Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

daheff wrote: »

Everybody ups their game against the champions. Add to this that there were no fans in Anfield roaring us on, a couple of these teams played without fear and caught us out.

Fans back at home, less condensed season, a few new faces and we'll be a better team next season.

And Fabinho has to play midfield and not CB....no matter what.

We still have to play WBA and Burnley again, already dropped 5 points to them.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm so glad I'm a half full guy.

I'm so glad I'm a half full guy.

What happened the other half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Leicester strong favourites in market, it's like a betting coup, people in the know know something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Leicester strong favourites in market, it's like a betting coup, people in the know know something.

Ole actively mentioned a few kids names that he’s gonna give time to tonight.

Think Utd still have a chance though, if they play the stronger players that didn’t play Sunday - Van de Beek, Matic, and Cavani especially. You’ve always got a shot if you have Cavani up front.

If he doesn’t start Cavani though, it really feels borderline like taking a dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That team is alot weaker than my worst fear I have to say

noodler wrote: »

No Cavani :(

Only played 25 minutes the other night, so that's a fairly shocking decision.

The team would suddenly look a lot more threatening if he was in for Anthony Elanga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    No Cavani :(

Only played 25 minutes the other night, so that's a fairly shocking decision.

The team would suddenly look a lot more threatening if he was in for Anthony Elanga.

Elgana is on the wing with Greenwood up front I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Surprised at the lineup given it's their best chance of the title in nearly a decade. Even if catching City is highly improbable.

Leicester should win this game with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Again I was very surprised (maybe I shouldn’t be) that Liverpool didn’t object to how the United game was rescheduled last week. Was plainly obvious what would happen and it hands Leicester a significant advantage in playing practically a reserve side.

• Advertisement

Elgana is on the wing with Greenwood up front I believe.

The difference in impact is so vast that you just shuffle things to make that change. Greenwood has played from wider plenty of times. Cavani, as someone who only played 25 mins on Sunday, absolutely had to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

noodler wrote: »

Still cost about 200m

Game is looking a fix, hope City now lose their last 3 games but still win the league, while United kick themselves for throwing a game that could have won them the league had the won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Game is looking a fix, hope City now lose their last 3 games but still win the league, while United kick themselves for throwing a game that could have won them the league had the won it.

It's not United's fault. They have been left with no choice but to rotate and we would have done the exact same thing if roles were reversed. This lies firmly at the door of the Premier league. How can they talk about integrity of competition after scheduling games like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's not United's fault. They have been left with no choice but to rotate and we would have done the exact same thing if roles were reversed. This lies firmly at the door of the Premier league. How can they talk about integrity of competition after scheduling games like this

I think we'd have gone weak vs Villa and stronger vs the teams with something to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Horrible f*cks but I suppose if we were in their position be doing the same thing. Their fans might throw another wobbler Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Its their fans doing actually of course its their fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's not the PLs fault either. It's the United fans who got the orginal game postponed that caused this.

For all we know the PL asked West Brom to swap the Sunday game with United and they refused because they wanted the full week between games to help them survive relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I hope Leicester make a show of them.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I hope Leicester make a show of them.

They will.

• Advertisement

If this was a CL Semi they'd be full strength, this is their 2nd game in 16 days, and people need a rest... this borders on throwing a game.

If we don't make top 4, it's got nothing to do with United's team selection tonight, we've had plenty of opportunities in the last few months to get the points needed for top 4, but, we haven't been good enough. There's no reason we can't beat United ourselves on Thursday, unless of course we're not good enough, which is the real reason everyone is pissed off, because we simply haven't been good enough since Christmas.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    If we don't make top 4, it's got nothing to do with United's team selection tonight, we've had plenty of opportunities in the last few months to get the points needed for top 4, but, we haven't been good enough. There's no reason we can't beat United ourselves on Thursday, unless of course we're not good enough, which is the real reason everyone is pissed off, because we simply haven't been good enough since Christmas.

:confused:

Nobody said otherwise but thanks for pointing out the very obvious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Girly Gal wrote: »

Yeah you keep saying that over and over and over, alright.

Like I think people know this already but it's not the point in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If Leicester win it makes it tougher for us to get top 4.

But you never want UTD to win..... this is a real conundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

If the games were reversed and Utd were playing us tonight and Leicester on Thursday, would they have put out the same team as tonight?

I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great chance there for Rashers....

Donny hasn’t shown much again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seaba wrote: »
    If the games were reversed and Utd were playing us tonight and Leicester on Thursday, would they have put out the same team as tonight?

I seriously doubt it.

If it was the other way around, I would want us to **** over United like this too.

It's hilariously petty and I actually admire it.

That being said, could they not just get a scabby peno like they normally do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

City deservedly Champs....ye will never know how costly it was not to sign a top CB at Christmas to replace Van Dijk....
    As a Utd fan I look forward to a cracking game on Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Conditioned to failure they are.

Advertisement