Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Observations.

Options
  • 15-04-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was recently reading a thread where a poster was being talked about in great detail, even tho no one had said if they had or hadn't seen the poster in question. Neither was the op asked to post it.
    I posted such a thread last year and it was closed and I was reprimanded for not being able to link the poster at the time even tho it was available location wide within a few days.

There seems to be such a variation in admin/mod approaches to things like this, its confusing.

I was recently taken to task for making a comment in a pm(one of my first) referencing the attitude (an opinion this poster had mentioned constantly in a long and contentious thread, which I feel was deliberately provocative) in the message.

I was taken to task for this by the male mod for this, while I accept that this may not have been the place for such comments, I was not told this ahead of the reprimand and the mod when I spoke to him didn't understand where my attitude was coming from, even tho it was clear to any woman(I cant speak for the men reading) this was an unacceptable attitude in these times.

I mention this as its also confusing for posters and would seem there needs to be clearer guidelines to admin/mods as to what is and is not acceptable in either or both of these situations. those of us who are not involved in such matters cant know these things ahead of posting and so seems unfair to be dealt with harshly and sometimes in public because of this. I mention these as it seems more clarity is needed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for taking the time to post. Your post is very vague and I am finding it hard to understand what is concerning you. Can you please share some examples?

(If you are concerned about privacy, please feel free to share with me via PM).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to post. Your post is very vague and I am finding it hard to understand what is concerning you. Can you please share some examples?

(If you are concerned about privacy, please feel free to share with me via PM).
    It was only yesterday I found that these messages were not private, there should be a sticky at the top of the tread to let ppl know their queries and observations are open to other members to read and respond to.

The rest were just examples of inconsistently I have seen and experienced in admin/mod'ing of threads that I have been involved in. An inconstancy that could be seen as bias(whether known or not). Just feedback as I saw the tab, not something I particularly want to get into in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bredabe wrote: »
    It was only yesterday I found that these messages were not private, there should be a sticky at the top of the tread to let ppl know their queries and observations are open to other members to read and respond to.

Feedback is a public discussion forum. You will note that you can see all the threads started by other users. If you want to discuss something privately, please reach out via PM.
    Bredabe wrote:
    The rest were just examples of inconsistently I have seen and experienced in admin/mod'ing of threads that I have been involved in. An inconstancy that could be seen as bias(whether known or not). Just feedback as I saw the tab, not something I particularly want to get into in again.

Without examples, I can't do anything. I don't know which forums/threads to go investigate or review. If you do want to share, feel free to PM me or another member of the Admin team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dudara wrote: »
    Feedback is a public discussion forum. You will note that you can see all the threads started by other users. If you want to discuss something privately, please reach out via PM.

Without examples, I can't do anything. I don't know which forums/threads to go investigate or review. If you do want to share, feel free to PM me or another member of the Admin team.

I wasn't aware of that as I was going by the tabs I could see when I asked for direction on something else, so I only saw the box I was typing in, that is why I mentioned that this is made more obvious when ppl are posting.

As for the rest, I have given as much detail as I can, you say you dont understand what I am saying, an impassable logjam. Its too upsetting to go into it all again, but it seems to me that mod's need to be given or employ a consistent standard in their threads. I've seen identical threads with I assume different mods, that were moderated very differently.

Advertisement