Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Phil Hay reported that yesterday (that second test was negative). Was there another (third) test today that came back positive or something?

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1374783525426237443?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

If he has COVID and gets symptoms, let me tell ye its not a rest he'll get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

event wrote: »
    If he has COVID and gets symptoms, let me tell ye its not a rest he'll get

Absolutely. But several reports from pals of zilch symptoms when diagnosed. And seemingly the same for many of these top athletes. Varying immune systems.

Phillips played the full 90 for England tonight, was very much their 2nd string. He's a cert to go to the Euros anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Id imagine most of this is rubbish

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1375387705266278400

But only a matter of time before this type of stuff started to pop up. Injuries have done him no favours, but being played out of position for so long surely has to have an effect on him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

One thing that strikes me about Rodrigo, is how well he fits in to this system. No questioning his workrate or commitment. He looked suitably pi$$ed off when he was subbed last time, but didn't throw his toys out of the pram, as Pablo had done previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭adaminho

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

But only a matter of time before this type of stuff started to pop up. Injuries have done him no favours, but being played out of position for so long surely has to have an effect on him.

I like him. But if we got our money back, I'd have no problem selling him tbh. I dont think he'll ever make the midfield position his own and he wont get a look in with Bamford.

But we dont know his home life. Maybe his missus/fella isnt over here with him, living alone in lockdown, Leeds is a grim enough place tbh. I never mind when players want to go back home or to better climate. But when that arises, just get rid, if it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Leeds is a grim enough place tbh.

Grim compared to Valencia I'd definitely agree.

Ever been to Middlesbrough,Blackburn or .... ( Insert the name of any other Northern UK city / town with the honourable exceptions of Whitby and possibly Harrogate :D:D )

When we went to the Boro away game last season,ended up staying in a small town near Durham called Stanley ( don't ask,just suited the logistics ). Talk about grim.

• Advertisement

Yeah. I got a train once from Birmingham to Cardiff. It was like hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

whiterebel wrote: »
    One thing that strikes me about Rodrigo, is how well he fits in to this system. No questioning his workrate or commitment. He looked suitably pi$$ed off when he was subbed last time, but didn't throw his toys out of the pram, as Pablo had done previously.
    His problem this season has been the stop start nature of his involvement. Between COVID and injuries it hasn't been great. It's hard to gauge with all of these rumours and some of them are just linking a player with a pulse to a random team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well done Tyler. Dipstick. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56568296

Great to get him back tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

whiterebel wrote: »

He stayed up late in the hotel. He didn't break the bubble or bring anyone into the hotel or anything. I can't believe they are actually given a set bedtime. Trust them to be able to look after themselves as adults or don't pick them at all. Seems like an over-reaction. Not like the manager is a beacon of moral light.

Wouldn't want to be Tyler getting the "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" look from Bielsa though!!

He stayed up late in the hotel. He didn't break the bubble or bring anyone into the hotel or anything. I can't believe they are actually given a set bedtime. Trust them to be able to look after themselves as adults or don't pick them at all. Seems like an over-reaction. Not like the manager is a beacon of moral light.

Wouldn't want to be Tyler getting the "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" look from Bielsa though!!

Bielsa may be telling them all to do the same on the next international break.

And to be fair those guys have such structured lives that to have a late night chat with pals at the hotel is one chance for them to chill during lockdown. They're already really restricted as to what they can do. A pal of mine was teaching English to overseas players at Arsenal and she was amazed at what they were forbidden from doing - cycling, skateboards, ski-ing, swimming, casual football or other sports in the park, etc, etc. Made sense but very restrictive for young lads. And of course they stopped Freddie from going to the moon.

• Advertisement

Thats all banned usually in case they injure themselves. David Batty was banned from riding a motorbike as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Thats all banned usually in case they injure themselves. David Batty was banned from riding a motorbike as well

What would they have made of Duncan McKenzie's party piece?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A pal of mine was teaching English to overseas players at Arsenal and she was amazed at what they were forbidden from doing - cycling, skateboards, ski-ing, swimming, casual football or other sports in the park, etc, etc. Made sense but very restrictive for young lads. And of course they stopped Freddie from going to the moon.

Peter Crouch had a show on TV last summer, and part of it each week was doing something risky with another retired footballer that they wouldn't have been allowed do when they were playing. I remember he went sky diving with one and water skiing with another. I suppose it makes sense considering the investment clubs put into players, and how much they could lose if that player got a serious, or even career-ending injury after getting knocked off a bike or falling while skiing.

Zaph wrote: »
    Peter Crouch had a show on TV last summer, and part of it each week was doing something risky with another retired footballer that they wouldn't have been allowed do when they were playing. I remember he went sky diving with one and water skiing with another. I suppose it makes sense considering the investment clubs put into players, and how much they could lose if that player got a serious, or even career-ending injury after getting knocked off a bike or falling while skiing.

Not dangerous but Alan Shearer said the first thing he did when he retired was have a pie!

adaminho wrote: »
    Not dangerous but Alan Shearer said the first thing he did when he retired was have a pie!

Sums up Alan Shearer.

• Advertisement

What was the joke years ago.? Shearer went home, threw the wife on the bed, and hoovered where she stood.....

I know these types of article always fondly remember players but that is a truly lovely article. He really sounds like an amazing man.

The Athletic did a survey on fans of clubs and the season so far. So should only be Leeds fans on The Athletic answering this
    • Happiness with clubs performance this season - 54.83%
    • Happy if same manager in place next season - 98.13%
    • Think team has a chance of winning a trophy by end of next season - 50.53%
    • Believe their club is well run - 97.92%
    • Believe club has spent well on transfers in last 12 months - 89.84%
    • Thinks team plays entertaining football - 95.85%

Interesting results.

I'd love to know a few things:
    • Who are the 45.17% who are not happy with the performance this year
    • Who are the 4.15% who dont think we play entertaining football

:pac:

Survey on VAR available at https://surveymonkey.co.uk/r/fsa-var-consultation - have your say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The Athletic did a survey on fans of clubs and the season so far. So should only be Leeds fans on The Athletic answering this
    • Happiness with clubs performance this season - 54.83%
    • Happy if same manager in place next season - 98.13%
    • Think team has a chance of winning a trophy by end of next season - 50.53%
    • Believe their club is well run - 97.92%
    • Believe club has spent well on transfers in last 12 months - 89.84%
    • Thinks team plays entertaining football - 95.85%

Interesting results.

I'd love to know a few things:
    • Who are the 45.17% who are not happy with the performance this year
    • Who are the 4.15% who dont think we play entertaining football

:pac:

You could say that the sheer amount of leaked goals, particularly from corners, could influence a lot of that 45%. I suspect a few in there thought we would be playing for top 6, but I would think most are about leaked goals rather than league position.

Kalvin starts again. Think he's started every game for England in these 10 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Kalvin starts again. Think he's started every game for England in these 10 days

Lets hope he doesn't pick up a knock.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1377345829258850310/photo/1

Alioski beat Germany !!!

• Advertisement

🇪🇸 I'm not a person to comment on news, however in this case I'm forced to make it clear that the news about my willingness to leave Leeds or a possible bad relationship with Bielsa is fake. I am very sorry that some people try to misinform when their work is just the opposite.
    I'm happy, focused and working to the max to help alongside my teammates finish the club in the best way possible.
    Love being at the @leedsunited, respect to my coach and I can relate to this Club!
    Come on Leeds MOT

Apparently a quote from the man himself.....

Lets hope he doesn't pick up a knock.

Yeah that was my worry. Glad for him personally, I think playing for england would have been something that would have prompted him to want to move. Great to see he can do that while playing with us in the PL.

But he does pick up knocks, would have liked to see him rested a bit

Oh I picked Leeds in my last man standing competition at the weekend. So if we lose on Saturday, we know who to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Oh I picked Leeds in my last man standing competition at the weekend. So if we lose on Saturday, we know who to blame.

I picked them for their home game against Brighton a few weeks back - so I'm not touching them any longer.

Same with my Fantasy team, any time I pick Bamford for captain, he never performs.

Little reminder that Saturday's game is on Premier Sports (UK media say Amazon which can confuse it). Solid win expected by me and then one nice scalp from the following 3 games. Preferably against scum (with a Berardi red card) but I'm not too fussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I'm 100% sure he'll come good eventually if he stays.

Good noises are continuing to come from the Rodrigo de Paul camp but I'm very wary of it. Maybe Orta has done something special again but I'm scared to hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Good noises are continuing to come from the Rodrigo de Paul camp but I'm very wary of it. Maybe Orta has done something special again but I'm scared to hope.
    Apparently Phil Hay claiming they are looking at others first, on the latest Athletic podcast.

I'm sure you've all seen the away jersey pushed at 50% but just bought it and due to it coming to Ireland there's a £5 VAT deduction. Shipping is £13.99 so it helps towards that cost. £39 total. Not bad. Checked JD Sports online and they're only doing vintage ones. Still €90 on adidas.ie.

• Advertisement

Ben White linked to MU again, and Liverpool undoubtedly still sniffing about. Would have loved him back but how good does he look now after a season in the PL? We've not seen enough of our CDs this year but is it possible that Llorente, Koch and Struijk are all better long-term prospects that White? Even with the bad injury run we're surely covered for those positions?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ben White linked to MU again, and Liverpool undoubtedly still sniffing about. Would have loved him back but how good does he look now after a season in the PL? We've not seen enough of our CDs this year but is it possible that Llorente, Koch and Struijk are all better long-term prospects that White? Even with the bad injury run we're surely covered for those positions?

Yeah, I don't think the season back at Brighton has helped White develop as much as he would have had he stayed at Leeds. Still a very good player, but given how Struijk in particular has upped his game of late, I'm a lot more confident that we're just fine without him and that the money can be put to better use elsewhere.

Yeah would rather we get a LB and a midfielder who can step in for Phillips

Zaph wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think the season back at Brighton has helped White develop as much as he would have had he stayed at Leeds. Still a very good player, but given how Struijk in particular has upped his game of late, I'm a lot more confident that we're just fine without him and that the money can be put to better use elsewhere.

Where does White rank alongside our four Central Defenders? For me he's currently better than Cooper and Struijk but that may change. I believe that Koch and Llorente are better players and the former will improve hugely. We may need to tie both to longer contracts before the European Championships.

Where does White rank alongside our four Central Defenders? For me he's currently better than Cooper and Struijk but that may change. I believe that Koch and Llorente are better players and the former will improve hugely. We may need to tie both to longer contracts before the European Championships.

For me he's in the Bartley/Jansson category! Yes they were good at the time but would you swap for whats there now?

Cooper in for Struijk

Meslier
    Ayling Llorente Cooper Alioski
    Phillips
    Raphinha Dallas Roberts Harrison
    Bamford

• Advertisement

Cooper in for Struijk

Meslier