Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wait- I was number one all through the marref? All bets are off now so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Apparently Cech has turned down the chance to earn €150000 a week at PSG. It really seems that Cech wants Arsenal. Hopefully the feeling is mutual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Id loan out Martinez again, deffo worth keeping him around. Ospina and Chez dont seem the type to go out on loan so one of them will have to go to make way for Cech. Id prefer we keep Chez if im honest though Ospina has done nothing out of the way at all.
    Cech only played 6 times in the league last year so I hope a year of sitting on his hole hasnt done him any harm, people seem to forget he is prone to the odd clanger himself

wonga77 wrote: »
    Id loan out Martinez again, deffo worth keeping him around. Ospina and Chez dont seem the type to go out on loan so one of them will have to go to make way for Cech. Id prefer we keep Chez if im honest though Ospina has done nothing out of the way at all.
    Cech only played 6 times in the league last year so I hope a year of sitting on his hole hasnt done him any harm, people seem to forget he is prone to the odd clanger himself

Yep. I mentioned the clangers. Reminds me of the Blotelli rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭ronjo

efb wrote: »
    Yep. I mentioned the clangers. Reminds me of the Blotelli rumour.

Bloody hell man. How can you compare the two?

Cech has been regarded as one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world for the last 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

giphy.gif

Subscribed and starting playing round with all the extra features so decided to re brand :pac:

Great movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Cech looking more likely now. Very happy if we got him, but Chelsea don't want us to have him! I'd keep Scez for some reason... Even though Ospina has been great!!! I'm confused now

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Cech looking more likely now. Very happy if we got him, but Chelsea don't want us to have him! I'd keep Scez for some reason... Even though Ospina has been great!!! I'm confused now

Chez has the likability factor like Podolski had. Everyone imagines them as a good mate.

Me I'm like that Tyrion fella from GoT, so best rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I still rate Chesney very highly. Nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I hope we keep chez. Might depend on how ruthless Wenger feels after his smoking in the shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ello Bargain Hunters!

If ye land Cech for 11million or so yer laughing.
    He's a top keeper and still have a few years left in the tank, seems like a really decent guy to boot.
    It wpuld pain me to see hom leave Chelsea, but at the same time a guy like him shouldnt be wasted on the bench so i would wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Panthro wrote: »
    Ello Bargain Hunters!

If ye land Cech for 11million or so yer laughing.
    He's a top keeper and still have a few years left in the tank, seems like a really decent guy to boot.
    It wpuld pain me to see hom leave Chelsea, but at the same time a guy like him shouldnt be wasted on the bench so i would wish him well.

I wouldn't call it a bargain at all to be honest but I would certainly be delighted to see it happen and it would be a shame to see a player of his quality wasting away on the bench like Mourinho did to Cudicini. Keep yer mits off the Ox too, ye wouldn't even play him!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_
    @Arsenal Yes, is true: Cech, Abramovich and #Arsenal are all ready to sign off the deal. The countdown continues...
    Go on, go on...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Apparently Chelsea wanted Ox as part of the deal. lol, good luck with that.

So home to West Ham, then away to Villa, Home to Liverpool away to Newcastle

Not a bad start

First really tough challenge on the 19th 'Sept away to Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Leaving out City away, we have a lovely run in. Title is coming home boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

In london for the Ireland Italy game on the sunday so hopefully out game against United stays on the Saturday and that will be an awesome weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

L'prof wrote: »
    Relentless!

352235.jpg

Gav is such a closet Arsenal fan.

Come Gav, just admit it. Switch allegiance now, you'll get a bit of stick but you'll be way happier.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What Chelsea fan would have the word 'Red' in their username...

Leaving out City away, we have a lovely run in. Title is coming home boys.

Wow, yeah. if we can start this well, it could get interesting.

August

8 West Ham United (h)

15 Crystal Palace (a)

22 Liverpool (h)

29 Newcastle United (a)

September

12 Stoke City (h)

19 Chelsea (a)

26 Leicester City (a)

October

3 Manchester United (h)

17 Watford (a)

24 Everton (h)

31 Swansea City (a)

November

7 Tottenham (h)

21 West Brom (a)

28 Norwich City (a)

December

5 Sunderland (h)

12 Aston Villa (a)

19 Manchester City (h)

26 Southampton (a)

28 Bournemouth (h)

January

2 Newcastle United (h)

12 Liverpool (a)

16 Stoke City (a)

23 Chelsea (h)

February

2 Southampton (h)

6 Bournemouth (a)

13 Leicester City (h)

27 Manchester United (a)

March

1 Swansea City (h)

5 Tottenham Hotspur (a)

12 West Brom (h)

19 Everton (a)

April

2 Watford (h)

9 West Ham United (a)

16 Crystal Palace (h)

23 Sunderland (a)

30 Norwich City (h)

May

7 Manchester City (a)

15 Aston Villa (h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Talk of a deal for Schneiderlinn involving Jenkinson going the other way and probably 10 million with him , what's our thoughts? Can't see Jenkinson getting much playing time with Bellerin and Debuchy ahead of him, he'd probably only spend the next few seasons on loan.

domrush wrote: »
    Talk of a deal for Schneiderlinn involving Jenkinson going the other way and probably 10 million with him , what's our thoughts? Can't see Jenkinson getting much playing time with Bellerin and Debuchy ahead of him, he'd probably only spend the next few seasons on loan.

Have just seen he's off to Sunderland :o

I'd be happy with that, I like Jenkinson but Bellerin has really pushed himself ahead of him in the pecking order. Schnederlin would be an excellent addition to our midfield.

Have just seen he's off to Sunderland :o

that deal is not signed and sealed is it ?

(I hope I'm not talking to myself here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gosplan wrote: »
    Gav is such a closet Arsenal fan.

Come Gav, just admit it. Switch allegiance now, you'll get a bit of stick but you'll be way happier.
    What Chelsea fan would have the word 'Red' in their username...

Cant do it, Kess has me bound to Liverpool with the Red part of my name. :o

Ye'll be my unofficial 3rd team, or I could bump ye out to 4th for old times sake? :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The fixture list at first glance looks pretty decent, however, until the UCL fixtures are agreed & put in their alongside them its impossible to see if its 'that' good.... we could have a horrible situation with away games after each euro away game which could impact us in what we all hope is a season where a title challenge can be maintained into the new year & not a case of chasing a 10+ point deficit by the time we get our act together.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Very happy with the fixtures on first examination, the tough games appear to be well spread out. City and S'ton at Christmas seems to be the toughest run. Not sure how they will look with CL games slotted in though.

Is Jenks not going to Sunderland on loan?

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Very happy with the fixtures on first examination, the tough games appear to be well spread out. City and S'ton at Christmas seems to be the toughest run. Not sure how they will look with CL games slotted in though.

Is Jenks not going to Sunderland on loan?

Depends on what paper you read really.

I reckon if Southampton lose Clyne to UTD and Schneiderlinn to us and can't replace them with real quality players they'll be massively weakened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/arsenal/fixtures

If we're still in the mix post January we've a right chance. Soft ending to the season City away aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Chez has the likability factor like Podolski had. Everyone imagines them as a good mate.

Me I'm like that Tyrion fella from GoT, so best rid

Really? Not Renly Baratheon? Loras Tyrell maybe?

Thought they might be a better fit. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

If we start well and are in the mix come Christmas, these are the fixtures that make or break it;

Liverpool V Arsenal
    Tue 12 Jan 20:00 Premier League Stoke V Arsenal
    Sat 16 Jan 15:00 Premier League Arsenal V Chelsea
    Sat 23 Jan 15:00

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Sky Sports reporting that Man City have offered Liverpool £40 million for Sterling, If i was Rodgers, i'd happily take that. Delighted Sterling is not coming to us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Sky Sports reporting that Man City have offered Liverpool £40 million for Sterling, If i was Rodgers, i'd happily take that. Delighted Sterling is not coming to us

I dont think Rogers will have much of a say, he seems to be more coach there than a manager in control of ins and outs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

greendom wrote: »
    that deal is not signed and sealed is it ?

(I hope I'm not talking to myself here)

"Southampton have beaten off competition from Stoke City for Cedric Soares and have agreed a deal to sign the Sporting Lisbon right back".

TonyBarretTimes"

This means Jenko is off to Sunderland.

There's always loads of rumours about player plus cash deals but they never happen.

Think it's probably good for clicks.

Anyone got anything decent worth posting on Cech or is it just rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

jonny666 wrote: »
    Think I have dropped down that list in recent threads. I post in fits and bursts!

efb I cant believe you wouldnt take Chec. One of the best in the world still and would massively improve us. He is miles better than Chez or ospina

Really??? Never heard of Chec...... ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As much as ye say its a handy start i'd be very wary of West Ham on the opening day with Bilic's 1st game in charge it has the hallmarks of that Villa game where we were beaten at home a few years back i hope i'm wrong though and we win 4-0 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

wonga77 wrote: »

Same thing happened for Higuain, doesn't mean its going to happen, although im hopeful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭ronjo

Really??? Never heard of Chec...... ;) :pac:

I noticed that...... He has a 4 letter name and it gets spelt so wrongly so often :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ronjo wrote: »
    I noticed that...... He has a 4 letter name and it gets spelt so wrongly so often :pac:

If I see Wilshire one more time I swear to God

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

AdamD wrote: »
    If I see Wilshire one more time I swear to God

Not to mention Carzola

• Advertisement

Cech is is 2-7 on Powers to join us now...

Right Cech looks done-what next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

be disappointed when it turns out we were never even in for him.

Marco Reus?

Arturo Vidal?

Karim Benzema?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

emmetlego wrote: »
    Marco Reus?

Arturo Vidal?

Karim Benzema?

i think we can cross Vidal off the list after last night !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement