Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Di Maria is quickly becoming one of the most hated players in the club from the looks of things. Sad that it didn't work out for him but that is no excuse for not showing up on tour/training. He has no desire to prove his critics and prove everyone wrong and for that reason he should leave. If we can get 45million for him, that is fantastic for a player with that kind of character

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Its probably an extra 500k, not like he is on 10k a week, he is on around 230k

Yeah I thought, but also thought if he's really going next week maybe van gaal knew exactly where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Di Maria is quickly becoming one of the most hated players in the club from the looks of things. Sad that it didn't work out for him but that is no excuse for not showing up on tour/training. He has no desire to prove his critics and prove everyone wrong and for that reason he should leave. If we can get 45million for him, that is fantastic for a player with that kind of character

I still like him and wished he stayed, but I'm sure the misses wasn't happy after the burglary. I don't see it as just he didn't want to go to United in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I wonder would LVG ever play Fellaini as a CB.

Could be epic. I remember that one game last season where he sat in front of the back four and turned our defense into a no fly zone.

Fellaini played as CB against ManCity away last season. He didn't start but after Smalling red card and Rojo injury, Fellaini played as CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sky sources also understand United are actively pursuing a replacement for Di Maria and Van Gaal could yet add further to his attacking options with Barcelona forward Pedro among the players he is monitoring.

We are "monitoring" Pedro. I can just imagine Woody in the bushes outside Pedro's house with binoculars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Oh yeah, marvellous.

I have Annie Lennox's Walking On Broken Glass on repeat in my head now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

JamboMac wrote: »
    I still like him and wished he stayed, but I'm sure the misses wasn't happy after the burglary. I don't see it as just he didn't want to go to United in the first place.

This isn't directed at you, but seriously, if he and the family are still affected by the burglary then I would suggest they get the **** over it.

It was a horrible thing, not nice to see happen to anybody, but far worse things have happened to people and they have managed to pull themselves together and get on with their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Didnt Berbatov play CB for us once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

xtal191 wrote: »

Im not kean on the crest colour change on the 3rd kit. Kit would look better with those leaf looking things all over instead of just that little bit.

The 2nd kit looks very liverpoolish from a couple of years ago.

This isn't directed at you, but seriously, if he and the family are still affected by the burglary then I would suggest they get the **** over it.

It was a horrible thing, not nice to see happen to anybody, but far worse things have happened to people and they have managed to pull themselves together and get on with their lives.

Sure if they were that bothered with it, couldn't they not just hire some permanent security staff or something. The lad is on 250k a week, surely he could spend 1k or 2k of that of some security.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Didnt Berbatov play CB for us once?

Leeds away in league cup. I think he scores that night too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I know it's not exactly traditional, but I always think our home kit would look better if we stuck with using black shorts (like when we play Everton away). To be fair, I think this is one of the nicer home jerseys we've had in a while. 2008 was the last one that really looked decent.

I like the white kit, but the shorts look strange.

Glad we've moved away from Nike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

kayevajo wrote: »
    Leeds away in league cup. I think he scores that night too!

Was fairly sure him and Carrick were together. God we used to be awfully stuck ha.

I wonder if we'll see squad numbers confirmed tomorow alongside the kit launch. Would go nicely with the new kit to have the names & numbers sorted. Otherwise I imagine people getting Depay "9" or wasting money on incorrect info.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will be odd not seeing the Nike Swoosh on the jersey's..

• Advertisement

Yeah but lump it in with all the other reasons not to stay and you have a tipping point.

But, to be fair, I would imagine it was a deeply unpleasant experience and just because it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone doesn't mean someone can't justifiably feel upset by it for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does so why should he just "get the **** over it"? If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Angel Di Maria has been fined £360,000 for failing to appear in the USA for Manchester United's pre-season tour.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesPerson_/status/627057329159176192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does. If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

Someone should send him a DVD of Taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Click link image too big
    This is gorgeous.

• Advertisement

This can't be real, can it? Made me laugh anyway, and Antonio Valencia just showed a rare display of humour by posting it...

https://www.facebook.com/ynfathehub/videos/765165793520318/

(Subject: Liverpool fan commentating on defeat to United)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Adidas gear is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah that Deluded Liverpool Commentator is just absolutely hilarious :D

stankratz wrote: »
    This can't be real, can it? Made me laugh anyway, and Antonio Valencia just showed a rare display of humour by posting it...

Thats too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Thats too good.

I don't think he was having it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Getting the new thread off to a great start! Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads whats with the unhappy vibe re pedro? jesus he apparently wants the move better have him there than the sulky dimaria imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

lads whats with the unhappy vibe re pedro? jesus he apparently wants the move better have him there than the sulky dimaria imo.

I haven't seen much unhappiness about Pedro speculation, to be honest I haven't seen too much talking about it as much as other players we've been linked with. Maybe with work and that I have missed some pages of people discussing him more.

No doubt would be a great addition to our side, I really want Di Maria thing to be finished up quickly and then I imagine the club will bring someone in. If it is Pedro it would be a great result.

lol the lanky poodle comment re fellaini brilliant

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I haven't seen much unhappiness about Pedro speculation, to be honest I haven't seen too much talking about it as much as other players we've been linked with. Maybe with work and that I have missed some pages of people discussing him more.

No doubt would be a great addition to our side, I really want Di Maria thing to be finished up quickly and then I imagine the club will bring someone in. If it is Pedro it would be a great result.
    di maria is a class player but he has done nothing to fight for his place looking to piss off lost massive respect for him tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

We really don't have a great record getting the South American lads to settle!

Who would ye say has been our most successful South American player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Quandary wrote: »

Must be Valencia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quandary wrote: »

Rafael I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heinze but for the injuries :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I was thinking Rafael too but Valencia has been played more I'd say. That's about our lot though. I always like Heinze but it didn't really happen for him either.

Tevez didn't do badly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fellaini played as CB against ManCity away last season. He didn't start but after Smalling red card and Rojo injury, Fellaini played as CB.

Pretty sure Carrick was brought on and played at CB after the Smalling red card and McNair played CB after the Rojo injury. Don't remember seeing Fellaini playing CB in a United shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heinze
    Rojo
    Rafael
    Fabio

Veron
    Klebersen
    Anderson

Valencia
    Tevez
    Forlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does so why should he just "get the **** over it"? If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

If somebody wants to go then just go, there doesn't even need to be any justifications.

What grates is just this constant referral to the burglary and the apparent emotional distress to excuse his piss poor professional performance. I mean, leave if you want to leave, but until you do at least try to suck it up and do your job.
    Yeah but lump it in with all the other reasons not to stay and you have a tipping point.

But, to be fair, I would imagine it was a deeply unpleasant experience and just because it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone doesn't mean someone can't justifiably feel upset by it for quite some time.

Of course he can be upset, but to the extent that even now its still affecting every facet of his life and career? Nah. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ed Woodward. The guy is cursed. Everything he's touched since becoming CE has gone to sh*t in some way. There's plenty of cock ups he can't be responsible for but his bad luck is just bizarre.

I hope his luck changes because he's the Glazer's boy and they won't sack him, so we're stuck with until they sell up I suppose.

Fingers crossed he's got a couple of mega signings in the works and nothing happens to Darmian or Schneiderlin, so far untouched by the curse but it's early days.

Ronaldo and Hummels, you can do it Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

di maria is a class player but he has done nothing to fight for his place looking to piss off lost massive respect for him tbh

I wasn't his biggest fan before he came but there is no questioning he is a top class player. I'm a little disappointed about how he's gone about this but at the same time it would be even more annoyed if I was a huge fan of his.

He's been very unprofessional

Of course he can be upset, but to the extent that even now its still affecting every facet of his life and career? Nah. Get over it.

His family is unhappy. The football went to sh*t after that and he wasn't picked.

Factor in that Manchester wasn't his first choice and he may have heard that PSH would be back in some time ago.

The burglary isn't the only reason for him wanting to leave but if his wife and child are very unhappy, then I don't see why that wouldn't affect him. Ultimately, they're his priority and especially when he has options, why wouldn't he want to move if staying would make them unhappy?

Either way, I'm not pushed. He's a brilliant player but he didn't do it for any length of time at United so I don't see it as a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Blatter wrote: »
    Pretty sure Carrick was brought on and played at CB after the Smalling red card and McNair played CB after the Rojo injury. Don't remember seeing Fellaini playing CB in a United shirt.

After Smalling was sent off, Fellaini played as CB before Carrick was on.

I remember it as Fellaini made few tackles on Aguero which was appealed for Penalty.

Just checked the report, he played as CB then once Carrick was on he played as CB. So Fellaini was CB for 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭paulbok

Sure if they were that bothered with it, couldn't they not just hire some permanent security staff or something. The lad is on 250k a week, surely he could spend 1k or 2k of that of some security.

Or get a dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm going to a bit harsh on little Angel here , I'm sorry but the lad is being paid a sensational amount of money to play football to the tune of 250k a week...1 million pounds a month....12 millon a year...his house was broken into? peoples houses get broken into everyday, most people get on with their life and get a better alarm system and security, something this lad can well afford to do on that kind of money.

I don't buy the whole BS for one second on how that suddenly turned his performances into piss poor crap for the season , 'afraid in England' he grew up in a ghetto in Argentina FFS and he's now 'afraid' in his big mansion? please...

More likely , he knew PSG was interested , wasn't up to the task in the Premiership , didn't fancy working on it or bulking up or fighting for his place or earning his wages so decided to wait it out , use the excuse and run to Paris where he can flutter around in a non competitive competition surrounded by other similar players....yep that's the way I see it.

So I'm delighted he's pissing off , no time for players like that in the Utd team. As Fergie always said and did 'If you don't want to be here...you won't be'...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Korat wrote: »
    I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ed Woodward. The guy is cursed. Everything he's touched since becoming CE has gone to sh*t in some way. There's plenty of cock ups he can't be responsible for but his bad luck is just bizarre.

I hope his luck changes because he's the Glazer's boy and they won't sack him, so we're stuck with until they sell up I suppose.

Fingers crossed he's got a couple of mega signings in the works and nothing happens to Darmian or Schneiderlin, so far untouched by the curse but it's early days.

Ronaldo and Hummels, you can do it Ed.

:confused:

The man has done very well so far. Not many could have predicted how shíte Falcao has been and most expected Dí María to be a quality signing.

The rest the signings under his watch have proven decent and the ones this summer look very good.

Plus, the amount of money he has generated off the field for the club is astronomical.

Woodward has done brilliantly in his commercial dealings.

But he's pretty much just thrown money to clubs and players to get the signings we have so I don't think he's done any better than average there.

Sky Sports News saying we are not interested in signing Stones OR ANY OTHER DEFENDER. Top 4 could be a struggle this season if Rooney dosnt bang in 30 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

His family is unhappy. The football went to sh*t after that and he wasn't picked.

Factor in that Manchester wasn't his first choice and he may have heard that PSH would be back in some time ago.

The burglary isn't the only reason for him wanting to leave but if his wife and child are very unhappy, then I don't see why that wouldn't affect him. Ultimately, they're his priority and especially when he has options, why wouldn't he want to move if staying would make them unhappy?

Either way, I'm not pushed. He's a brilliant player but he didn't do it for any length of time at United so I don't see it as a huge loss.

We don't take kindly to you sense-talking types in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

like I said and has been said many times before, di Maria never wanted to join man utd. PSG was always his no1 choice. Real Madrid didn't want him, PSG couldn't sign him, we were his only option and now PSG can sign him he is going there. Was always going to happen.

He knew and van Gaal knew back in march he wouldn't be here next season, that's why he couldn't be bothered in games. Its no surprise really

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement