Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm not surprised about Graziano, I don't think he was particularly popular last year and didn't he get a lot of flack for his choreography for Vic? I must say I'm very surprised about Gorka though, I thought he would have been one of the more popular male pro's. Does that mean there is a new male pro, or will a second pro be bumped up from the group dances?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ncmc wrote: »
    I'm not surprised about Graziano, I don't think he was particularly popular last year and didn't he get a lot of flack for his choreography for Vic? I must say I'm very surprised about Gorka though, I thought he would have been one of the more popular male pro's. Does that mean there is a new male pro, or will a second pro be bumped up from the group dances?

I'd like to have seen Graziano get another chance, I think he was a bit all over the place with choreography last year. I'm sure he will be partnered up in the future though.

I wonder was Gorka's choice his own, he has a newborn and had back problems recently. He might be glad of the break.

There's 7 spots for the male pros
    Aj, Aljaz, Anton, Giovanni, Johannas, Kevin & Neil

I saw someone on twitter make a comment that the pros are more well known than most of the celebs, seems true, maybe not outside of Strictly fans though :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought Kevin had retired last year?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Pasha retired

I'd like to have seen Graziano get another chance, I think he was a bit all over the place with choreography last year. I'm sure he will be partnered up in the future though.

I wonder was Gorka's choice his own, he has a newborn and had back problems recently. He might be glad of the break.

There's 7 spots for the male pros
    Aj, Aljaz, Anton, Giovanni, Johannas, Kevin & Neil

I saw someone on twitter make a comment that the pros are more well known than most of the celebs, seems true, maybe not outside of Strictly fans though :D
    Is there one less celeb this year then? Because there should be three replacements needed (Pasha, Graziano, Gorka) and only two new/promoted dancers (Neil/Johannas) or is there a new dancer that I've missed?

• Advertisement

15 celebs again, more men than women celebs this year.

There's a new female pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Only 7 men needed as only 7 female pros.

No pro is ever guaranteed a celeb partner so I don’t know what the big deal is. Of course the media like blowing it up that somethings wrong. But i’m guessing it’s the BBC liking a policy of any news is news to get the ratings.

Looking toward to Johannes and Neil getting partners. Both are phenomenal dancers. Will be looking forward to seeing Gorka in the pro routines.

Artem didn’t get his DWTS contract renewed this year. He was a great dancer. I didn’t give him enough credit when he was on Strictly.

So our males dancing : Anton, AJ, Aliaz, Giovanni, Kevin, Neil, and Johannes.

Females : Katya, Amy, Oti, Nadiya, Karen, Dianne, Luba, and Janette. Nancy prob doing group dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jamie Lang has had to pull out due to injury. Has this ever happened before the show started before? Wonder if they will have a substitute for him?

• Advertisement

Apparently his partner was
    .......Oti......
    Will be disappointing if she doesn't get a replacement partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

ncmc wrote: »
    Apparently his partner was
    .......Oti......
    Will be disappointing if she doesn't get a replacement partner.

Oh no I love her. Hope she gets a decent replacement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

For the first time ever, I actually know all the pairings already. Someone slightly adjacent to the danceworld showed me a Facebook post. I knew they pre-recorded the launch show.

I doubt X will get a new partner - it would put that new contestant at a disadvantage. Either they'll have a week later on with no elimination or they'll start a week later.

Genealogy Forum Mod

They haven’t been practicing with their partners as of yet anyway. Only the group dance which isn’t very good anyway. Nobody will have an advantage at this stage.

Tess has announced she’ll hear who the replacement is tomorrow and the public soon after. They seemingly always have a male and female on reserve. Last year the reserve was Mike Bushell for the men :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone else watching tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Autosport wrote: »
    Can't quite bring myself to.

Have it recording to speed watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »

Watching it now Auto , bit late to the party :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching it now Auto , bit late to the party :o

Me too Mam! Just starting now!

Was Anton paired off already can anyone tell me please ?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was Anton paired off already can anyone tell me please ?

Not yet!!!! I adore him!

Oh wait I’m 20 mins behind so he may well be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I'm a Strictly newbie but love dance shows so must put this on record 'cos I'm likely to forget. Helps that there's some eye candy on it :pac:

Rfrip wrote: »
    Not yet!!!! I adore him!

Oh wait I’m 20 mins behind so he may well be!!

I love Anton too Rfrip !

Delighted he has someone nice to dance with this year , the poor man was nearly always paired off with someone who wasn't likely to stay in that long . Imo :)

fmpisces wrote: »
    I'm a Strictly newbie but love dance shows so must put this on record 'cos I'm likely to forget. Helps that there's some eye candy on it :pac:

Enjoy fmpices !

Oh my word, the body on Alex Scott :eek:

(I know that's highly un-PC, but can't help myself!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Does that mean Oti won't be in it this year?

Thought someone said there was a sub in the wings, soon to be announced?

I'm more intrigued by her sister going to be judging her!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

The sister was fab when the judges danced! Will be strange with her judging her though!

Delighted to see Karen has a potential dud (with apologies to him if he turns out to be a champion, but I seriously doubt it).

Mean of me, but there you are!

I love oti and she’s my fave pro female but her partner is annoying me already!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Yes me too. Going by some of the comments on Facebook a few weeks ago she seems to have been really popular on the german one. I'll miss Darcey though.

Relieved about Oti!

Advertisement