Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Results from Matchday 1:

Bayern Munich 2-1 Wofsburg
    Hoffenheim 4-1 Werder Bremen
    Borussia M'gladbach 1-1 Nürnburg
    FC Köln 1-3 Kaiserslautern
    Freiburg 1-3 St. Pauli
    Hannover 96 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt
    Hamburger SV 2-1 Schalke
    Mainz 05 2-0 Stuttgart
    Borussia Dortmund 0-2 Bayer Leverkusen

It's crap like this that makes people pre-judge me because I'm a HSV fan.
    4 weeks before the derby match it starts. Glad I'm not going.
    Hoffmann issues HSV apology

HSV chairman Bernd Hoffmann has apologised on behalf of Hamburg football club and has stated that measures will be taken against all involved

Hamburg - The news about the attack on St. Pauli fans and goalkeeper Benedikt Pliquett has been met with outrage and disgust by HSV. The group of fans were returning from the away game in Freiburg along with the goalkeeper when they were attacked on Sunday morning by a group of around 15 mostly masked men as they arrived at the Altona train station. "I would like to apologise in the name of Hamburg Sport Verein for this incident, especially towards those affected. The behaviour of these "supposed" HSV fans is disgraceful and casts a dark shadow over what was a great opening weekend for the club" said chairman Bernd Hoffmann, who had already spoken on the phone to the outraged St. Pauli president Stefan Orth earlier in the morning.

"We are going to use all our powers to ensure these people are punished, there is no room for these kind of people in the Hamburg family" announced Hoffmann, who made it clear that actions would be taken. Sports director Bastian Reinhardt has already been in contact with his opposite number Helmut schulte about the matter. A full report on the incident is expected to be released by the police in the next few days after Hamburg offered their full cooperation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Great goal for Boll in St Pauli's match, was watching the Bundesliga Review on ESPN - just me or did Mainz looks excellent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    It's crap like this that makes people pre-judge me because I'm a HSV fan.
    4 weeks before the derby match it starts. Glad I'm not going.

Oh come you support Hamburg anyway?

Great goal for Boll in St Pauli's match, was watching the Bundesliga Review on ESPN - just me or did Mainz looks excellent?

Stuttgart were terrible tbh. Allagui could have easily had a hattrick in the game.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Oh come you support Hamburg anyway?

Because I lived there.

• Advertisement

Diego having medical with Wolfsburg for €15m move, a year after he joined Juve for €24.5m... he wasn't that bad? Wolfsburg is building a cracking team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Good night for Germany they increased their lead on Italy to 5.265 Co-efficient points in the race for 3rd place (4th Champions League spot).

Current standings:

Germany 57.103
    Italy 51.838

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Apparently the Bundesliga is also catching up with La Liga and is 9 points behind. This would put the Bundesliga as the second highest ranked league in the world. Though to overtake them, German teams would have to have really good runs in the CL and EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Apparently the Bundesliga is also catching up with La Liga and is 9 points behind. This would put the Bundesliga as the second highest ranked league in the world. Though to overtake them, German teams would have to have really good runs in the CL and EL.

Its about 9 points at the moment yes, but after this season Spain will lose 19.000 points from 06/07 and Germany will lose 9.500 from 06/07. Which means if Germany just equal Spain's Performances for this season and next they will go ahead of Spain.

It really makes no difference though as you don't get any extra places for being 2nd.

3rd is by far more important in that sense, and some Italian clubs have already stated that they won't take the Europa league seriously, so I would say that its almost 100% that Germany will have 4 CL spots next season.

Bayern just lost to the newly promoted team Kaiserslauten 2-0. Ivo Ilicevic scored the first goal which was a cracker. This puts Kaiserslauten top of the table (though they have played more matches).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So it's still Bayern's bogey ground then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Watched the kaiserslautern bayern game. Great viewing. No idea how bayern lost 2-0. Hoping köln can get off the mark this weekend.

Great game of football tonight. The first goal from Ilicevic was lovely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1860 v VfL Osnabruck on Sunday :cool:

The glamour tie...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Bayern just lost to the newly promoted team Kaiserslauten 2-0. Ivo Ilicevic scored the first goal which was a cracker. This puts Kaiserslauten top of the table (though they have played more matches).

Some result for Kaiserslauten!

Diego signs for Wolfs, 4 year deal, hoping he doesn't come back to haunt Bremen at any stage, really wish he didn't sign for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Misimovic apparently leaving Wolves for Galatasaray. Shame, think he's better than Diego.

Wolves 3-0 up after 30 minutes. 2 from Dzeko and Diego just scored on his debut.

Dzeko is just an incredible player, think he could easily be playing at the very highest level.

Wolves 3-0 up after 30 minutes. 2 from Dzeko and Diego just scored on his debut.

3-3 in this now. Jesus Shteve, try defending.

Ruud just scored a header to give us a 2-1 lead away to Frankfurt. Hope we can hold it for the last 8 mins!

edit:

4-3 Mainz!!

bahaha

4-3 Mainz :eek:

• Advertisement

McLaren gone by Christmas.

3-1 Hamburg - Paolo Guerrero.

That's that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Some bizzare results so far but fair play to Mainz and Kaiserslautern for putting it up to the big boys, Van Nistelrooy has had a good start to the season aswell and could prove to be a great signing for Hamburg

4-3 Mainz :eek:

Some turn around! Glad Diego's homecoming wasn't all smiles!

Bremen with a comfortable win over Koln who didn't look up to much tbh, might give the Leverkusen game a watch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Currently Leverkusen 6-3 Moenchengladbach

Still 30 mins left!!!!! 3 goals in last 4 1/2 mins.......

Moenchengladbach should have had a player sent off. Gave away a pen and he was last man, but only got a yellow...

6-3 now bloody great game!

Can't believe I've missed it. I had to go shopping :mad::mad::mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Reports that Robben is now out injured until Christmas for Bayern. Terrible news for them.

Some bizarre results and scorelines this weekend.

Todays games were goals galore. Leverkusen losing 6-3 at home and Stuttgart losing at home to Dortmund, three nil at half time in that one!

Was at 1860 today...very good quality for a second division game. Some lovely stuff from the visitors who were the better side after going behind including the equaliser..Gabor Kiraly in goal for 1860...always makes for an entertaining game :D He should've been sent off in the first half after gifting the ball away

Decent second half from the Munchners, but a bad taste in the mouth over the clinching third goal...Osnabruck player down holding his face, play goes on, goal given. Great atmosphere though...about 1,000 away fans from the far north..

http://eurorivals.net/1860-munich:vfl-osnabruck-highlights-goals-video_20100829.html

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Was at 1860 today...very good quality for a second division game. Some lovely stuff from the visitors who were the better side after going behind including the equaliser..Gabor Kiraly in goal for 1860...always makes for an entertaining game :D He should've been sent off in the first half after gifting the ball away

Decent second half from the Munchners, but a bad taste in the mouth over the clinching third goal...Osnabruck player down holding his face, play goes on, goal given. Great atmosphere though...about 1,000 away fans from the far north..

http://eurorivals.net/1860-munich:vfl-osnabruck-highlights-goals-video_20100829.html

Were 1860 away??

No, at home at the Allianz - think the PA was saying they're away to MSV Duisburg next..

Back to the club footy. It's hell waiting for 2/3 months for the season to start and then there's a break after 2 matchdays!

Times CET
    10.09.10 20:30 1899 Hoffenheim v FC Schalke 04

11.09.10 15:30 Borussia Dortmund v VfL Wolfsburg

11.09.10 15:30 Hamburger SV v 1. FC Nürnberg

11.09.10 15:30 Borussia M'gladbach v Eintracht Frankfurt

11.09.10 15:30 SC Freiburg v VfB Stuttgart

11.09.10 15:30 Hannover 96 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen

11.09.10 18:30 FC Bayern München v SV Werder Bremen

12.09.10 15:30 1. FSV Mainz 05 v 1. FC Kaiserslautern

12.09.10 17:30 1. FC Köln v FC St. Pauli

========

An important game for Schalke tonight going up against early leaders Hoffenheim.
    Jurado coming in from Atletico Madrid and Huntelaar, who scored 5 goals in Hollands 2 Euro 2012 Q's, look set to make their debut.
    They really need to get some points on the board in this one but it'll be tough. Hoffenheim looking to make it 3 wins out of 3.
    Some other tasty games being:
    Dortmund v Wolves
    &
    Bayern v Bremen

I'm going with a 2-0 win for Hoffenheim in the main Friday game.

Just a reminder. ESPN and ESPN HD are free this weekend on Sky.

GOAL! Bundesliga Preview Show 3. Spieltag - 7.00pm Fri
    Hoffenheim v Schalke 7.30pm Fri. LIVE
    Bayern v Bremen 9.45pm Sat. DELAYED
    FC Cologne v St. Pauli 5.15pm Sun. LIVE

Are the Bundesliga games/shows you can see while the channel is free.

Who did Camronesi (sp?) sign for again?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who did Camronesi (sp?) sign for again?

Stuttgart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Stuttgart.
    Must ask how have Bremen started the Leagu? And are they very strong at Home?

• Advertisement

Must ask how have Bremen started the Leagu? And are they very strong at Home?

They got hammered 4-1 away at Hoffenheim on the first week. Won 4-1 at home a couple of weeks back.

I reckon they'll be challenging Bayern for the title. Spurs are in a tough group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Good deserved win for Hoffenheim. Schalke losing their first 3 games

FT 2-0

I'm going with a 2-0 win for Hoffenheim in the main Friday game.

They managed it in the end. Schalke are very poor at the back. Fully deserved win for Hoffenheim, probably should have got a few more.

It's going to be very interesting to watch Schalke over the next few weeks. I know there is some trouble off the pitch with the fans. Something about a fans spokesperson being fired for no reason. i forget exactly what it was that I read.

Another loss next week in the Revierdery and the fans are going to go ape s**t.

Weird results in the Bundesliga keep on coming. Mainz beat Werder Bremen to go top of the table. Bayern were held to a goalless draw with Koln. Stuttgart recorded their first win, winning 7-0. Wolfsburg also got their first win of the season beating Hannover 96 2-0.

That Gladbach game was funny viewing. The rest of the games weren't very exciting from what I seen. Good results from a Hamburg POV though.

2 massive derby games tomorrow. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

Poor result for Bremen today, Euro hangover perhaps, couldn't watch it due to lack of a stream for once.

Big day of action tomorrow as Oatesy says, really looking forward to the two games, Dortmund fans boycotting though due to protest at ticket prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The rest of the games weren't very exciting from what I seen.

The Bayern game never stood a chance with the anti football they were facing. Incredibly tedious stuff but they did have their chances.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Bayern game never stood a chance with the anti football they were facing. Incredibly tedious stuff but they did have their chances.

Yep. I turned over and the first thing the commentator mentioned was the fact that Köln had all 11 players behind the ball. This was after about 25 minutes too.

Didn't bother with it after that.

Ugh..

Hurts more than back-to-back exits from the Uefa Cup at the semi finals stage.

So bad, no shots on target at all.

edit: PETRIC YOU BEAUTY!!!

He scores too many screamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Feck, thought St. Pauli would hold out

Schalke look a sorry mess..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kagawa <3

Schalke are horrendous. Magath needs a win soon.

I'm happy with that draw earlier. It was always going to be tough to win @ Pauli when they are playing 10 behind the ball all game.
    Veh needs to start using Elia better, it's fcuking dumb attacking with Pitroipa the headless chicken.

On a brighter note (than Schalke):

Fortuna Dusseldorf 1-2 TSV 1860 Munich

Also a 5-5 draw last week at Karlsruhe...2. Bundesliga - entertainment for all

:cool:

Mainz are incredible...

• Advertisement
Advertisement