Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness level going into irish army training

Options
  • 10-10-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

A couple of years ago I broke my leg and obviously stopped running, and then with a lack of motivation after I just haven't excersised in a long time so my fitness level is basically starting from scratch. A couple of weeks ago I passed the army Fitness test with a time of 11:20 and I can run 5k in 27 minutes. I know that isn't much information to go off, but would that level of fitness be enough to keep up in training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You'll suffer. Whether you get up to speed will be down to whether you get injured and how well you apply yourself, but you'd want to be well above the minimum standard to be comfortable coming in. That said, it'll get you fit faster than most things. The bigger question is over your lack of motivation and discipline to get fit in advance if the injury was years ago.

Advertisement