Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Our Year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Porridge, in case anyone asks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well that's put the Kibosh on the start of the 15-16 season for Liverpool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Higher than last seasons finishing position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

First page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Carrying on the discussion of the 10 midfield players, I would be happy to see Allen moved on with Enrique and the money used for another LB to compete with Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭54and56

First time on first page, whahoooo!!!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Carrying on the discussion of the 10 midfield players, I would be happy to see Allen moved on with Enrique and the money used for another LB to compete with Moreno.

^ This and ref Can. I think Milner will be a mentor for him in the CM role. He'll be Milners understudy and play the EL/cup games in order to grow into the CM role assuming the CM role is deemed to be his best long term position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

^ This and ref Can. I think Milner will be a mentor for him in the CM role. He'll be Milners understudy and play the EL/cup games in order to grow into the CM role assuming the CM role is deemed to be his best long term position.

I think Can has the makings of a great player but his risk at his age is if he's shifted around too much, e.g. CB, RB, CM.

He needs to focus on the CM position and as you say learn from the likes of Milner and now McAllister.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is there anything to be said for another signing, i'm bored now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Meh

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

In

Like Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭slingerz

hon the boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

so%20much%20room.png?itok=tyod-Anq

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I really shouldn't be here...:confused:

Is there a game on today?

edit - there is 14:00 Thailand Stars (Tha) - Liverpool (Eng)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looking forward to seeing Clyne/Milner in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Once Messi and Ronaldo sign before the end of this month I'll be very pleased with this summers business. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I love that new thread smell in the mornings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭brevity

FIRST!

Vicxas wrote: »

I'm sure I'm the only one looking forward to the primary strike force of Ings and Origi tearing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

23 rd :))

Vicxas wrote: »
    Me too.

I bit the bullet and signed up for LFCTV To Go, so I should be able to watch it in work!

Dickerty wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and signed up for LFCTV To Go, so I should be able to watch it in work!

How much is lfc tv ?

I'm sure I'm the only one looking forward to the primary strike force of Ings and Origi tearing it up.

I think Origi will surprise people! Especially in pre-season, lots of space to run into, should play with a lot of freedom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Any idea on line ups today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't want to see anyone doing well in preseason, no false hope. Remember Aspas' preseason?

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    How much is lfc tv ?

£50 for the year. Will get use out of it for pre season, and highlights from the Youth games in particular...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I guarantee by the 50th page of this thread, there will be a picture of Reus leaning on our CL trophy.

I don't want to see anyone doing well in preseason, no false hope. Remember Aspas' preseason?

He wasn't THAT good. N'gog did the same.

I'd prefer for the players to look like they are able to play together - Hendo and Milner understanding, Origi and Ibe linking well, Lallana and Marko playing each other in.

We lacked some of that understanding last season with so many new players in attack - Lallana, Marko, Balo, Lambert, Ibe, Can. It was a lot of individuals trying to do it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I remember Voronin looking particularly good in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Goldilocks Voronin was always good looking, he was just ****e at football stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,737 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

GOAL SUAREZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rarnes1 wrote: »
    GOAL SUAREZ

what? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah good times, good times.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Remember when we hopped off Dortmund in preseason

And then we both went on to have awful seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,737 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Kirby wrote: »
    what? :confused:

Cracker of a finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I remember Voronin looking particularly good in pre-season.

you don't have to go back that far. its only 2 years ago that aspas scored 5 goals in pre-season and most here were singing his praises :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    I guarantee by the 50th page of this thread, there will be a picture of Reus leaning on our CL trophy.

Lose our first game and I guarantee that we will go through this thread like a pig goes through a paper mâché effigy of The Rodgers covered in slop.

So Rues will be in the third or fourth thread holding our imaginary CL trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭slingerz

I still think Rodgers will be lucky to make xmas given the way the fixtures have fallen and his current standing after last season

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you don't have to go back that far. its only 2 years ago that aspas scored 5 goals in pre-season and most here were signing his praises :D

He would have been a contender if Studge would have passed it more. And we're looking a Rafa flops before Rodgers ones, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He would have been a contender if Studge would have passed it more. And we're looking a Rafa flops before Rodgers ones, thank you.

what about Hodgeflops?

That video does remind us of the importance of Sturridge, and that Coutinho and Henderson are bloody talented players. Add Firmino in there instead of Sterling, it's still a very strong attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That game thought me to never get excited after a pre-season game again. I remember watching that and thinking, the football is sublime even without Suarez and Lovren looked like the leader at the back we desperately needed.

The thing im worried about now is that firmino , coutinio , marko all seemly are best through the middle ( from what I've read ) so that means shoe-horning players into positions out wide where they are not likely to prosper.
    We need all these players using 100% of their potential for a realistic top 4 shot .

what about Hodgeflops?

Who? Liverpool managers after Benitez are Dagleish (who came in after Xmas after the club decided to sit out the first half of that season) and then Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The thing im worried about now is that firmino , coutinio , marko all seemly are best through the middle ( from what I've read ) so that means shoe-horning players into positions out wide where they are not likely to prosper.
    We need all these players using 100% of their potential for a realistic top 4 shot .

Coutinho actually plays his best football out on the left and is then left to roam into the centre. He can isolate and commit players out there, he struggles to break through 2 CB generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Could play a 451 with three behind one striker works well for Chelsea, It would see those three used properly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement