Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst adult temper-tantrum you've witnessed?

• 07-12-2019 12:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I was at Spar a few years ago and these two lads wanted their sandwich made. Looked like junkies to be honest, they were getting irritated by how long it took. When the lady handed the wrapped sandwich back to one of the lads he threw it in her face and just left the store. Everyone there just went silent and the lady behind the deli was in fear/shock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

No way!

Thats amazing.

Then what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anytime Mr F posts a new thread.....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I was at Spar a few years ago and this two lads wanted their sandwich made. Looked like junkies to be honest, they were getting irritated by how long it took. When the lady handed the wrapped sandwich back to one of the lads he threw it in her face and just left the store. Everyone there just went silent and the lady behind the deli was in fear/shock.

Worked on a Deli. Had plenty of pr1cks get thick with me over the price of our chicken fillet rolls. They were €4. Get even thicker when you tell them you do not set the pricing. Would never work in retail again after it, have the upmost respect for all those in customer facing roles. So many c*nts in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I was at Spar a few years ago and these two lads wanted their sandwich made. Looked like junkies to be honest, they were getting irritated by how long it took. When the lady handed the wrapped sandwich back to one of the lads he threw it in her face and just left the store. Everyone there just went silent and the lady behind the deli was in fear/shock.

Why did they look like junkies? Were they drinking antifreeze and smoking weed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ah you're back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

KCY65I.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I witnessed a well-known public figure absolutely lose it in the course of my work. It was like watching a 2-year old have a meltdown in a sweetshop.

They portray a very different public-persona.

I wish I'd been able to record it on my phone and send it anonymously to some journalist. I don't generally agree with it but in this case it was a very ignorant person who could have done with a bit of public-shaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

NCT place in Arklow at re-test time is good craic for tantrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

LirW wrote: »
    NCT place in Arklow at re-test time is good craic for tantrums.

Airports in general as well. Queues, delays, crowds, kids, unfriendly staff etc all contribute to an increased chance of losing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Tow

Traveler lad in a chipper, with the Eastern European lady taking his order. She could not understand him. It was early in the evening, did not appear drunk. Even his friends where telling him to calm down.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anytime Mr F posts a new thread.....

giphy.gif
    KCY65I.gif

You two are on the verge of one each time Mr Feg asks something stupid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I witnessed a well-known public figure absolutely lose it in the course of my work. It was like watching a 2-year old have a meltdown in a sweetshop.

I wish I'd been able to record it on my phone and send it anonymously to some journalist. I don't generally agree with it but in this case it was a very ignorant person who could have done with a bit of public-shaming.

Spill

Tow wrote: »
    Traveler lad in a chipper, with the Eastern European lady taking his order. She could not understand him. It was early in the evening, did not appear drunk. Even his friends where telling him to calm down.

I'm Irish and I find it hard to understand those people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You two are on the verge of one each time Mr Feg asks something stupid..

Don’t see the issue myself. The dude starts threads that people contribute to with stories of their own. If we were waiting around for some of the ‘regulars’ to start an interesting thread then the place would have been shuttered years ago. The tut-tut crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've seen many a toy tossed out of the pram right here on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

You two are on the verge of one each every time Mr Feg asks something stupid posts..

FYP :D

Don’t see the issue myself. The dude starts threads that people contribute to with stories of their own. If we were waiting around for some of the ‘regulars’ to start an interesting thread then the place would have been shuttered years ago. The tut-tut crowd.

Yeah, I actually find he brings up some good stuff from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Waiting in A & E one night for a number of hours with many others , 2 travellers came in with a child with what looked like a cut needing a few stichs they started roaring demanding immediate attention stating travellers don’t wait for anyone and they don’t queue ....fair play to the nurses who refused to be intimidated but travellers kicked every chair in the place before storming out of the A& E with the kid ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I recall a woman absolutely laying into a Bus Eireann bus driver on a trip I was on in the ‘90s. I don’t know what her initial problem was but during her tirade, she gave out to him for at one point stopping the bus to tell a teenager in the back row to put out a cigarette, all “ How DARE you do that to a young girl”. Don’t know about anyone else but I was thinking “Shut the fuck up, woman, I was glad he did that”. Honestly, sustained yelling at the guy.

Edit: to this day, I regret not thanking the driver for the cigarette thing. I really was grateful about that as a bad traveller and it would have given him support and probably taken the wind out of the sails of yer wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

At a wedding yesterday, you know when they do the speeches before the meal, a drunk guest started getting rude shouting shut up calling the bestman a boring b*****d screaming he was hungry, we all were, had a go at his wife for making him go, how hard is it be nice, the selfish drunkard. It really put a damper on things as others started to lay in to him and he got louder and more aggressive all the kids there were better behaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The worst I saw was a middle aged woman in s public office. There was a long queue at the time and she had some disagreement with the person at the hatch. She was referred to the supervisor who spend a good while talking to her but didn't get what she wanted. She shouted and cried and wouldn't leave until she got what she came for and the security was called and the Guards but still wouldn't go for ages. Disrupted the place for the day!

Keisha07 wrote: »
    At a wedding yesterday, you know when they do the speeches before the meal, a drunk guest started getting rude shouting shut up calling the bestman a boring b*****d screaming he was hungry, we all were, had a go at his wife for making him go, how hard is it be nice, the selfish drunkard. It really put a damper on things as others started to lay in to him and he got louder and more aggressive all the kids there were better behaved.

That’s awful. What a knacker.

Kinda sounds like a bit of craic TBH

I find weddings to be as dull as dishwater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That's why you serve food before speeches when guests are boozing, some people are children and out of control when they are hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I bet the best man was boring tough!

Dangerous bloke too.

Won't divulge where: When I was entering that shopping mall he was arguing with his partner about child custody in the carpark.

****xieann spends about 20 minutes inside the shopping mall doing what I normally do**"*

I come out: bloke has lost it. Threatening members of public.

Mall security approach him and say he is banned from the mall, they've also informed the Garda.

Well done to mall security.
    Wel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Glenda Gilson trying to get a bouncer sacked in a nightclub on Harcourt Street because she thought the smoking ban didn't apply to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Every time John McEnroe had an argument with an umpire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

An up and coming and VERY self righteous snd self regarding Irish musician.

At a festival, his mammy was bringing some gear for his set. Won't say what age he is but he is past the age for that anyways.

Mammy hit traffic. Mammy was late. Mammy got fcuked out of it from an absolute height in front of a lot of people. Mammy ended up crying.

It was atrocious. I'm around music scenes a lot and I've seen and heard of some bad behaviour but oh god I'm still cringing at that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

At a festival, his mammy was bringing some gear for his set. Won't say what age he is but he is past the age for that anyways.

Mammy hit traffic. Mammy was late. Mammy got fcuked out of it from an absolute height in front of it by a lot of people. Mammy ended up crying.

It was atrocious. I'm around music scenes a lot and I've seen and heard of some bad behaviour but oh god I'm still cringing at that one.

I'm intrigued, want to give us a clue?

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm intrigued, want to give us a clue?

Self righteous and self regarding doesn't really narrow it down I guess :pac:

Mammy hit traffic. Mammy was late. Mammy got fcuked out of it from an absolute height in front of a lot of people. Mammy ended up crying.

I’ve made my mother cry. The absolute worst feeling in the world and I was immediately ashamed at making that happen. I bet he didn’t feel bad, did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If I was another relative of that musician, whoever it is, I'd smash his shaggin jaw for himself. Sing through that ya ignorant disrespectful little p****.

However he is, he deserves a good kick up the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Self righteous and self regarding doesn't really narrow it down I guess :pac:

Hoozier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

And why can't you say who it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

debok wrote: »

defamation of character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

debok wrote: »

Perhaps they'd like to be involved in the music industry again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

fryup wrote: »
    defamation of character?

Legally, the truth is a 100% defence to any accusation of defamation. You only get into trouble if it's a lie.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Legally, the truth is a 100% defence to any accusation of defamation. You only get into trouble if it's a lie.

ya, but you can always exaggerate what you witnessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Hillary Clinton supporters when she lost the presidency.

Crying like there had been a death in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton supporters when she lost the presidency.

Crying like there had been a death in the family.

Several thousand avoided, I would say.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Accepting Cookies

No way was it Hozier! I've met him and my husband and I spent an eve out with him and his drummer after one of their gigs. He's an absolute gent. His mother does his album artwork, so I'd say they have a good relationship.

I've never met Hozier but I've never heard a bad word about him and a lot of good ones! I'm not going to give this guy's identity away by process of elimination but it's absolutely not Hozier.

It was bad, there were a lot of people there, a lot of those people are quite capable of having their own tantrums and even they were appalled.

alright then let's cross Hozier off the list, who else could it be hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Airports in general as well. Queues, delays, crowds, kids, unfriendly staff etc all contribute to an increased chance of losing it.

Speaking of airports, about 10 years ago I was in Dublin Airport going through security and some 35-40 yr old posh woman was LOSING it over being asked to take off her shoes.
    Screaming "I'm not a terrorist" at the bewildered staff, they trying to ask her to calm down but she just kept at it ...

Mental, she didn't even have to do anything else, they didn't confiscate any belongings from her - I understand why that would piss people off... but this ?

crazy, too used to getting her own way the posh oul bint ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I once saw a man in his late forties get down on the ground and start crying when he lost an auction for a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Jasmine Odd Sledgehammer

alright then let's cross Hozier off the list, who else could it be hmmmmm

One of the Rubberbandits
    Bressie
    Ronan keating
    Bono lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

defamation of character?

Mundy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement