Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba laptop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

it will be fine for surfing the web / itunes / office documents, etc. But hasn't got that much under the cover with only 2gb of ram and an ok CPU.

Not a bad price, but it depends on what you want to use the laptop for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

That's not a great deal OP as you can get a much better spec'd version of that laptop from Argos for €419.99. It comes with an Intel Core i3-380M CPU and a 320 GB hard drive, as opposed to the Intel Celeron 900 CPU and 250 GB hard drive that comes with the one in your link.

Additionaly, the Argos laptop is discussed in a thread here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yep, absolutely not a bargain OP. That particular chip has been replaced by the 925 but thats completely besides the point. Its single core, and at this day and age, no one should be buying a full power laptop with a single-core processor(The chip in the argos version would be literally over 100% faster than that celeron 900 chip). You can get phones with dual core chips at this stage, loike :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

Thanks lads.

Just placed my order. I'm off to collect it now.

Murt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

did you take peoples advice and order a different one?

or did you get this anyway?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭HHH

Since he said he was off to collect it i'd say he got the one in Argos as pixmania would deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Rsaeire wrote: »
    That's not a great deal OP as you can get a much better spec'd version of that laptop from Argos for €419.99. It comes with an Intel Core i3-380M CPU and a 320 GB hard drive, as opposed to the Intel Celeron 900 CPU and 250 GB hard drive that comes with the one in your link.

Additionaly, the Argos laptop is discussed in a thread here.
    Thanks so much for that recommendation. I've been looking around for a Toshiba laptop for a few weeks, so this one fits the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I won't be using Argos to buy a laptop again:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056157719

For those too lazy to read the link. It took the initiation of legal proceedings to get a refund for a laptop bought from Argos that died after only 15 months :mad:

I'd pay a little extra now tbh to deal with people that have a much better customer support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

Korvanica wrote: »
    did you take peoples advice and order a different one?

or did you get this anyway?:rolleyes:

I bought the one in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

• Advertisement

Argos one os a much better deal, that dabs.ie one only has a pentium T4500. The i3 m380 in the argos one would be considerably quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

If your looking for a cheap laptop, Dell have an Inspiron 15 for €349 delivered this week.

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Dell-Laptops/inspiron-15-intel-n5010/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15-intel-n5010&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&ref=lthp

Its been said many a time here but in the long run, that 70€ extra that would get the argos toshiba is absolutely worth it, the processor in that 350€ dell is just plain ****e in this day in age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

That Dell may be cheap, but it's price is about right for what you get

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_G560_1006553.html

This is just the first thing I've clicked on, but it's a far better deal for about the same price as that dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

For those too lazy to read the link. It took the initiation of legal proceedings to get a refund for a laptop bought from Argos that died after only 15 months :mad:

I'd pay a little extra now tbh to deal with people that have a much better customer support.

I got an 18 month old faulty lcd tv replaced with a brand new one from Argos with absolutely no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I got an 18 month old faulty lcd tv replaced with a brand new one from Argos with absolutely no problems.

Yep. The warranties they provide vary in length. Mine was only one year, probably why it was such good value at the time.

That was the reason they gave initially for not repairing/refunding which was BS but at least I found out what my rights were and got there in the end.

They leave their front line staff in ignorance of what their true obligations are to the consumer. I know they're not the only company to do this but I'm just letting people here know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Yep.

They leave their front line staff in ignorance of what their true obligations are to the consumer. I know they're not the only company to do this but I'm just letting people here know.

The same could be said of almost any supplier, whether it's goods or services, it's up to consumers to acquaint themselves of their rights. I can never understand the reluctance of people, after having spent hard earned cash, to take suppliers to task over shoddy service. Screw them, you've kept your side of the bargain by paying for the stuff, now make them keep theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

I would not blame Argos for this Toshiba customer service will not take any laptop after 12 months you can argue law and rights all you want you want they just don't care .

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

no hdmi on that tosh. complete dealbreaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

sher55 wrote: »
    I would not blame Argos for this Toshiba customer service will not take any laptop after 12 months you can argue law and rights all you want you want they just don't care .

That Toshiba laptop came with 2 years warranty. After registration you will get 2 yr protection from toshiba. Just register on toshiba website after purchase.

• Advertisement
Advertisement