Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Wait for the “I’m proud of the boys, we played well but sometimes things go against you”, if (when) we lose this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well that was mental. If they kept their head in front of goal it would have been 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

He's been one of our better players imo. DDG clearly mom so far which is worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Pipmae

What a flammable Tweet from the official Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1443301406199402502

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Villarreal's back 8 have had a fantastic first half.

It's much the same as the Europa league final, Villarreal sitting back with ten men behind the ball and incapable of taking any of the chances falling to them.

Solksjaer is clueless, he's set us up to suit the opposition yet again and some of the chances they've had have been so wide open that they will eventually score if we continue to play like this in the second half.

Dalot should have been offloaded and we should have paid the extra 50p athletico wanted for Trippier.

Glazers Out!

I'm not actually in anyway surprised in the performance. It just baffles me how it won't come into question. Nobody at the club to challenge Ole who is cushioned with protection from his backroom staff.

Gonna be a long season...again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

All that talent on the pitch and that's the best that can be served up.

Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwood, Pogba all playing and not a clue how to get the best out of them.

It's Villarreal. At home. In the Champions League.

Emery has a gameplan, Ole doesn't and it shows massively.

Horrible half and not just the anomaly, this is the standard and it can't be defended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Quags

I enjoyed that half, listen we know what we going to get with Ole. He isn't going to have some plan cause he hasn't had one apart from counter attack football so just enjoy the highs and lows cause unless we dont get CL football he is staying with us beyond next season. Glazers dont care for trophies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Worse performance than Villa. All that attacking talent and we're thumping long balls up front.

Our midfield is non existent. I don't understand what we're doing playing McTominay as a number 6.

I can see Ole bringing on Fred for Sancho (who's been one of our better players) , shut up shop and create f*ck all, then he'll bring on Cavani in the last 5-10 mins in hopes to grab a last min winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Huge problems here for utd

Hurts me to say it but Greenwood's attitude is shocking atm. He is putting in very little work rate at the back and against Villa he was very selfish, shooting when he should have passed it. It looks like the hype may have gone to his head.

He made a half hearted lunge at a Villarreal player on the edge of their box and the player just breezed passed him, this lead to a direct chance and DDG had to make his best save, Pogba was about level with Greenwood when he made the challenge and when VR countered and the camera panned to our half Greenwood was nowhere to be seen but Pogba had to track back the entire length. Shockingly lazy from GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The problems are so obvious that even Michael Owen is able to analyse them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's dreadful stuff. Let's see if there a big improvement in the 2nd half.

Not a fan of Greenwood’s attitude either. It’s hard to warm to him (for me at least) - the Villa game was very frustrating yep.

• Advertisement

United may well go on to win but it will just be papering over the cracks. Emery is a very capable coach making him look like a fool, he is competing with pep, Klopp and Tuchel who quite frankly in a league of their own!

The board need to make the call and get rid, tired of repeating myself but no other club in the premier league would consider him, once Ole is done with us he will do well to get a job outside of Norway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Xander10

Bruno appears to be given the team pep talk in the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

If I see Pogba come out for second half I will be pissed off…..don’t like when he is back to this crack of having different hairstyles for every matches…..he is the Aidan O’ Shea of Soccer….it’s all about him.

Ambling around in first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

All this waving and thumbs up from Ole as he walks to the bench. It's as if he is overwhelmed by the job he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What do you think happens at training?

At this point I would genuinely love to know.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭maximus15

you could have the lead singers of the 5 best bands in the world waiting in the bus to get to venue to perform but they are not worth a sh*** if (a) there is no driver and (b) there is no engine. We need a central midfielder and a new manager .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Embarrassing. Only for De Gea the game would be long over. I see fernandes organising the players in the tunnel. I would say there wasn't much organisation by the manager. He's totally in over his head.

Greenwood is probably being told to do what he wants tbh, and if ole can't control a 19 year old he might as well give up the whole management gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Xander10

at least he is ambling, Ronaldo is stationary, waiting for the ball to land at his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yep, worse then Villa. I’ve money on United not winning and Villarreal keeping clean sheet, looks like handy money unless the second half changes dramatically and Oles not managed changing games well to date.

It’s not 0-0 really, United completely outplayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,492 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Seriously considering just turning this off.

I've been finding it increasingly difficult to convince myself that it'll come good for Ole and tbh there is just no trust or faith left any more.

But Carrick and Phelan are worse. WTF do they do all week? Seriously. Our players don't look like they are coached. Nobody is telling Ole what subs to make etc. Last thing an inexperienced manager needs beside him is yes-men.

We now have a very good squad - but we don't have a good team. Sometimes we don't look like a team at all - just eleven players doing their own thing and hoping for the best. It's nowhere near good enough. If Tuchel was manager we'd be in serious contention for both PL and CL.

Scrap the cap!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bruno is all heart though, so I don't know what good he'd be even doing beyond getting them worked up.

He's already started whinging at the ref for the ref pulling him for a blatant foul.

As the captain I want him to be the one to lead and fight their side, but it's like the class bully pushing someone and trying to claim they started it at times

Looking forward to seeing Cavani on at left back soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Pipmae

If I hear the '36 year old' in commentary again 🙄

The front 3 are pressing, but with huge gaps and no support or shape. They are easily passed around at times in a way that teams who practice the high press normally just are not

bring donny on centre mid ta ****

for my guess on the 1st sub. Sancho for Fred so Pogba goes LW

Ole is not an inexperienced manager. He's been doing it 10 years now. Hes just not a very good one

That last attack from us, just look at how well Villarreal hold their shape and lines. Us on the other hand are running around like the Anthill Mob.

There we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,492 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

and whooomp there it is

not one bit surprised except that it's taken so long

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭KH25

There it is.

This is insipid. Did zero at half time to address this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You can't say that isn't deserved

twas coming. **** disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Was only coming for the last 52 mins.

Thats the type of play you want united to do, quick passing then bang goal

Seems like the same 5-0-5 formation so far. Not sure why Cavani is warming up, our problem is over attacking. No pressure to take the ball from Villarreal and no midfeild to connect defense and attack.

And were one goal down, fully deserved, Ole's been asking for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It looked like Dalot's touch played them in. Fvcking clueless.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Dalot is an Instagram right back!

We ain't getting anything out of this game folks.

Ole and his staff should be fcuked out on their ear first thing tomorrow.

Thoroughly deserved. Enough is enough if that performance doesn't change your mind that Ole is completely out of his depth nothing will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wow we’re actually going to bottle this group aren’t we

No defending this horrid performance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭KH25

So fed up of this. All that money spent and we get dominated by every single team. It’s beyond a joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement