Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wax recommendation

Options
  • 23-03-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Looking for something that is easy enough to apply yet still has staying power. Was thinking Meguires Ultimate? Happy to buy from Halfrauds. Any recommendations?

Car is metallic Beige.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Autoglym would be my recommendation.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

I use bilt hamber jydra wax very easy to apply and great affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gtechniq C2V3. Spray on, buff off makes for a very easy application and when topped with Gtechniq Qquick Detailer gives a shine to blind. The C2V3 also states 8 months longevity but by using QD after each wash will last longer.

Both products are all I use these days as I don't have the time or patience to be applying waxes, waiting for them to haze then having to buff them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What about Autoglym extra gloss protection? I thought it was pretty good..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

TopTec wrote: »
    Autoglym would be my recommendation.

TT

I'd pick farecla supergloss wax over autoglym

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tried Jayswax ceramic wax recently
    Simple to apply and buff.
    Fantastic gloss and durability is apparently as good as soft99 Fusso.
    Well worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

845 wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

SOFT99 Fusso. Just got some last week and it's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

OP I was going to say Collinite 845 as that was my wax of choice before but since I've switched over to the likes of CarPro Reload and Gtechniq C2V3. As MM says, they are much easier and quicker to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

ianobrien wrote: »
    OP I was going to say Collinite 845 as that was my wax of choice before but since I've switched over to the likes of CarPro Reload and Gtechniq C2V3. As MM says, they are much easier and quicker to apply.

Have the Collinate and while it is very good and long lasting, just found it hard work. The two you mention will be added to the wish list, as will the Fusso.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Duff wrote: »
    SOFT99 Fusso. Just got some last week and it's incredible.

I've been hearing about this for a while and I see that Mick's Garage have just started to stock it, so it's hit the mainstream.

Does it live up to the hype? I don't mind spending a few hours going over my car if it lasts. Any particular technique for applying it so it lasts? Can it be applied over existing waxes and sealants?

Pops_20 wrote: »
    I've been hearing about this for a while and I see that Mick's Garage have just started to stock it, so it's hit the mainstream.

Does it live up to the hype? I don't mind spending a few hours going over my car if it lasts. Any particular technique for applying it so it lasts? Can it be applied over existing waxes and sealants?

I looked at Micks garage last night and their soft99 range is limited,
    I reckon Autopia is supplying them.
    Autopia has a bigger selection of their products.

Anyhow, back on topic

Does it live up to the hype? > Absolutely, It must be the best bang for buck product out there.

As for technique?
    It works best on bare paint,
    So I would suggest a full prep first to ensure a really good base.
    That done,
    I normally have a small bowl of water with me when applying it to keep the applicator damp.

My method is:
    Apply to drivers wing > Bonnet > Passenger wing.
    Apply as lightly as possible.
    Then buff off in same order
    Then roof and boot/tailgate > Buff

2 doors one side and rear quarter panel > Buff
    Repeat other side

Then all extra parts. > Bumpers>sills etc.

At least 6 hours later , Or as I do, next day. > Light wash > dry > repeat with second coat.. This should cover you for in excess of 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fusso is excellent value for money. I normally go with Fusso coat then King of Gloss on top of that

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Fusso is excellent value for money. I normally go with Fusso coat then King of Gloss on top of that

Was thinking of getting a tin of authentic for over the Fusso.
    Autopia has a 15% off this weekend.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I bought a kit from Autopia Fusso, KOG, a microfibre cloth and a spray wax detailer and a bottle of tyre gloss.
    The Fusso is pretty durable stuff and using the KOG over it gives a very good result.
    Don't apply it heavily it will set into ridges which are very hard to remove...

Advertisement