Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

absolutely no luck in the cup draws, year after year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

could be worse, should be a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

A really unbeliveable turn around. Whats turned this aroud - one or two lucky results, people coming back frominjury, Padrew starting to try??

Spurs in the next round. Could get bet 3-0 or win 3-0 depending on which Newcastle and Spurs team show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rather this then Liverpool, Chelsea or Southampton I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Its down to injuries forcing Pardew to play players in their proper position with a decent formation. Its a simple game really if he plays to his strengths.

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    Its down to injuries forcing Pardew to play players in their proper position with a decent formation. Its a simple game really if he plays to his strengths.

His strengths or the teams strengths???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

How long does it normally take for this adrenaline stuff to wear off? Feck it, I'm going dancin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Serious question, is this how fans of Chelsea, city, arsenal and United feel every week??

tastyt wrote: »
    Serious question, is this how fans of Chelsea, city, arsenal and United feel every week??

Probably not utd for the past two seasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tastyt wrote: »

Those teams would have gotten 2 pens tonight aswell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Icaras wrote: »
    His strengths or the teams strengths???

his teams strengths, the only strength he has is his ability to be unsackable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Delighted for Newcastle and delighted for Pardew. He has been through it all since the start of the season. It looks like he has turned this team around yet again. I admire his longevity. Mike Ashley should also be congratulated for his patience.

Delighted for Newcastle and delighted for Pardew. He has been through it all since the start of the season. It looks like he has turned this team around yet again. I admire his longevity. Mike Ashley should also be congratulated for his patience.

That some A1 baiting there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

44886269_zps7b5e4d7b.jpg

Emotional Ryan Taylor was handed a standing ovation in the dressing room after returning from his field of dreams at Eastlands.

The Scouser was playing his first game for 26 months after a double knee injury shattered his career as United moved into the last eight of the League Cup.

But after Taylor took part in a TV interview on the field his team-mates waited behind to clap him back into the away dressing room.

He said: “It’s a dream come true. Two years of hard graft has paid off. What a performance that was.”

Taylor’s appearance was his first since 2012 when he was hurt against Atromitos in the Europa League.

He added: “All that time in the gym on my own, there til 4pm from 7am, it’s all worth it.

“To get my pads and boots back on has been a dream come true.”

Delighted for the lad. Inspirational stuff tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I feel.... optimistic about tomorrow.

What is this sorcery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I was listening to talk sport on Wednesday early evening and Mickey Quinn and whoever his co-presenter was was really laying in to the Newcastle line up and comparing it very unfavourably with City. At one point Quinn actually said that city would win 9 0!

Didn't catch the show yesterday to see how they attempted to talk themselves out of it but I bet it was fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Sorry posting this when game is on, but i am off to Newcastle this weekend, and see tickets for the Liverpool game are still in members sale do any of you know if these will go on general sale before Saturday?

Late in the day I know but the match had sold out Wednesday. I ended up becoming a member and then got the tix on viagogo.

Cost me but should be worth it and allows me get tix much easier later in the season.

what is this voodoo magic that is happening?

Impressed by Abeid. What a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Couple of great results for the toon!

• Advertisement

Unreal lads. Not a great game but delighted!

Colo, Dummett, Abeid and Sissoko played well. Perez looks a serious talent and Cabella did well.

What the **** has happened lately?

Still not changing my sig :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ha I just don't know what to say lads. What a week!! What's going on eh?

A taste of how the other side lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Abeid had a great game, delighted to beat liverpool,
    still want parsnip out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What the **** has happened lately?

Parallels to Hodgson...bring expectation so far down that any result or any semblance of form is a boost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Great result though, think we've a serious player in Perez, was going to back him last night for 1st goal but when I saw Cisse was starting I backed him instead, still glad I backed Newcastle today after not backing them at 10/1 on Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

dfx- wrote: »
    Parallels to Hodgson...bring expectation so far down that any result or any semblance of form is a boost?

Four wins in a row goes beyond a semblance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Credit where credit is due, that's two deserved wins against the top two last year!

Quite incredible turn around of form. Pardew not the man to take us forward though. His gamble with players he had previously written off says quite a bit about his abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Saipanne wrote: »
    Four wins in a row goes beyond a semblance.

But in the bigger picture, if I remember that banner correctly, it still only makes 8 league wins or something in 2014 by November

dfx- wrote: »
    But in the bigger picture, if I remember that banner correctly, it still only makes 8 league wins or something in 2014 by November

Before the Leicester game we had 1 win in 210 days...

I still don't understand how Pardew has a job

M5 wrote: »
    Before the Leicester game we had 1 win in 210 days...

I still don't understand how Pardew has a job

Yup, all the facts and stats still exist. Nothing has changed.

I'm happy that my team is doing well however and i'm enjoying it.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yup, all the facts and stats still exist. Nothing has changed.

I'm happy that my team is doing well however and i'm enjoying it.

What if the run continues?

What if the run continues?

It's Newcastle mate. It won't. Count on it.

I don't see the point to this thread. Nothing makes you lot happy, it seems.

• Advertisement

If it continues we will sell our best players

I don't see the point to this thread. Nothing makes you lot happy, it seems.

Parsnip getting the boot would make a lot of us happy

Great set of results lately. Credit to Pardew where it's due... and this is rare credit. His subs of late have been excellent but I just don't think he's the man for the long term.

These have been good league results against a Spurs side who are... Well... Spurs and a Liverpool side who are just as abject as we are.

4-5-1 is a dreadful tactic for us and has been for quite some time. The fact that we've won with it in the league twice means that Pardew will still use it.

It's a stifling system and suffocates players natural ability.

I do like Aarons and the younger lads but they really shouldn't be getting a sniff in that team. The fact that they are shows how little strength in depth has been invested into the squad.

I fear for the younger lads in that A) they'll become too tired and that B) Pardew will destroy whatever bit of confidence they have in themselves like so many before them.

It's been more of a 4-3-3 lately imo.

Definitely seems to have two attackers at least pushed up, whereas prior to last three games it was a lonely one.

Which was riviere...who seems to have been dropped. I'd like to see how he does with a striker to play off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

West Brom away next. They're in half decent form too.

Any news on Obertans injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Any news on Obertans injury?

5 months on the sidelines suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Brilliant news! Jonás Gutiérrez has been given the all-clear today from cancer. #NUFC http://t.co/7svbqQ7122

Wow, great news!

Wonderful news. Delighted.

image.jpg

Pic of him being interviewed after running a marathon recently. Wouldn't have recognised him without the long hair!

Obertan expected to be out of action until March with a torn thigh muscle

BArra wrote: »
    Obertan expected to be out of action until March with a torn thigh muscle

Our season is over....

:pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Our season is over....

:pac:

it was nice while it lasted even if it was just 4 games :p