Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

On the off chance of calls today, would greatly appreciate if people could post up here. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Did anyone else get there PCA date yesterday for 1710?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sades89

Hello. Just joined the group here and have already got a great deal of information so thank you. My husband has had the results of all the PSNI managed stages passing all successfully.

He is around 790 in the MP.

I basically wanted to ask if anyone knows if everyone who has passed the PSNI stages will be invited to one of the training courses? As we are now coming to the end of the financial year and 404 people have already been appointed I’m quite concerned that they will just cut it off and not offer to anyone else.

My husband called HR the other day and said the woman on the other end of the phone didn’t sound hopeful as she stated that no one is “guaranteed anything”

Does anyone else have any further information on how likely it is they will offer the course to everyone who passes the PSNI managed stages?

It has been torture waiting around at every stage, it will be gutting if he gets turned away now after passing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

sades89 wrote: »
    Hello. Just joined the group here and have already got a great deal of information so thank you. My husband has had the results of all the PSNI managed stages passing all successfully.

He is around 790 in the MP.

I basically wanted to ask if anyone knows if everyone who has passed the PSNI stages will be invited to one of the training courses? As we are now coming to the end of the financial year and 404 people have already been appointed I’m quite concerned that they will just cut it off and not offer to anyone else.

My husband called HR the other day and said the woman on the other end of the phone didn’t sound hopeful as she stated that no one is “guaranteed anything”

Does anyone else have any further information on how likely it is they will offer the course to everyone who passes the PSNI managed stages?

It has been torture waiting around at every stage, it will be gutting if he gets turned away now after passing everything.

They updated us saying they intend courses april, May and June so far if I recall. So it’s a waiting game and recruitment won’t give much away to be honest.

Feel for us who are 290 places ahead of him basically with our position on the ML already past and can’t get our vetting back for some unknown reason!

Tell him to be patient it’s basically what recruitment told me

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sades89

Gymshark wrote: »
    They updated us saying they intend courses april, May and June so far if I recall. So it’s a waiting game and recruitment won’t give much away to be honest.

Feel for us who are 290 places ahead of him basically with our position on the ML already past and can’t get our vetting back for some unknown reason!

Tell him to be patient it’s basically what recruitment told me

Oh goodness that must be massively frustrating I’m so sorry! I just hope they get through everyone as it has been a gruelling process.

All the best

• Advertisement

So, if calls go out Monday, it looks like I’m going to miss a second intake due to my vetting not being back. Genuinely have no reason as to why it wouldn’t be back. I don’t have as much a penalty point. Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

Gymshark wrote: »
    So, if calls go out Monday, it looks like I’m going to miss a second intake due to my vetting not being back. Genuinely have no reason as to why it wouldn’t be back. I don’t have as much a penalty point. Very frustrating!

I hope you get good news soon and to everyone who is waiting. It has been a massive long wait. I have struggled with waiting too, think everyone has. It is hard, it’s difficult. It feels like another stage of the recruitment process, that we need to pass. However, it will be all worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Peelers wrote: »
    I hope you get good news soon and to everyone who is waiting. It has been a massive long wait. I have struggled with waiting too, think everyone has. It is hard, it’s difficult. It feels like another stage of the recruitment process, that we need to pass. However, it will be all worth it in the end.

The waiting is all part of to see how much you want it..hang in there everyone

If anyone gets a call today, could they put up a rough merit list position please :-)

Yea so I can go cry in a corner haha. Good luck to all those who are waiting on a call. And to those who get it. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

I know that it had been stated the training programmes are April, May and June but what month would this weeks calls be for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Vicmc

I know that it had been stated the training programmes are April, May and June but what month would this weeks calls be for?

Think this is the call for the May intake

Vicmc wrote: »
    Think this is the call for the May intake

It would be yes.

No calls today, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HalloweenQueen

Not looking likely. Was waiting for one myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosesandlemons

How many get called each time? I know classes are 50 people in each but with people who failed psni managed stages and drop outs and those below us who haven't received vetting back (unfortunately!! Hopefully it comes soon) has anybody an idea of an average amount of ML positions each call group moves up? Like I'm approx 100 from the last call wondering if there's any chance I will be called this time? Very long winded, confusing question I know, and response very welcome and appreciated!! Thanks guys and best of luck to everyone awaiting a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunafish123

Not looking likely. Was waiting for one myself :(

Hi, Are you Appointable as in vetting cleared etc? If so you will probably be one of the first rang

Hi, Are you Appointable as in vetting cleared etc? If so you will probably be one of the first rang

Yes my vetting is cleared and merit position 530-540. Narrowly missed out last time as my vetting wasn’t back so was hoping to be one of the first few rang this time.

Yes my vetting is cleared and merit position 530-540. Narrowly missed out last time as my vetting wasn’t back so was hoping to be one of the first few rang this time.

Brilliant, hopefully calls are this week. Expecting a call myself and was hoping theyd start today. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

What merit position is everyone? And up to what position would be expected to be reached in this load of calls?

• Advertisement

What merit position is everyone? And up to what position would be expected to be reached in this load of calls?

Im 600-640. Not sure where they’ll ring to tbh.

Fingers and toes crossed, for calls to start tomorrow. Recruitment are probably having a laugh looking at these forums.

It will probably be Wednesday, after me saying the above lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

Fingers and toes crossed, for calls to start tomorrow. Recruitment are probably having a laugh looking at these forms.

It will probably be Wednesday, after me saying the above lol

It's mental torture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Hi,

I am waiting to hear how 2018 AC went. Just curious since there seem to be many in the 2017 intake still waiting on the call up. Is it a good year or so after your AC that you get to that stage or what sort of time frame are we looking at? (presuming it went well)

Thanks!

Troaway wrote: »
    Hi,

I am waiting to hear how 2018 AC went. Just curious since there seem to be many in the 2017 intake still waiting on the call up. Is it a good year or so after your AC that you get to that stage or what sort of time frame are we looking at? (presuming it went well)

Thanks!

It depends on your Merit List position. I have been waiting 18 months so far.

If anyone gets the call today could they post please so we know they’re happening? I’ll do the same. Good luck :)

It depends on your Merit List position. I have been waiting 18 months so far.

Ah right, and you did in your AC alone determines this position? I take it 1 is best and it goes down from there? So in theory could people on the 2016 intake or the one before you still be waiting also?

Cheers

Troaway wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Since applying it's taking about a year and a half for me to get here, but depending on how well you score in your AC will mean how fast you progress. Some people got in with just over a year, others sooner

Good luck! X

Since applying it's taking about a year and a half for me to get here, but depending on how well you score in your AC will mean how fast you progress. Some people got in with just over a year, others sooner

Good luck! X

Hi Vic,

Ok good to know thanks. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the job

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea from past calls what time they roughly start at?

Does anyone have any idea from past calls what time they roughly start at?

Previously they seemed to ring the back log in the morning, so people who were missed due to vetting not being back etc. How early I’m not sure though.

Got the call!!! Cant wait sitting at 560- 590ML

Got the call!!! Cant wait sitting at 565 ML

Brilliant news. Well done and congratulations :-)

Got the call! ML 620-640. Buzzing!

Got the call! ML 620-640. Buzzing!

Amazing! Well done. I am not too far away from that. Praying for a call today

• Advertisement

Just got the call guys. ML 530-540 for anyone who wasn't aware. Good luck to all others waiting on calls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Congratulations for all those who got the call, I’m sat around 750 and can’t wait if they decide to push on that far :)

Congratulations to those who have received the call. the wait continues for the rest of us. Vetting is an absolute disgrace if you ask me how long it takes.

Any more calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

Got the call 660 - 670

• Advertisement

Are there only one day of calls?

Njim91 wrote: »
    Are there only one day of calls?

Usually at least two

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

Hey folks, what’s the telephone number to contact recruitment? Cheers

VickyDoc wrote: »
    Hey folks, what’s the telephone number to contact recruitment? Cheers

101 and ask for recruitment I think?

Yeah, this is correct, they’re usually open 8am-4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

Thanks, however I’m on the mainland. :)

VickyDoc wrote: »
    Thanks, however I’m on the mainland. :)

I’ll pm you the direct number

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosesandlemons

So I know they got from about 600-670 yesterday. What's the chances of them doing a second day of calls and getting into the 700's today?

So I know they got from about 600-670 yesterday. What's the chances of them doing a second day of calls and getting into the 700's today?

I didn't expect that jump at all. I'm early to mid 700s so if that's the case then happy days. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluesnntwos

Are calls going out for the May intake?

• Advertisement
Advertisement