotes at times is mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Nope exising is a system boiler.

Current best quote from a full registered RGI is 2480.
    To include supply and commission of interface combi boiler.
    Removal of existing HW cylinder, pipework made good from Combi to HW supply.
    Powerflush and installation of Magnaclean filter.
    Supply and fit of radiator in old HW press.

The majority of prices quoted were in and around the same and the swinger for me was 10yr interface warranty.
    Being fitted on Thursday

Is that installation covering to have a booster pump fitted to feed the combi or is it been fed directly from the mains?

rightjob! wrote: »
    Is that installation covering to have a booster pump fitted to feed the combi or is it been fed directly from the mains?

Have a spare mains pump already here to be fitted, but it is covering install of header tank too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shreko

Hey banie01, Would you mind sharing the details of this installer ?
    I am trying to get a Combi Boiler installed in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

I'll take a PM too Banie01, as per other post on forum, I may need new boiler

PMs sent, hope the info is useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'll have one as well please :)

Cordell wrote: »
    I'll have one as well please :)

It's really only of any use of you're in the Limerick/North Munster area, but tis sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

In Meath area and received quotes for approx €2600 all in, flush system magnaclean , new boiler 18kw and thermostats etc

Advertisement