Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were the phone calls placed on Flight 77 and Flight 93 impossible/fake??

Options
  • 29-05-2020 2:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I've been interested in the 9/11 conspiracies for quite some time. I've watched a few documentaries, the best one being The New Pearl Harbour by Massimmo Mazzucco. I've also listened to David Icke on his London Real interview.

A part that interested in me was the idea that the phone calls were doctored through voice morphing technology or that the passengers were co-erced. The reason being apparently is that it was and still is impossible for an average phone to make a phone call above 10,000+ feet. The airliners were travelling at their crusing altitude and only one person made a phone call on Flight 77 (Barbara Olson). David Icke suggests that it's impossible but that it could also not have been a in-system flight call as the phones were decommissioned on the Boeing 757's.

On Flight 93, multiple people made phone calls to their loved ones, some from phone calls and some from in-flight phones but again, the plane was travelling way to high to make phone calls from a cellular phone.

The other thing noted was the lack of background noise the 9/11 family members of the passengers on Flight 93 reported.

The last key piece was the fact that a phone operator who was talking to Todd Beamer had her phone simply go silent after the "Let's Roll" plan to overthrow the hijackers. The operator stayed on until she learned that UA93 had crashed in Shanksville. She found it odd that it didn't made the standard beeping noise that phones make once either party unexpectedly loses connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

History & experience tells me conspiracy theorists on boards will be sealioned until they get fed up posting.

I agree, it didn't happen as the public was made to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,865 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

History & experience tells me conspiracy theorists on boards will be sealioned until they get fed up posting.

I agree, it didn't happen as the public was made to believe.

#Sealioning #TIL

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sea-lioning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I've been interested in the 9/11 conspiracies for quite some time. I've watched a few documentaries, the best one being The New Pearl Harbour by Massimmo Mazzucco. I've also listened to David Icke on his London Real interview.

A part that interested in me was the idea that the phone calls were doctored through voice morphing technology or that the passengers were co-erced. The reason being apparently is that it was and still is impossible for an average phone to make a phone call above 10,000+ feet. The airliners were travelling at their crusing altitude and only one person made a phone call on Flight 77 (Barbara Olson). David Icke suggests that it's impossible but that it could also not have been a in-system flight call as the phones were decommissioned on the Boeing 757's.

On Flight 93, multiple people made phone calls to their loved ones, some from phone calls and some from in-flight phones but again, the plane was travelling way to high to make phone calls from a cellular phone.

The other thing noted was the lack of background noise the 9/11 family members of the passengers on Flight 93 reported.

The last key piece was the fact that a phone operator who was talking to Todd Beamer had her phone simply go silent after the "Let's Roll" plan to overthrow the hijackers. The operator stayed on until she learned that UA93 had crashed in Shanksville. She found it odd that it didn't made the standard beeping noise that phones make once either party unexpectedly loses connection.

Most of the calls were made from lower altitudes, but it was also possible from higher altitudes

"From high altitudes, the call quality is not very good, and most callers will experience drops. Although calls are not reliable, callers can pick up and hold calls for a little while below a certain altitude, she added.

Brenda Raney, Verizon Wireless spokesperson, said that RF signals actually can broadcast fairly high. On Sept. 11, the planes were flying low when people started using their phones. And, each call lasted 60 seconds or less.

“They also were digital phones, and there's a little bit more leeway on those digital phones, so it worked,” she said.

It helped that the planes were flying in areas with plenty of cell sites, too. Even United Airlines flight 93, which crashed in rural Pennsylvania, was supported by several nearby cell sites, Raney added"

https://web.archive.org/web/20091218085741/http://telephonyonline.com/wireless/ar/wireless_final_contact/

"According to industry experts, it is possible to use cell phones with varying success during the ascent and descent of commercial airline flights, although the difficulty of maintaining a signal appears to increase as planes gain altitude. Some older phones, which have stronger transmitters and operate on analog networks, can be used at a maximum altitude of 10 miles, while phones on newer digital systems can work at altitudes of 5 to 6 miles. A typical airline cruising altitude would be 35,000 feet, or about 6.6 miles.

''The fact of the matter is that cell phones can work in almost all phases of a commercial flight,'' said Marvin Sirbu, professor of engineering and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University. ''An excess of caution prevents us from doing so, of course, because we are so worried about the safety of air travel.''

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/14/us/after-attacks-communications-new-perspective-issue-cell-phone-use-planes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't think so

Advertisement