Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army reserve to PDF

Options
  • 06-04-2020 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Missed out on opportunity to try for pdf due to the age restriction (turned 25 before the closing date.)

Is it possible to join the reserve and from there join the PDF (work around the age barrier.)

Been reading around and from what I can gather that it is possible to go from one to the other but does the age restriction still apply?

Would really appreciate any help on the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

Whelan 95 wrote: »
    Missed out on opportunity to try for pdf due to the age restriction (turned 25 before the closing date.)

Is it possible to join the reserve and from there join the PDF (work around the age barrier.)

Been reading around and from what I can gather that it is possible to go from one to the other but does the age restriction still apply?

Would really appreciate any help on the matter.

No, unfortunately the age restrictions still apply. The rules are the rules. My friend contacted the Recruitment section of the PDF (he is a serving member of the RDF) and that was the answer he got.

You’re still eligible for a cadetship if that would be of any interest to you. Applications close on 31MAY2020 at 23:59.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

you can join the Legion up to 40.

Advertisement