Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do insurance companies find out about points on licence?

Options
  • 25-03-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

how do insurance companies find out about points on licence?

"asking for a friend"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Mostly you tell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

epicmoe wrote: »
    how do insurance companies find out about points on licence?

"asking for a friend"

You tell them.

Or you lie to get a cheaper insurance premium.

However if you crash after giving the wrong points number than they will say your insurance is invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Quinn used to have access to the database, I assume Liberty do now. Possibly others.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Get Real

They have access to the database but most likely, will take your word for it. At least when it comes to payment of your premium.

If something were to happen then and you were to have an accident, they could refuse to pay out after accessing the data base. Basically it's a win win for them. Happy to take your money, but if they find out you were lying to them, they won't pay out (nor should they have to imo)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/motor-insurance-firms-given-access-to-penalty-points-database-1.2727474%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

They definitely have access to a database. I told them about my points and they were able to tell me when they were given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement