Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery for Tag watch

Options
  • 09-05-2021 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

The battery in my tag needs to be replaced every 5+ years and usually take to Keans who change gromits and test pressure at same time but the process can take a few weeks for them to get this done. The battery died a few weeks ago and I have no doubt that when they open in next week or two their repairs will be seriously backlogged and who knows how long the battery replacement will take. My question is what are my alternative options to get a battery (properly) replaced but not have to wait so long without the watch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

DIY

Unless it's a diver and you're seriously concerned over its pressure rating I wouldn't bother with a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

T-Maxx wrote: »
    DIY

Unless it's a diver and you're seriously concerned over its pressure rating I wouldn't bother with a test.

I swim and shower with it on so will that make a difference?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Big difference alright. I'd definitely get it done properly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Some might know of jewelry stores that may be Tag ADs that can do reseal and pressure test with battery replacement, but the vast majority send the watch away for this which is why it takes weeks.

The Fast Fix places that are around in various Dublin shopping centers can do reseal and pressure test while you wait, with a 1 yr guarantee. I don't know if they are open currently but should be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭covey123

T-Maxx wrote: »
    DIY

Speaking of DIY, where is a good place to pick up watch batteries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

maybe try michels (on patrick street) - I assume you are in cork by the keans jewellers reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

covey123 wrote: »

I picked up a lucky dip pack for €2 in my local cash & carry style pound shop over the lockdown. Think they were Varta brand, still ticking away

Thank you all. I just went ahead and booked an appointment at Keanes to drop in later this week. I have had the watch for nearly 20 years and have always replaced the battery correctly so I guess I will not take my changes doing anything different this time. The Fast Fix option looks interesting but they do not have locations outside Dublin.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

covey123 wrote: »

I got some Renata branded ones on eBay recently, some sellers were doing 3 for 2.

Keane's replaced the battery and did the pressure stuff and took a week so faster than usual.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement