Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army color blind

Options
  • 24-04-2020 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all , thinking about joining the army this year fitness and everything is no problem but I am a bit color blind and I know the defense forces used to not accept people who were color blind but I have seen articles in the last year or so saying they are thinking about getting rid of that rule and I’ve asked a few soldiers I know myself is it still a rule 2 said no and another said yes but it doesn’t matter anymore, can anyone confirm for definite? I’d hate to get my hopes up for it all to collapse over that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Eh, as far as I know it is still a rule.

I have met a few officers who cheated on the ishihara plates (it can be done) who went on to long careers in the forces, some are still in.

Advertisement