Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Classic €29.99 @ Smyths Instore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Currently out of stock in most stores except:

Childers Road
    Claremorris
    Kinsale Road
    Maylor St
    Sligo
    Tralee
    Waterford (1 left)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Gamestop are doing the same offer if you can't find stock in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

this really is not a great bit of kit, before people rush to get one. poor emulation i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

People aren't buying it for the built in games.

Look up bleemsync, autobleem and retroarch on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bought this in Argos a few weeks back. Very disappointing.

Cex will trade one in for a €30 voucher btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bought this in Argos a few weeks back. Very disappointing.

Cex will trade one in for a €30 voucher btw.

Why are you so disappointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bromley52 wrote: »
    Why are you so disappointed?

Mainly the selection of games. I got the Nintendo Classic last year and it was pure nostalgia. The PlayStation just didn’t hold up as well as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Mainly the selection of games. I got the Nintendo Classic last year and it was pure nostalgia. The PlayStation just didn’t hold up as well as that.

Any interest in hacking it? You can add more games and improve the emulation..

Check out post 5. I have sonic the hedgehog and super Mario Cart on mine as well as many many more. Sonic the hedgehog brought back so many memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Sony knew themselves this might not sell so well. A lot of the marketing was geared towards women.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Sony knew themselves this might not sell so well. A lot of the marketing was geared towards women.

I honestly didn't see any marketing for this whatsoever.

As for this current bargain- it should be marked 'expired' as its out of stock everywhere- and not expected to be restocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Alot of gamestop stores still have this in stock and still available to order online

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Ordered one lasy wednesday in Gamestop for €29.99 inc postage and it got delivered on friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

johnf26 wrote: »
    Alot of gamestop stores still have this in stock and still available to order online

Probably because it's been a big flop from the start and alot of people wouldn't even give 30 quid for it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It was pretty poor @ €99, the original price.

At €30 it's a great bargain and a decent device.

Gamestop gone back up to €60.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Damn just missed it

It was a deal for days of Play (7th - 17th) however I would not be surprised if there's another similar discount in the future, just to finally get rid of existing stocks. Nobody is going to buy units at €60 ever again.

Advertisement