Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-02-2019, 17:51   #1
OctoberMammy

Knightsgate, Rush

Hi everyone,

Looking for peoples' opinions on this new development, please. No showhouse to see yet but they're selling a limited number of three-beds off plans, and in theory we are very interested and thinking of putting a deposit down. The developer has a similar estate in Balbriggan (Taylor Hill) - we've seen that showhouse and really liked it.

We're first-time buyers so would appreciate input on some quick questions:

- Is 330k good value for a three-bed semi-d, 1235 sq ft?

- Should we be haggling for stuff like white goods being included?

- Any other major things to be asking the agent that we're not thinking of?

- Is Rush generally a good area for a young family? We have some concerns about childcare and school availability as the area's population gets bigger (Knightsgate will have 120 new houses when finished).

Thanks!

Last edited by OctoberMammy; 25-02-2019 at 17:55.
Advertisement
25-02-2019, 19:18   #2
charlietheminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberMammy View Post
Hi everyone,

Looking for peoples' opinions on this new development, please. No showhouse to see yet but they're selling a limited number of three-beds off plans, and in theory we are very interested and thinking of putting a deposit down. The developer has a similar estate in Balbriggan (Taylor Hill) - we've seen that showhouse and really liked it.

- Is Rush generally a good area for a young family? We have some concerns about childcare and school availability as the area's population gets bigger (Knightsgate will have 120 new houses when finished).

Thanks!
Rush is a lovely spot. Been living here for nearly 4 years and can’t praise it highly enough. Nice sense of community and should be perfect for raising a family.

I was interested in Knightsgate when it was announced as well but I wouldn’t buy off the plans (purely because saw a lot of people get burned with this in the past). I would say the next wave (once they’ve a show house) will be more expensive though. What’s good value is very subjective but it’s a decent size house in a nice area so I would consider it to be a fair price at the moment. I would still want to see a show house before committing but again, that may just be me.

I don’t think you’d have much luck getting white goods included but you can find a good deal if you buy them all from one retailer.
Thanks from:
25-02-2019, 20:35   #3
OctoberMammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheminxx View Post
Rush is a lovely spot. Been living here for nearly 4 years and can’t praise it highly enough. Nice sense of community and should be perfect for raising a family.

I was interested in Knightsgate when it was announced as well but I wouldn’t buy off the plans (purely because saw a lot of people get burned with this in the past). I would say the next wave (once they’ve a show house) will be more expensive though. What’s good value is very subjective but it’s a decent size house in a nice area so I would consider it to be a fair price at the moment. I would still want to see a show house before committing but again, that may just be me.

I don’t think you’d have much luck getting white goods included but you can find a good deal if you buy them all from one retailer.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, we're not crazy about buying off plans either, but we're using the Help to Buy scheme and this development is one of the few within our budget and somewhere we think we want to live, so we might have to bite the bullet... And as you said, the agent told us that the next phase will be more expensive.

Good to hear that Rush is a good place to raise kids, though. We've spoken to a few people and haven't heard a single negative thing about it so far.

Someone mentioned the possibility of putting down a deposit but not signing any contracts until we see the actual showhouse (which is meant to be available from next month) - which I'd be happier abiut. We'll ask the agent about this obviously, but is this generally a done thing? Should we push for this?
26-02-2019, 11:24   #4
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberMammy View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Looking at the same development/area so very interested in this.
24-03-2019, 18:59   #5
TedsRevengeP

So the show house for these was open at the weekend. Looked very good.

https://www.thejournal.ie/knightsgat...54147-Mar2019/
Advertisement
26-03-2019, 13:31   #6
OctoberMammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedsRevengeP View Post
So the show house for these was open at the weekend. Looked very good.

https://www.thejournal.ie/knightsgat...54147-Mar2019/

Yeah, we went to see the showhouse last week and were very impressed. They seem to be coming along quite quickly. Impressed by the size of the kitchen/dining room in particular.
26-03-2019, 14:46   #7
charlietheminxx

I saw these in The Journal and they look fab! Best of luck to you guys
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2019, 14:50   #8
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheminxx View Post
I saw these in The Journal and they look fab! Best of luck to you guys
Well, pending full mortgage approval! But even with a cycle to and from the train station, I think it works for me.
Thanks from:
29-04-2019, 15:12   #9
TedsRevengeP

So we went ahead with one of these. Anyone else round here looking at them?

Looks like ready in August. Initially they kept saying May/June - goes to show! August/Sept suits us better anyway.
Advertisement
29-04-2019, 15:44   #10
Brian201888

Yeah we've purchased one in Knightsgate Crescent, had been saying end of June / early July but I won't be too upset if it's pushed back as some more time to save won't kill us
29-04-2019, 15:49   #11
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Yeah we've purchased one in Knightsgate Crescent, had been saying end of June / early July but I won't be too upset if it's pushed back as some more time to save won't kill us
We're Knightsgate Crescent also. Last week EA said to us Aug anyway.
10-05-2019, 09:06   #12
La.la.151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedsRevengeP View Post
So we went ahead with one of these. Anyone else round here looking at them?

Looks like ready in August. Initially they kept saying May/June - goes to show! August/Sept suits us better anyway.
We also bought here! Estate agent told us at weekend theyll be ready in July, similarly august/september suits us better too!
10-05-2019, 11:38   #13
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by La.la.151515 View Post
We also bought here! Estate agent told us at weekend theyll be ready in July, similarly august/september suits us better too!
Cool. We haven't checked in since, so every chance the date might have adjusted to July.
23-05-2019, 12:17   #14
TedsRevengeP

Just wondering if anyone else in this development has gotten any more updates/dates?

Thanks
Thanks from:
27-05-2019, 10:39   #15
OctoberMammy

Hi Ted,

Also waiting on an update, our solicitor has formally requested completion date. They're dragging their heels but hopefully should hear soon.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion