Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carplan Demon Shine alternative

• 01-03-2019 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been using Car Plan Demon Shine on my wifes car for the last year with good results. My question is, has anyone used Reflect Autocare Cold Wax as an alternative? I know the results with this product are only temporary and also offer little or no long term protection but I find it so handy.
    I assume this product would be the type used in the waterless wash companies you find in supermarket carparks ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Good alternatives would be Gtechniq C2V3, Gtechniq QD, CarPro Hyro2 Lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Turtle Wax "Wax it Wet" is a great product, better results and longer lasting than Demon Shine but just as quick and easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Turtle Wax "Wax it Wet" is a great product, better results and longer lasting than Demon Shine but just as quick and easy to use.

I used use that all the time. Great stuff until a small clump of wax would spray out and streak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭choo choo man

Thanks for the reply lads, I will look into the Gtechniq and Turtle wax products. I tried Hydro O2 last year using the rinse off method and had issues removing water marks from the glass on the car. In fairness, it was probably my fault as I did not rinse in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I used use that all the time. Great stuff until a small clump of wax would spray out and streak :D

Been there! I really think it is one of the best products out there, in between proper detailing it gives such good results while being so easy to use. Cheap too.

Was in a Homebase closing down sale a while back, they had them for €2 each, left with all 15 bottles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

try autoglym polar seal, seems to be getting great reviews on uk detailing sites

Advertisement