Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-09-2018, 21:36   #46
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodaw View Post
Anyone think the prices these are are a bit high? The green space in the estate is a little on the small side and location wise they will be a bit away from the new secondary school on the Athy road.

Brocan would seem similar or lower priced and more central.

Considering a 3 Bed semi in a nice estate could be had for 120K less than three years ago
Have you been to view the houses in brocan wood? I viewed them, wasn’t too impressed myself, the prices of houses all over the country are going up, it’s no surprise that these houses wore a lol less no more than a year ago. Builders can get the money, and while they can inflation will just keep coming unfortunately.
Advertisement
01-09-2018, 21:39   #47
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi1111 View Post
Thanks Aaron yeah i reckon the only way to have a corner would be to close off the door in the sitting room . Are you in yet ??
Yeah, I don’t think it would be worth blocking one door off.

No we’re not in yet, we’re hoping to be in by the end of this month, please god.
01-09-2018, 21:39   #48
jodaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
Have you been to view the houses in brocan wood? I viewed them, wasn’t too impressed myself, the prices of houses all over the country are going up, it’s no surprise that these houses wore a lol less no more than a year ago. Builders can get the money, and while they can inflation will just keep coming unfortunately.
Yes. The estate is being built by the builder that has and is still building Ferns Bridge. The estate was originally partially developed and now is being redeveloped.

I do not like the road that brocan is on and green space is very limited for kids playing etc... But it will be great for access to the new secondary school
01-09-2018, 21:48   #49
Aaron15

Quote:
Yes. The estate is being built by the builder that has and is still building Ferns Bridge. The estate was originally partially developed and now is being redeveloped.

I do not like the road that brocan is on and green space is very limited for kids playing etc... But it will be great for access to the new secondary school

Old grangewood is just around the corner, so I don’t think the estate is poorly placed, I think the houses a very well built, and spacious enough, it’s a nice little town and it’s close enough to Kildare town and newbridge, it ticks the boxes for us, may seem a lil expensive, but in a few years when prices are more inflated, we might count ourselves lucky.

A sports Centre in the town would have been really good tho
01-09-2018, 21:52   #50
MiMi1111

Quote:

Went to see Brocan too much prefer these to be honest and like the fact theres like a countryside feel to where they are located .

Hopefully there is a few kids moving in to the glades ive told my son there is !!!
Advertisement
01-09-2018, 21:54   #51
MiMi1111

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t think it would be worth blocking one door off.

No we’re not in yet, we’re hoping to be in by the end of this month, please god.
Please god is right did i see theres a hold up with kildare county council?

Sorry to bore you with couches but did yous go for a 3 and a 2 ?
01-09-2018, 21:58   #52
Aaron15

Quote:
Please god is right did i see theres a hold up with kildare county council?

Sorry to bore you with couches but did yous go for a 3 and a 2 ?
Yeah apparently there’s a delay with the council, but who knows.

Yeah we went for a 3 and a 2 , they’re quite big, I’m hoping they fit. Have you picked anything out for your house yet? Like your kitchen and that?
01-09-2018, 22:04   #53
MiMi1111

Quote:
Yeah apparently there’s a delay with the council, but who knows.

Yeah we went for a 3 and a 2 , they’re quite big, I’m hoping they fit. Have you picked anything out for your house yet? Like your kitchen and that?
I work in the council ill see if i can find out anything.

The sitting room is narrow im struggling picking a couch
Yeah i picked the kitchen went for the grey shaker husband wanted an american fridge so that caused problems.

He hasnt even seen the house yet.!!!
01-09-2018, 22:13   #54
Aaron15

Quote:
I work in the council ill see if i can find out anything.

The sitting room is narrow im struggling picking a couch
Yeah i picked the kitchen went for the grey shaker husband wanted an american fridge so that caused problems.

He hasnt even seen the house yet.!!!
Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard of kitchen.
Advertisement
01-09-2018, 22:23   #55
MiMi1111

Quote:
Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard
I wonder are they just waiting for the council to take charge of the estate

Had to do without the integrated microwave because we went with the American Fridge. Kitchen is fab.

T

Last edited by Graham; 02-09-2018 at 13:06.
01-09-2018, 22:34   #56
Aaron15

Quote:
Quote:
Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard

Had to do without the integrated microwave because we went with the American Fridge. Kitchen is fab.

T
I don’t know, we’ve still some snags to be done, and I was up last Saturday and the roads weren’t done, don’t know if they are now tho, maybe they are.

01-09-2018, 22:52   #57
jodaw

Quote:
Quote:
Lovely, thank you

T
Is the council going to be in charge of the estate or is there a management company structure?

01-09-2018, 22:58   #58
Aaron15

Quote:

Is the council going to be in charge of the estate or is there a management company structure?
It will be the council id imagine

Last edited by Graham; 02-09-2018 at 13:07.
02-09-2018, 21:49   #59
Wkahmed

Hi all. I am interested in the development and have a viewing on Wednesday. Just had a couple of Qs if some can help answer:

1. How much deposit do they require to book a house and the mode of payment?

2. How much time is available between paying the deposit and signing the contract?

3. How much wait time is there between signing the contract and having the keys in your hand?

4. Are there creches/schools close to the estate?

Apologies if the answers have been provided earlier but wanted the current experiences from people living there now
02-09-2018, 23:07   #60
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkahmed View Post
Hi all. I am interested in the development and have a viewing on Wednesday. Just had a couple of Qs if some can help answer:

1. How much deposit do they require to book a house and the mode of payment?

2. How much time is available between paying the deposit and signing the contract?

3. How much wait time is there between signing the contract and having the keys in your hand?

4. Are there creches/schools close to the estate?

Apologies if the answers have been provided earlier but wanted the current experiences from people living there now

We paid a 5000 euro booking deposit , bank transfer.

Contracts were signed within 21 days ( for the white goods) don’t know if this is still the case

We still haven’t got our keys, we’re waiting about 8 months and counting.

There’s a crèche on the actual site, there’s a primary school in the area and they’re building a new secondary school

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion