Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€35 charge for M4/M6 Eirtag automatic toll pass.

• 12-01-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Do the NRA/Eurolink really expect people to take up the Eirtag in large numbers given that it will cost €35 (€33.50 unit cost + €1.50 p&p) just to buy the pass?

Eurolink are also subject to a barriers-up policy if delays occur at the plaza, so there's not much incentive to get an Eirtag as a means to avoid queues at the plaza as may the case with the Westlink.

www.eirtag.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

They should realise that with a 'barriers-up policy', they should be encouraging people to use the tags so that they don't lose money with delays from people paying by cash. But, just like easypass, the initial cost and monthly fee don't encourage purchase.

http://www.eirtag.ie/buy3.html
    Goods vehicles with two or three axels exceeding 3,500 Kg
    Silly typo. Should be 'axle'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.eirtag.ie/buy2.html - wow car users save 0.01c on the rounding :rolleyes:

Am I missing something here - for car drivers it's
    Card 33.50 + ( €1 + VAT per month ) + €7.5 Deposit
    Then you pay the €2.50 toll too ! (a saving of 10c on the normal €2.60)

How long does it to take to save the cost of the card ?
    If 10c difference then you've to do 12 journeys per month to pay the maint fee and only another 410 journeys to break even. So 21 workdays per month means 3 years 9 months.

All they need to do is find anywhere else in the world where people have flocked to an expensive road toll card and I'll believe they actually have a clue.

T&C
    http://www.eirtag.ie/buy4.html
    “Deposit” means a deposit payable by the Customer on the opening of an Account which may be increased by the Operator at any time upon prior notice to the Customer;

(a) The Account Maintenance Charge will be paid in accordance with clause 3.3 in respect of those Account Maintenance Charges payable on the opening of an Account by a Customer and thereafter any Account Maintenance Charges will be payable at the beginning of each month. Such Account Maintenance Charges will be payable in accordance with the Payment Method.
    (i) The Operator can unilaterally change the class of vehicle to which a Tag relates and charge the Customer the appropriate Toll applicable to this new classification in the event that a Customer is using a Tag for a class of vehicle which is inconsistent with the class of vehicle to which the Tag relates.

And Ez-Pass
    (e) In the event that a Customer purchases a tag from another operator of a Toll Road and proposes to utilise this tag along with the Tag, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Tag is read by the Operator’s ETC system. In the event that a tag not being the Tag is read by the Operator’s ETC system, the Customer will be charged the Roaming Fee. And if you have a mobile phone you'll know what a roaming fee is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

The one thing that gets my back up about the motorway toll is I drive a Citroen Berlingo van and got charged 3.80. How can it be so dear. I wonder does an SUV pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Ginger83

No its the same charge. I use it in a landcruiser and I get charged €3.80 too, no surprise. Heres a good one, I used to drive a renault megavan, came to westlink one day and was asked for €3.10 commercial charge, stated my vehicle was covered privately on both insurance and tax so handed €1.80 over and refused to move until barrier was lifted, she had to give in, wasn't going to fork that out after paying €511 in roadtax instead of the normal €253

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

KeithMur wrote:
    The one thing that gets my back up about the motorway toll is I drive a Citroen Berlingo van and got charged 3.80. How can it be so dear. I wonder does an SUV pay more.

Out of interest, what happens if you use one of the automatic barriers. Will they try and pull you, or do you only get shafted when you've no change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Occidental wrote:
    Out of interest, what happens if you use one of the automatic barriers. Will they try and pull you, or do you only get shafted when you've no change.

I have used it four times altogether. Once before Christmas with a cashier and got charged the 2.40, then twice through the express lanes then again with the 3.80. Should I ever go down the road again I will go through the express lane. I'm sure it would take ages to find my reg and issue a warrent or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A few years ago I hired a RV and drove up to the WestLink with a load of coins expecting to get the comerical vechiel charge. The person only asked for £1.80(long time ago) and said it was only a big car, bit of a shock as it was a 5 berth Fiat RV!! And later my friend in a Xsara carvan was chagred the commerical rate. Bit nonsensical

Advertisement