Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

kevin12345 wrote: »
    What are they made of or something answer was DNA and protein :D

I said genes and protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

99.5% sure its DNA and protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I was so happy with that paper. :D

By the way, I said DNA and protein. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Genes aré made up of chromosomes not the other way round :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

I was so happy with that paper. :D

By the way, I said DNA and protein. :)

Me too :D yay there's like 3 marks I guess? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

Really relieved that this paper was not hard at all.

What if you had both magnets hanging from strings and you said to push North to North?

Yeah I said something like that for the experiment. I'm sure they'll give it to us, like I know it doesn't include a retort stand and any other equipment but it still shows that like poles repel and that was the purpose of the experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 coolyourjets

What was the liquid used to get rid of the green pigment in the leaf experiment?I said Alcohol:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 457babe

What was the liquid used to get rid of the green pigment in the leaf experiment?I said Alcohol:confused:
    Yea metal alchol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Same. Pretty sure it is right.

For the organ question I said eyes because about 80% of the eye is in your skull, so I think they have to accept it. The skull protects important parts of it like the optic nerve, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KerBear_x

Overall i thought the paper was pretty good.
    just completely messed up that copper sulfate question:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

that was a handy paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

i HEARD MIXED REPORTS ABOUT THE PAPER. SOME GOOD, SOME NOT SO GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I said methylated spirits? Same thing? Please say yes someone! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

M&S* wrote: »
    I said methylated spirits? Same thing? Please say yes someone! :eek:

Yes!;)
    It's almost fully alcohol so I'd say you'll get away with it!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

mwahahahaha
    science is uber easy and we never have to do religion again....woo hoo.

katiemce wrote: »
    et moi!

that paper was great imo! I'm just kinda worried bout the experiment with the magnets :/ sure hopefully it's only worth like 3/6 marks!

What organs does the skull protect? I said the brain and the sensory organs? (eyes, nose etc.) I got kinda stuck on this one :/
    This question was quite tricky indeed :p I said brain and the spinal cord :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Wait, do you think I'd get any marks if I drew a diagram of two bar magnets with the south poles of each repelling? It said a 'simple experiment' so maybe??

Maybe. The experiment is in the book and it sorta requires a retort stand. It enables the magnet to swing around freely. Unfortunately you don't get attempt marks in Science. But you'll get something :).

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

et moi!

that paper was great imo! I'm just kinda worried bout the experiment with the magnets :/ sure hopefully it's only worth like 3/6 marks!

What organs does the skull protect? I said the brain and the sensory organs? (eyes, nose etc.) I got kinda stuck on this one :/

I didnt read that Question properly and i wrote lungs and brain:(. So many in my class did that too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

i wrote brain and eyes,
    dont worry its only worth 3 marks!!

RML wrote: »
    I didnt read that Question properly and i wrote lungs and brain:(. So many in my class did that too....

The skull doesn't protect the lungs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

I was looking back through the thread............there was a balancing equations question??

I was looking back through the thread............there was a balancing equations question??

I think that was just before the exam and someone was wondering how you done it... Didn't come up anyways thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

anyone notice the diagram where the stomach was in the guy's chest? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

There were 2 graphs as well, which is awesome. In science, graph's are like free marks! And the bar chart too.. It was suspiciously easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The exam was too easy. My teacher says he wished that they kept science on the old syllabus. I'm beginning to agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

The exam was too easy. My teacher says he wished that they kept science on the old syllabus. I'm beginning to agree with him.

Sure we have it done now. Don't ruin it for the younger generations. Or maybe do. They deserve it :rolleyes:

It was a very easy exam not challenging at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

What was the answer to the cost of running the kettle, does anyone know? :)

What was the answer to the cost of running the kettle, does anyone know? :)

Good few in my class said €4.50 we could all be wrong though :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Good few in my class said €4.50 we could all be wrong though :p

aaaaaah i said 45 cent!!! :mad:

Advertisement