Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

503 error when searching

Options
  • 26-05-2020 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When I try to search for anything on the site it is throwing a 503 error ("Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage").

This is happening if I search from the search bar on the top of the screen as well as if I go into a specific forum and 'Search this forum' (both basic and advanced searches)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

search has always been a bit archaic.

use google, imo, and add the term site:boards.ie

unfortunately you can't narrow this on a per forum basis, because the forum URLs aren't parents of the thread URLs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It seems to be back working today

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Apologies, I missed this during the week but glad to see that it is back working for you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Broken again now, all searches are resulting in a 503.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"Find more posts by [username]" = 503 error.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the disruption, but as you are encountering, both search and finding posts by a user (including yourself) is resulting in a 503 error.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Hi Mark....that last post of yours doesn't really make sense...I suspect there's a typo there somewhere...
    The 503 error is still occurring while using the search function.

Hi exaisie, I thibnk Mark was just confirming that using search user' and 'Find all posts by user' (a different type of search) are both resulting in 503 errors which we are aware of. When we have a fix for it, we will post here. Thanks for your patience.

This issue should be fixed now, thanks for your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

This issue should be fixed now, thanks for your patience.

I can confirm that it is not, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

search is down again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This problem is back for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Looks to be broken again, search returns 503 error for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I am getting the 503 error for all searches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

503 issue is back again when searching im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Either I'm still getting this or it is happening again

Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the disruption, everyone, but this issue seems to have cropped up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

503 all morning when trying to log in via Chrome on desktop site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

When i go into" find all my post" i get 503 error , i can get into every else, only happens with find all my posts.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi SCOOP 64,

I've merged your thread with this other thread to keep everything in one place. There have been some technical issues today, which has resulted in 503 errors when searching (and this tends to include looking for your own and other users' posts). The exception to this seems to be when you try to view all of the posts of yours that people have thanked. These issues have also impacted login, though this seems to be more erratic.

Sorry for the disruption and inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

How exactly does one fix such issues?
    Must be a coders nightmare.
    Genius hamster memorizes massive codes, stares at screen filled with random digits... in search of that one hidden character, the one what has gone rogue wreaking havoc with the other rule-keeping digits :pac: dayum messer that character.

image.jpg?w=448&c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

still happening for me today.

Boards.ie Employee

Deja Boo wrote: »
    How exactly does one fix such issues?
    Must be a coders nightmare.
    Genius hamster memorizes massive codes, stares at screen filled with random digits... in search of that one hidden character, the one what has gone rogue wreaking havoc with the other rule-keeping digits :pac: dayum messer that character.

I imagine it's the Where's Wally ultimate boss. Now...where is that semi-colon missing from?
    still happening for me today.

Sorry, this seems to be an ongoing issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I imagine it's the Where's Wally ultimate boss. Now...where is that semi-colon missing from?

Sorry, this seems to be an ongoing issue.

Just logged out on desktop and cannot log in :( on phone now.

So beware of being shut out.

Boards.ie Employee

The login issue wasn't as persistent as the search issue yesterday, so it may be worth trying again on occasion. Sorry for the hassle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The login issue wasn't as persistent as the search issue yesterday, so it may be worth trying again on occasion. Sorry for the hassle though.

Hassle? More than that. Still can't login, and it's clear that boards is not that busy trying to fix something that isn't going to fix itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can't login here either on my phone, is there any alternative link to log in with please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭political analyst

I have the same problem - when I press the link to my posts on my boards.ie profile I get, "503 - Unfortunately the backend could not fulfill this request". How is this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Getting a 503 Error when trying to log in from two different PCs, using IE and Chrome. Issue ongoing since yesterday morning. Can log in on Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Haven't been able to log in on desktop for three days. Come on, this is farcical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement