Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It wasn't July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    maybe it was a blessing in disguise??

cause if the weather was fine you would have had loads of people out & about spreading covid
    pgj2015 wrote: »
    its having people inside that spreads viruses. that is why people get the flu in winter.

not necessarily, look at the U.S. the sunshine states california and florida in particular both of which cases of covid has sky rocketed ever since they lifted restrictions on outdoor gatherings at beaches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AllForIt wrote: »
    Weather wise, this has been the most depressing July I ever experienced.

Here in the west of Ireland, of Wild Atlantic Way fame, it pissed down rain every day for the whole month of July ever single day.

I'm not talking about showers here, I'm taking about wall to wall rain all day ever day for days and days non stop.

That means no direct sunlight. None whatsoever. No sunshine. In July.

The weird thing is, this happens, and no one brings the subject up.

But Greta thinks she can change the weather.
    Does anyone get such a sketchy feeling from the amount of middle aged men coming out with this crap on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone get such a sketchy feeling from the amount of middle aged men coming out with this crap on this forum?

I'm curious to know why you think they're middle aged men, and can you provide back up links to prove it, any time greta gets mentioned on here someone brings up the middle aged men nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Well I thought most middle aged men on the internet would agree that she's a certifiable brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm curious to know why you think they're middle aged men, and can you provide back up links to prove it, any time greta gets mentioned on here someone brings up the middle aged men nonsense
    Hmmm, hard to quantify, theres just such a stench of it off these "Hur-hur-hur-Greta..." posts that pop up all the time, boomer humour as the Americans would say. Cant be arsed looking through his previous posts to prove it but you just know when you see it, the whole thing is very strange.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, hard to quantify, theres just such a stench of it off these "Hur-hur-hur-Greta..." posts that pop up all the time, boomer humour as the Americans would say. Cant be arsed looking through his previous posts to prove it but you just know when you see it, the whole thing is very strange.

Ok, a thoughtful and mature reply, for a while there i thought you'd have come back with a semi literate post filled with cliches and childish name calling, good to know the caliber of poster on boards isn't in decline, you've certainly convinced me middle aged men have a grudge against poor Greta

It's difficult to know who fits into what demographic on boards, but almost nobody would deny that, on the likes of Twitter, the most aggressive personal abuse towards Greta Thunberg comes from middle-aged men.

Have you really not noticed that?

By no means is this all middle-aged men, but nearly all the angry critics do fit in that category.

It's difficult to know who fits into what demographic on boards, but almost nobody would deny that, on the likes of Twitter, the most aggressive personal abuse towards Greta Thunberg comes from middle-aged men.

Have you really not noticed that?

By no means is this all middle-aged men, but nearly all the angry critics do fit in that category.

I'm not on twitter, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Here in the west of Ireland, of Wild Atlantic Way fame, it pissed down rain every day for the whole month of July ever single day.

I'm not talking about showers here, I'm taking about wall to wall rain all day ever day for days and days non stop.

The last few months have been very demoralizing for any consideration that mankind will get its act together and make the necessary changes in order to introduce sustainable practices.

People won't even listen to the science when it comes to Covid but are still spouting BS nonsense about hoaxes, conspiracies, masks being bad for you, their f*cking 'rights' and so on that I actually, at this point, don't believe that we will get to a consensus on any sort of positive action.

Greta doesn't think she can change the weather, only an idiot would say that she does, but she, as literally hundreds of thousands of scientists think that our behaviour is negatively impacting the climate. And that's even ignoring the whole wasting of finite resources which couldn't possibly be argued is a good thing. And yet, on we go, pedal to the floor, literally.

And we saw it in Ireland with the complete abdication of FG/FF to attempt to achieve the reductions in emissions which they signed us up to achieving and yet people were happy to ignore that and point at a few Greens and blame them for everything.

Hopefully the court decision last week in calling the previous government out on their waffle will make an impact, but I am not holding my breath. Why would they when others are happy to ignore the facts and let them away with it. But, yeah, focus on undermining Greta, the girl who last month won $1M dollars for her activism efforts and immediately donated to groups trying to help endangered locations while the politicians focused on pay rises for a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What about this photo from last Friday on the West Coast?

https://twitter.com/burrenvet/status/1289302802976477185

Fake news I presume. More of that nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What about this photo from last Friday on the West Coast?

Fake news I presume. More of that nonsense.

Sure, I'm exaggerating. There was at most 2 days it did not rain where I live in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

It's the west of ireland op. Hardly rained a drop all month in dublin I'd bet. Sure why would any remarks be passed about it.

October will be drier and sunnier on the plus side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ruwithme wrote: »
    It's the west of ireland op. Hardly rained a drop all month in dublin I'd bet. Sure why would any remarks be passed about it.

October will be drier and sunnier on the plus side

will it? how do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

It will be dry enough to partake in many enjoyable outdoor activities, isn't that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

august now. sadface.

You are a complete and utter total weirdo to make an accusation like that.

maybe some people like it?

Disgusting weather again today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I'm wondering what's going to happen in the latter half of this week....will we see a change.

No, it will be the same.
    A nice mix of rain and sun.
    I'm loving it, you really get the best of both throughout the day.

grand weather in between the showers.

• Advertisement

The shows are so pleasant after the heat and then it warms up again, rinse and repeat.
    It keep humidity under control too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I was in Clare for a three day break in July and we actually got fabulous weather. Warm and sunny every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

We work very efficiently in this country. Tis one of the few places where they manage to make 1mm of rain last the whole day

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

It sometimes surprises me that Irish people don't know our own weather. We get the same rainfall in June as we do in November.

Our dry months are April and May, and this year was the classic example of that.

Here, Here
    How people dont know this either is beyond me
    April, May and sometimes September are generally our best months every year

I think it might have something to do with following english media and been jealous of places like london, brighton, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah it has been a pretty crappy summer. Though I dont think its been as bad as that shocker of a summer a few years back, maybe 2015? iirc it rained for eighty something days straight and you couldnt plan anything outdoors without getting wet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah it has been a pretty crappy summer. Though I dont think its been as bad as that shocker of a summer a few years back, maybe 2015? iirc it rained for eighty something days straight and you couldnt plan anything outdoors without getting wet

2017 had the same amount of July rain as this year, OP must have a short memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Muahahaha wrote: »

As someone who loves our mild climate, it's been quite an enjoyable summer for me... :D

Most of what we get is light intermittent drizzle anyway, so I really don't see why that would ruin anyone's summer. I've seen heavy persistent rain in other countries... monsoons, flash flooding etc...

We're actually incredibly lucky to have this climate. Unfortunately not enough people appreciate our good fortune... or have just been raised in an atmosphere of negativity and constant whinging about the weather, so just don't know any better and mimic what they hear around them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Bracken81 wrote: »
    Here, Here
    How people dont know this either is beyond me
    April, May and sometimes September are generally our best months every year

I think it might have something to do with following english media and been jealous of places like london, brighton, etc

People might know it but don’t have to like it. It’s not unreasonable to hope for a bit of decent weather over July. Was over in the west last week for a couple of days, torrential rain every day. Miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Donegal was as bad, wet miserable and downright depressing.

I’m just thankful that March April and May were so good as that wet weather during lockdown would have been an absolute nightmare, at least we were able to get out and about, eat outside, go for forest walks etc Have been able to do very little ever since as June wasn’t much better than July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

2017 had the same amount of July rain as this year, OP must have a short memory

I don't have a short memory, on the contrary, I have a very good memory.

In my lifetime I've never seen a July like this.

This has been a July where not only did it rain a lot, but one that was indistinguishable from a winter month. I.e. it didn't feel like a wet July, that was warm and humid but rained, it felt like any winter month from October to February. Dark by 6pm. Totally bizarre.

Advertisement