Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naked Attraction (Channel 4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh go on then, you've twisted my arm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Such a weird show. Not particularly enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Enjoying the references to "hard decisions"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

they missed elephant mans missing leg

Seriously what have we come to ?

I'm watching on +1 is it all women picking men ??? I'm suspecting it will be or that we won't see an average body? I'd say fair play to them but then I say no wtf were they thinking doing this :confused:

The nudity on TV isn't an issue for us here herself was in hysterics for a while but the reasons for it most certainly are, I don't even know were to begin to say whats wrong with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Can't believe how they go back to work the next day after having let it all hang out the night before. It wasn't even really scientific, just cheap titillation with more tit than lation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started channel surfing during the second ads and never went back. It was pretty crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It is what it is - no better or worse than any other dating shows that Channel 4 has done (actually, to be fair The Undateables was actually very good and enjoyable). The actual idea of this Naked Dating I think is interesting - if you take out the television aspect and it was organised through a reputable agency, it's certainly better than Tinder (never used it, think the idea is stupid - but I'm very anti-people being attached to their phones all the time... mines only used to make calls or send the occasional text and I hardly ever use the thing) or any of those things. Personally I prefer the traditional way of actually going out and meeting people - I've tried online dating a couple of times, but just wasn't for me.

Would I watch it again... Probably not, it's a bit boring and would be better craic if there was a live audience or something, but there's certainly a lot worse out there on the telly box.

If they did an Irish version, everyone would watch because you'd probably know half the people on it - which is also the reason there'll never be an Irish version because you wouldn't find many willing participants I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched it on the +1 myself.... It's a piece of crap.
    It's twitter bait. It's teenager / youth bait. The show only exists so people will talk about it.

During the first half I thought to myself how I wonder what the next person, who you would think was going to be a guy, would say about the naked women in front of him. But of course, there was no hetro male but a bisexual female. So two women in the first episode got to judge and pick. Talk about Channel 4 being very cautious of a sexist backlash from what a potential bloke could say ;) I mean... if there was two women on it this week (one straight and one bi) should the same be on it next week just with males? but we shall see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't wait for Googlebox to review :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can't wait for Googlebox to review :p

Give it Gogglesprogs - they'll tell it like it is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poesia

Why I find amusing is I remember the host doing another show a few years ago about people's bodies and she asked a man if there were any vaginas he didn't like, he answered trythfully and said yes he thought some were not nice to look off and were a turn off. She then expressed her disgust at how judgemental he was.

Then on this show she said something about it never being good when a mans balls hang lower than his penis.

Anyone watching tonight ? Surprised they went with a hetro man picking a girl.

Awaits a lynch mob for this guy :D

Edit: "I'm not thinking hard" lmao :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Would it be wrong to say that Maria was a bit...cocky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Do alot of the contestants look better with their clothes on ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

^^^absolutely.

I think one episode is more than enough.
    A little is a lot more often than not.

Would it be wrong to say that Maria was a bit...cocky?

No , but my partner called it as soon as she saw her legs she'd be picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

No , but my partner called it as soon as she saw her legs she'd be picked.

i think he picked her as she looked, how can i put it this, i'm not sure so really so i'll just say she had a look about her

it's pure trash but it's watchable enough for some strange reason, one good thing about it is at least it's portraying normal bodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

When it's a woman picking a man they may as well stop at the Willy. Three for three have gone for biggest Willy there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

This is hands down the weirdest show I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Surprises this thread doesn't get more love, just seen it, switching before the willy half.
    Any plans for an Irish show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Surprises this thread doesn't get more love, just seen it, switching before the willy half.
    Oh God I hope not!! Can you imagine seeing someone you know on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Anyone still watching this? Repeats on every week.

Ireland is far too small for an Irish version....similar to knowing people on First Dates Ireland....but surely even in UK, plenty of people you know us going to see it given its one one of the main channels....or maybe they dont Really care? Would anyone do it?

I've only seen this thing a couple of times but on that small sample one thing I have noticed that it seems to be a lot more successful than normal dating shows

i.e. that a lot of the time when they come back weeks later the couple are still going out

or am I totally off and just haven't watched it enough?

(if true maybe it's because they just get the whole nakedness out of the way and maybe the sort of people who go on this show are uninhibited and better in the sack so more likely to stay together at least for a while anyways)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

glasso wrote: »
    I've only seen this thing a couple of times but on that small sample one thing I have noticed that it seems to be a lot more successful than normal dating shows

i.e. that a lot of the time when they come back weeks later the couple are still going out

or am I totally off and just haven't watched it enough?

(if true maybe it's because they just get the whole nakedness out of the way and maybe the sort of people who go on this show are uninhibited and better in the sack so more likely to stay together at least for a while anyways)

You must be watching the golden episodes. Any one I've seen the couple have not remained together, and it has usually ended with ghosting or very unamicably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Seems a new series begins at 10.45pm tonight on channel 4 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

We call it Operation Transformation.........:p

I've watched this a few times..most times it makes me feel small.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

It's on now again - feckin hilarious.

So is the hashtag #nakedattraction on twitter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Fireball81 wrote: »
    It's on now again - feckin hilarious.

So is the hashtag #nakedattraction on twitter lol

A more bizarre show I will not find in this lifetime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement