Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-08-2020, 00:14   #61
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead Mc1 View Post
Thought they were untouchable.

But they've gotten away with it..?
Advertisement
02-08-2020, 00:38   #62
Tiger20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Brundle View Post
Do tou feel better after blurting out that nonsense?
What's nonsense about it? Is it a fact or not that that road conditions are not consistent in this country? That laws are not applied consistently? And fairly. It seems to me what you are saying is that the problems with this country are not the problems of this country, but the people who find fault with the problems of this country
Thanks from:
02-08-2020, 00:38   #63
Tiger20

Quote:
What's nonsense about it? Is it a fact or not that that road conditions are not consistent in this country? That laws are not applied consistently? And fairly. It seems to me what you are saying is that the problems with this country are not the problems of this country, but the people who find fault with the problems of this country
02-08-2020, 00:39   #64
Tiger20

Quote:
What's nonsense about it? Is it a fact or not that that road conditions are not consistent in this country? That laws are not applied consistently? And fairly. It seems to me what you are saying is that the problems with this country are not the problems of this country, but the people who find fault with the problems of this country.
02-08-2020, 00:54   #65
Tiger20

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tarangu View Post
I live in Belgium; this is pure invention.

You seem to be suggesting that, because planning isn't perfect in Ireland (and I'll concede that it isn't), there should be a free-for-all, and fair fecks to anyone who can get away with it. What if you decided to build some McMansion and got away with it, but then I bought the parcel of land next door and decided to open a sulpher mine or a meat rendering plant and got away with that, where would we be then?
You live in Belguim? Tell me, do the authorities collect rubbish from households on the side of the road on a regular basis? Is that pure invention? Is the health service better or worse there? What about public transport? Or the roads? In your honest experience, are public services better there or not? All I want in this country is a "RONSEAL" public service....one that does exactly what it says it does. For instance, I recently went to a local waste centre with a sofa and single bed, paid €47 for the privilege and on my way home, what did I see only another sofa and mattress dumped on the side of the road. In response to people being allowed to build what they want, that is not what I am,saying. What I am saying is to have planning laws, but ones that are applied evenly, fairly and universally. Have plans that lay out intentions for 5,10, 15 years that have services included and that everyone can have confidence in. If you dont think what I am saying about the planning laws of this country are right, familiarise yourself with the case of the local musician in west Kerry who cant get permission for a small dwelling on what is an ancient settlement while others are granted planning for holiday homes in the same area. This is the fact of the laws of Ireland being applied unfairly and indescriminatably. But again, I make the point that the problem seems to be the people who have a problem with these laws, not the laws themselves
Advertisement
02-08-2020, 01:02   #66
JustAThought

whatever about the McMansion I agree totally about the laws being unfairly applied &
the ‘laws’ of this country being a total farce. Look at what is happening regarding Zone Z planning in the ao called protected
conservation area of St Annes Park in Dublin City Council Area, and the two fingers given to the protected stratus of tye protected trees in ‘Santry’ Park and the high court injunction protecting Malahide Castle in Fingal County Council - planning and legal protection and the ‘might’ of the law is a total joke in this country and only seems to depend on what pull
you have and how deep the taxpayer pockets who you can dig into are - regardless of what the law says against you.
(2) thanks from:
02-08-2020, 01:13   #67
El Tarangu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger20 View Post
You live in Belguim? Tell me, do the authorities collect rubbish from households on the side of the road on a regular basis?
They do, but it's not covered by your property tax, as you claimed; you have to pay for it (though i will concede it's not very expensive). There loads of crappy roads in Belgium also, with the roads of one region being in worse condition than those of the others, to the extent that there are loads of memes about it.

it's true that the public transport is a lot better and the hospitals are good - but these things come with a cost, I doubt that you would want to pay Belgian taxes.
02-08-2020, 01:27   #68
Tiger20

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tarangu View Post
They do, but it's not covered by your property tax, as you claimed; you have to pay for it (though i will concede it's not very expensive). There loads of crappy roads in Belgium also, with the roads of one region being in worse condition than those of the others, to the extent that there are loads of memes about it.

it's true that the public transport is a lot better and the hospitals are good - but these things come with a cost, I doubt that you would want to pay Belgian taxes.
Pay Belgian taxes? Happily, if I got Belgian public services. As I pointed out, we get nothing for our property tax that we did not get before. I would have happily paid the water charge, because it is the one thing that you actually got to see what you paid for. Turn on your tap, theres your water. My point re planning laws, and all laws in this country, is that they are totally unfair and not applied evenly. There are many examples of this, for instance the Central Bank fmhad permission to build 16 storeys, but "someone" built 17, did they have to knock a floor? No. So, if you want a law applying to the people in this OP, then apply it to everyone
(2) thanks from:
02-08-2020, 01:43   #69
Widdensushi

Quote:
Pay Belgian taxes? Happily, if I got Belgian public services. As I pointed out, we get nothing for our property tax that we did not get before. I would have happily paid the water charge, because it is the one thing that you actually got to see what you paid for. Turn on your tap, theres your water. My point re planning laws, and all laws in this country, is that they are totally unfair and not applied evenly. There are many examples of this, for instance the Central Bank fmhad permission to build 16 storeys, but "someone" built 17, did they have to knock a floor? No. So, if you want a law applying to the people in this OP, then apply it to everyone
Rubbish, we need rules or everyone can build what they want, I am not necessarily against that but if you have rules then the people who ignore them have to take down their properties or there will be a free for all. It's an injustice to everyone who applies for planning permission that this property is still standing.
Advertisement
02-08-2020, 01:47   #70
Tiger20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdensushi View Post
Rubbish, we need rules or everyone can build what they want, I am not necessarily against that but if you have rules then the people who ignore them have to take down their properties or there will be a free for all. It's an injustice to everyone who applies for planning permission that this property is still standing.
That's my point, which you seem to miss. We need rules, but ones that are applied to everyone. Why should these people have to take down their property if the Central Bank did not have to abide by the laws and remove a floor that they had no permission for? To me, that is the injustice
Thanks from:
02-08-2020, 06:54   #71
JG009

Quote:
Welcome to the internet. People say things here. So what if he does?
02-08-2020, 07:06   #72
s1ippy

If everyone just did it then we could all just do it.

Fucl< da Co €o
Let's develop Mayo
Never mind the 5-0
Watch me build a gaf tho
Next we'll start in Sligo
Fill the country with ho

mes. Homes.
02-08-2020, 07:45   #73
MaryLouMacari

Does anyone know the reasons why the Murrays were refused planning in the first place?
Thanks from:
02-08-2020, 08:00   #74
2018na

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMacari View Post
Does anyone know the reasons why the Murrays were refused planning in the first place?
Planning in Meath is a joke. Broke the Murrays hearts over a period when they legitimately applied a number of times albeit for a smaller dwelling. Around that time another builder had got retention for a massive mansion built in the wrong field and drastically bigger than any permits granted. Also this mansion is fully visible from the road whereas the Murray house is up a very quiet cul de sac. As regards knocking it what sort of a man he gonna bring machinery on site to actually knock it. Everyone is really busy and no one needs that sort of job along with the inevitable hassle it will bring the contractor. It’s also amazing it got to the stage of being totally finished without the planning authorities realizing something’s amiss no
(2) thanks from:
02-08-2020, 08:12   #75
ronivek

Quote:
There are many examples of this, for instance the Central Bank fmhad permission to build 16 storeys, but "someone" built 17, did they have to knock a floor? No. So, if you want a law applying to the people in this OP, then apply it to everyone
They spent over a million pounds reducing the height of the building because they were in breach of planning laws. At least pick a valid example if you're going to claim planning laws aren't 'applied evenly'.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion