Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Defence is so bad. The lads up too score 3 against Liverpool and the defence still managed to have us lose the game. Just not good enough

Also Henderson fully kitted up for trophy despite being sidelined....wonder will.he get as much stick as a certain John Terry once did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No since he isnt hated by the media and rival fans

How we could do with a 2004/05 version of him now

For the first time in my life ill be hoping United win on Sunday, maybe if we’re 2-0 up then ill hope for them to be the ones to be stuck in 5th

Even if we come 5th we can still qualify for the CL, we just need to overturn a 3-0 deficit against Bayern in Munich and then win the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

if there was a game that showed the worst and best of our play that was it, mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Israel Echoing Hairdressing

Johner wrote: »
    I don’t think that match told us anything we didn’t already know. Point needed in the last game, Wolves coming to win will probably suit us, hopefully we can get the job done. Pulisic is such an exciting player. Defence is an issue that will unfortunately take more than one transfer window.

id hold on the purchase of a lb to get at least one decent cb first to lead the defence...maybe 2 depending who we can shift out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

id hold on the purchase of a lb to get at least one decent cb first to lead the defence...maybe 2 depending who we can shift out

I'd go the other way personally, we have 4 CBs who are all midtable quality, but no left back who can play in a back 4 at all... If we were going to commit to 3atb for the next year I'd agree with you but we need a competent left back as a more pressing need imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Ed23PJFXkAEM1-D?format=png&name=small

Kepa dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

RichT wrote: »
    Kepa dropped!

thank fcuk for that

• Advertisement

He’s had enough chances since things resumed, moving forward now would be a sunk cost fallacy, he’s not good enough simple as

From Twitter......

Chelsea are the only team in the Premier League since the restart that have conceded more goals than saves made:

❍ 28 shots on target faced
    ❍ 15 goals conceded
    ❍ 13 saves
    ❍ 46.4% save percentage

:eek::o:(

You can say whatever you want about Willian, but we are missing him today big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Looking good so far , I can enjoy the game abit more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Do we have to play a qualifier for champions league for 4th?

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Do we have to play a qualifier for champions league for 4th?

nope, straight to the group stage

• Advertisement

Great result , roll on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

After winning a number, I lost my touch living in Australia

These leagues have just rolled over from years ago, anyone still around that I have bragging rights over? :D

521184.png

These leagues have just rolled over from years ago, anyone still around that I have bragging rights over? :D

Ha I managed to get into second on the last day but you've had me beat all year, GG :cool:

Some season that in the end, transfer ban, no hazard, finally bringing youth through after more than a decade of the underage teams dominating but not turning out starters for us. CL football wasn't even on the cards at the start of the season so top 4 and a final isn't bad at all.

Next year could be carnage with how top heavy we'll look, a little bit like a pre-VVD liverpool set-up unless we can sort out at least one of our defensive issues. My wish for next year is to stop defending corners like a U16 Netball team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hots wrote: »
    Ha I managed to get into second on the last day but you've had me beat all year, GG :cool:

Which means I ended up in 3rd.
    Grumble grumble..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

You'd have to be happy with that.

Great start for Frank and we blooded a lot of new players and looks like we have a couple of potential superstars in the making in Pulisic and Mount.

Hopefully new arrivals will hit the ground running next season , but in meantime I'm going to sit back and enjoy the Cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

521184.png

A dim and distant 6th Europa League it is for me then - I am Jose :eek:

A dim and distant 6th Europa League it is for me then - I am Jose :eek:

Make sure you crack the champagne for an achievement like Europa!

hots wrote: »
    Make sure you crack the champagne for an achievement like Europa!

Oh I did.

I also had a dance with my background staff of course to "celebrate" such an achievement.

I was wondering about making a DVD as well.

Hopefully Havertz is tied down soon and we can move onto more pressing areas, we min need a GK and a LB

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Chilwell myself but Frank is, maybe Leicester not making the CL could help us, he's not worth near the Maguire money at 80m, maybe around 60m or so considering he's young and homegrown wouldn't be the worst business.

I'd rather us move on if he can't be got quick enough, the other main options already linked are Telles and Tagliafico both of which have upsides and downsides

GK wise Onana is probably the best linked to us, Rajkovic is the cheaper option linked and he could be the one if we spend big on Chilwell and possibly a CB, last time we signed a promising GK playing in France he turned out grand

Outgoing is surely Jorginho, Emerson, Batshuayi and Barkley, Kepa will probably be loaned too cause I can't see anyone ponying up for him

I really hope we don't go after Declan Rice unless the price is very reasonable although he does fit perfectly into our squad as backup for Kante as the deep one in the midfield 3 Frank will probably go with, as well as another option at centre back

apparently rice asked for a move to us
    watching this , i think it might be true
    https://twitter.com/TheLampardView/status/1288164710689288194?s=20

If they got relegated he'd have been available at a reasonable price

Now I want to trust Frank and let him do what he sees fit, but I don't know if mad money on Rice and Chilwell will be worth it

If they got relegated he'd have been available at a reasonable price

Now I want to trust Frank and let him do what he sees fit, but I don't know if mad money on Rice and Chilwell will be worth it

Definitely not Chilwell, and Rice seems like too much of a project for me, although the attitude and a bit of metal in the squad wouldn't go amiss.

• Advertisement

I was wondering how he got so good at not attempting to make the save and just watching it go in

Practise makes perfect and all

So we are guaranteed another West London derby next season, which always makes me nervous. :eek:

Good Luck Fulham, because Scotty Parker.

Good Luck Brentford, because the lovely Natalie Sawyer :P

natalie-sawyer-leaves-sky-sports-after-18-years.jpg

Come on you Bee's

As for tomorrow I wonder which Arsenal and Chelsea will turn up? These teams are so inconsistent I have no idea how it will go.

Hopefully Man United semi Chelsea will turn up and not Sheffield United away Chelsea in which case even agent Luiz can help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Between special agent Luiz and Giroud ,we are practically guaranteed to win tomorrow :pac:

I'm guna say 4-3 to the Blues.
    Hon Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting no Willian even on the bench. Had been expected to be back for in time. Big loss, even just as an impact.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Interesting no Willian even on the bench. Had been expected to be back for in time. Big loss, even just as an impact.

Injured to my knowledge

Hopefully Kante is fit enough to come on to make an impact for the last half hour or so

• Advertisement

Fair play to Taylor two cup winners medals now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fair play to Taylor two cup winners medals now

He’s such an awful ref. But we weren’t good enough today, great start but Arsenal took control after. We actually need 2 new centre halfs all of them are absolutely shocking.

Now obviously I'd have rathered win the thing

But silver lining to a loss is no glossing over the cracks in our squad, they're obvious to a blind man, no false sense of security

Pope, Dunk and johnny Egan.
    Let's get it done.

That was too reminiscent of when we had Hazard and relied on him. We're gutless after Pulisic went off.
    Taylor was shocking but it doesn't cover the faults.
    Hopefully the lads remember the feeling of being a loser, it can sometimes be the best driver of all

Johner wrote: »
    He’s such an awful ref. But we weren’t good enough today, great start but Arsenal took control after. We actually need 2 new centre halfs all of them are absolutely shocking.

Still think Zouma is ok James today was dreadful worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Difficult to say how it should have been Kov never a red Arsenal goalkeeper at least a yellow possible red but Mason has won Arsenal two cups now. Still hope they enjoy Thursday night footie.

We need a good shake up nice to see lamps not hiding we could and should have done better. Poor season but could have been worse shame Pulisic will most certainly miss the start of the next one.

• Advertisement

James was poor today but he's not a bad player, he's just not a wing back for providing all the width on the right hand side and being the only attacker there

James making the support runs on the outside of Ziyech could turn into a serious tandem

At least Taylor was consistent, he got it all wrong , the handball and the sending off were incredible

peteeeed wrote: »
    At least Taylor was consistent, he got it all wrong , the handball and the sending off were incredible

Why was Dave's penalty not a free when it started outside the box?
    Taylor basically allowed the foul to continue until it got inside the box then decided then it wasn't ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Killinator wrote: »
    Taylor basically allowed the foul to continue until it got inside the box then decided then it wasn't ok.
    a joke, complete joke, and what is the point of VAR if it doesn't correct this nonsense - just confirm it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Killinator wrote: »
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    a joke, complete joke, and what is the point of VAR if it doesn't correct this nonsense - just confirm it ?

Ah lads. He was fouled in the box, it was a pen. it's kind of irrelevant that he was also fouled outside the box, that doesn't negate the foul in the box. Ref rightly let play continue with Aubameyang holding Azpilicueta off despite the pulling, as he was running clean through on goal - until he went down. For a foul in the box. Penalty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement