Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is it now we head onto that little mini horrible run? ...

Hammerings all round for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Spurs, Liverpool, qpr, west ham are the next couple of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

BArra wrote: »
    Spurs, Liverpool, qpr, west ham are the next couple of games

1 point from a possible 12, maximum.

I forgot about man city in the capital one cup :pac:

Just watching QPR vs Pool, Ballotelli having a tough time getting his first goal, it made me think don't worry Mario, you are playing Newcastle soon. Prob hit a hat-trick

Raylor back in the squad for the spurs game, good to see him back after his prolonged injurys. im trying to be positive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Krul; Janmaat, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Sissoko, Anita, Colback; Obertan, Perez, Gouffran.

Gouffran still not dropped.

Perez looks a good player but leading the line away to Spurs? Jesus Christ.

We had a better XI in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fúcking hell. Gouffran.. Again!! Jesus christ.

Perez leading the line by himself presumably. Big ask for the young lad.

Disgraceful team selection with the same tactics no doubt.

Jolly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ayoze to bag a hat-trick. Calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Can anyway recommend a good stream for this one please?? I can't find a good one

• Advertisement

Need a goal? Out of form? Fans turning on you?

No bother son, Newcastle are up next.

Adebayor must have been licking his chops.

here we go again ...

Just when we showed a mild interest in playing football..1-0. I'm out.

Ballotelli is licking his chops more like, pool are up soon and I'm not a betting man but I might just have to , Newcastle have this innate fortune to gift goals to the back of the net challenged players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

hoof ball to a short slight striker, i give up

Ha ha, nice goal actually

• Advertisement

Haha what the ****? :cool:

Jesus :eek:

Pardew is clearly a genius.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was actually a great goal. Well worked.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FOOK IS THIS?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All hail our glorious leader, Alan Pardew.

Wow, what a play. Sissoko, cabella , Perez

Pards will be promoting himself as manager of the year after this!

jasus cabella

Ah jaysus square it lad.

Sissoko has put in a great shift today.

Man that feels good.

We actually played really well in the 2nd half.

I can finally smile when it comes to us for a while.

Taylor has actually helped a lot coming into the defence.

Sissoko was wonderful. His best game for us by a mile.

Nail biting end to the game. Haidara for Perez was a good tactical change to cut out Lennon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Have to admit and hate to say it but Pardew's substitutions won this game. you could argue the point that Sammy and Remy should have started but to be fair I would not have started either in a game like this, they are ideal to come off the bench and make an impact, especially Sammy. Remy is slowly getting to speed with the english game and a few games like this wont do him any harm. Fair play to Pardew, great call and the better manager on the day.

He still should go though, Pardew out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What the hell is this? Is this what you call form we happen to find ourselves in? :pac:

Great win, played decent at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Three points off Man Utd...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Hey lads,

Just got access to the football forum. Long suffering toon fan and have loved reading this forum over the last few months. Some great info on here too.

My only problem is I actually don't know how to feel when Newcastle win anymore. There's no buzz, excitement or hope anymore. Even when we were guilty of stupid unrealistic hope, at least it was something. The heart and soul seems to have been sucked slowly from the club. I don't care who the next manager is as long as he is positive, enthusiastic and wants to get up, fight and have a go. That's all we ask

tastyt wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Just got access to the football forum. Long suffering toon fan and have loved reading this forum over the last few months. Some great info on here too.

My only problem is I actually don't know how to feel when Newcastle win anymore. There's no buzz, excitement or hope anymore. Even when we were guilty of stupid unrealistic hope, at least it was something. The heart and soul seems to have been sucked slowly from the club. I don't care who the next manager is as long as he is positive, enthusiastic and wants to get up, fight and have a go. That's all we ask

Welcome to the forum Tastyt! Always good to see new posters!

Is been a tough few years to be a NUFC fan, only real hope is that someone buys the club. Other than that expect more of the same. Even when we do achieve something you can be damn sure the assets that got us there will be sold! Depressing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hey lads,

Welcome aboard sir. :)

Hey lads,

That's a pretty fair take on how most of us feel.

I did enjoy yesterday though. As bad as the first half was, we at least showed some fight and bottle in the 2nd half.

In other news, Ashley basically has Rangers under his thumb now. May God have mercy on their souls.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's a pretty fair take on how most of us feel.

I did enjoy yesterday though. As bad as the first half was, we at least showed some fight and bottle in the 2nd half.

In other news, Ashley basically has Rangers under his thumb now. May God have mercy on their souls.

Cheers lads,

On the plus side we might get our hands on Kris Boyd or Jonathan Daly now if Wer lucky !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Can Ashley actually own two football clubs? I thought you could only one for the risk of the clubs competing against each other in Europe?

hahaha, us?! in Europe?! :)

The Charlton owner also owns Standard Liege and (I think) a french team ... as long as there is no conflict (taking part in the same competition) there is no issue with this.

I know it seems unlikely, put when Rangers get promoted this season, then the chances of it happening greatly increase considering Rangers will be in Europe every season.

I have a feeling Ashley will be prepared to sell Newcastle in a couple of seasons, as the clubs stock is only going down at the moment and there is very little room for growth considering the clubs lack of ambition to improve.

Rangers on the other hand will find themselves in the top 2 every year and guaranteed European football. In a league that requires little investment to actually have success, that would seem to suit how he likes to run a football club.

Or else, he will just make Rangers sustainable once more (European football, return of Old Firm, improved TV Deals) and just look to sell in a few years having made a tidy profit.

• Advertisement

Money for cl first round is roughly 20 million
    Money for Pl participation 60 + per year
    No TV money in Scotland, less brand visibility

He'll ensure we don't participate in Europe, simple solution

I suppose what Ashley is thinking is that if he spends 20 million at rangers hel probably qualify for the champions league and recoup that cash very fast whereas that 20 million in the premiership can't even guarantee safety.

I suppose what Ashley is thinking is that if he spends 20 million at rangers hel probably qualify for the champions league and recoup that cash very fast whereas that 20 million in the premiership can't even guarantee safety.

Look at the spending and revenues at the club. Money has gone up by 60 million from the TV. Wages are down, we make profit from player trading but yet we are barely profitable. The extra money is going somewhere.

Rangers will only be a side project for Ashley, revenue wise they are in a different league at the moment

Whatever the reason, Ashley clearly sees business potential in acquiring Rangers. As already pointed out by tastyt, he might be dealing with smaller sums, but the profit margin at the end of the season will probably be higher for Rangers considering he won't have to pay as much on wages and European football {this also makes the club more marketable to a larger audience).

I'd be siding with he plans on taking a club in turmoil, stabilise it and in a few years sell, making money on his initial investment in the process. But I wouldn't put anything past Ashley when it comes to business.

Well the fact is Ashley spent less then 800k in acquiring naming rights, merchandising rights and around 9% of the club.

Now, an "emergency loan" of 2m has been offered, on the condition that the CO stands down, giving him free reign to park his tanks on the Ibrox pitch, essentially.

So for minimal investment, he's gotten his hands on a potential gold mine.

Minimal risk in buying Rangers. They'll probably get promoted. He'll back them in the transfer market for a paltry fee and will still cruise to European football.

Big money back from CL revenue. Exposure of Sports Direct branding in Europe.

He's a ruthless business man but fúck me, it's like selling your soul to the devil.

I just hope this is the start of Ashley willing to fúck off and sell up. One can only hope but if he's making a tidy profit with minimum expenditure with us why would he leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi lads.....

Are there any NUFC members on this thread who are not using/buying their allocation for the Liverpool game on Saturday? Myself and the son (8) are going over and my usual sources have let me down. Looking for 1 adult and 1 child ticket, will sit anywhere.

Can any of you help?, PM please if you can.

Many thanks in advance, L91.

It's an Irish forum mate.

Better of trying an actual Newcastle message board.

I know it's an "away day" Twitter handle but no harm in trying out @NUFCAwayDays on Twitter or god forbid @nufcfans

They'll more than likely retweet you but with only a few days to go you might have left it a bit late pal.

Good luck though.

interesting lineup against city!

Looking forward to seeing Aarons in action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement