Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-04-2019, 15:44   #16
simonmc78

Hi,

Seen the video was great to see how much progress has been made over the last few weeks, the weather has been so good so no days rained off site thankfully. I was looking at the house today. Always take a trip there after I drop the little one to playschool in Kilcock.

I was told nearly a week ago now that the show houses would be open in 2/3 weeks. Hoping it will be sooner.

If you're on Instagram have a look for the Sherry Fitz Brady O'Flaherty page. They had an internal pic up of a showhouse up for ledwill. Not sure if its ledwill or not to be honest.
Advertisement
02-04-2019, 16:03   #17
AndreaSoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmc78 View Post
Hi,

Seen the video was great to see how much progress has been made over the last few weeks, the weather has been so good so no days rained off site thankfully. I was looking at the house today. Always take a trip there after I drop the little one to playschool in Kilcock.

I was told nearly a week ago now that the show houses would be open in 2/3 weeks. Hoping it will be sooner.

If you're on Instagram have a look for the Sherry Fitz Brady O'Flaherty page. They had an internal pic up of a showhouse up for ledwill. Not sure if its ledwill or not to be honest.
Thanks for that! I've now checked their Instagram and you are right, if the picture is from one of the show house it must be The Dove, according to the floor plans, this is the only house which has the kitchen island on the middle with the sink. All other houses has different internal layout.
Thanks from:
02-04-2019, 16:07   #18
simonmc78

I thought it was the dove also.

Its not though as the dove has a lean to extension to the back of the house.
03-04-2019, 11:52   #19
simonmc78

Interesting article as to where the name for the estate came from:

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/ne...cock-hero.html
10-04-2019, 17:22   #20
AndreaSoly

Hi,

I just seen today on Ledwill Park's social media in a post saying "launching our new show house in early May".
So I've emailed Nick Moore and he also confirmed it. "The builders are hopeful of having the houses ready to view in early May"

It's already 2 months delay on the show houses comparing to what they told us in early February.
Advertisement
10-04-2019, 17:36   #21
simonmc78

Not good. Let's hope that wont be the same with the move in dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaSoly View Post
Hi,

I just seen today on Ledwill Park's social media in a post saying "launching our new show house in early May".
So I've emailed Nick Moore and he also confirmed it. "The builders are hopeful of having the houses ready to view in early May"

It's already 2 months delay on the show houses comparing to what they told us in early February.
12-04-2019, 13:26   #22
simonmc78

I was onto Glenveagh yesterday. They will know more about the show houses after easter. I have to say that I find Glenveagh to be totally inflexible when it comes to small changes in my home. I asked could we change the kitchen units so we can install a big fridge and was told no, asked could I get onsite to look at my house which is built etc and was told no, asked for other small changes that I would cover the cost for and was told no.

Negative experience on the whole to be honest, lets hope the houses and the finish make up for this.
Thanks from:
14-04-2019, 15:20   #23
jozi

We were considering this development, could any of you tell me if you commute from Kilcock or will be to Dublin city centre. How are you finding it and does the limited number of trains bother you, are there plans to extend or increase the frequency of trains in the near future?
Thanks from:
14-04-2019, 15:52   #24
simonmc78

Hi Jozi,

I am from Maynooth myself and have always commuted to work so its nothing new to me.

As for Kilcock the journey to Connolly usually takes anything from between 40mins on a good day to 60mins on a bad day.

Usually standing room only, reliable enough also.

There is always talk of increasing the frequency of trains from kilcock, this however will become even more necessary when Ledwill and Millerstown come fully on stream.

You can also cycle 8mins along the royal canal greenway and jump on at Maynooth, this has a much more regular service and is due to be electrified in the coming years in order for the dart.

Hope that helps.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-04-2019, 17:16   #25
airportgirl83

Is there much of anti social behavior in Kilcock? How safe is the area?
14-04-2019, 18:02   #26
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozi View Post
We were considering this development, could any of you tell me if you commute from Kilcock or will be to Dublin city centre. How are you finding it and does the limited number of trains bother you, are there plans to extend or increase the frequency of trains in the near future?
Bus Eireann from Kilcock square might be a better/faster option
Thanks from:
14-04-2019, 18:21   #27
simonmc78

When it shows up that is.....been issues with that service over the last while. I find the train better on the whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Bus Eireann from Kilcock square might be a better/faster option
14-04-2019, 18:23   #28
simonmc78

I haven't heard of any or experienced any anti social behaviour. It still has that small village feel along with good community spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportgirl83 View Post
Is there much of anti social behavior in Kilcock? How safe is the area?
Thanks from:
15-04-2019, 11:58   #29
edkirl

Hi This is not a picture from the Kilcock showhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmc78 View Post
I thought it was the dove also.

Its not though as the dove has a lean to extension to the back of the house.

Hi guys this is not a picture of the Kilcock show house this is a picture of one of the show house interiors from their Rush site. Myself and my partner have gone to their Navan sites and Rush site open days to see what these other site look like to get an idea about Kilcock but i can confirm that image is definitely one of the Rush houses.
Thanks from:
15-04-2019, 11:59   #30
edkirl

Not more than anywhere else I am from Johnstownbridge myself and grew up in Kilcock as a child went to Uni and work in Maynooth and there haven't really been too many problems in terms of this generally find the place really friendly and a huge increase in new and young families if the Kildare County Council stats and Library stats are anything to go by
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion