Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Any bookies offering odds on Rovers B team still being in the first division next season..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How many away seats in Tolka this season? Are they in the Riverside?

Looks for the most part this season, away tickets are limited to 800. Will be in the Riverside as usual, it will be split in half. Away fans on the Ballybough side, gantry in the middle and then home fans on the New Stand side. New Stand and Ballybough stands out of bounds for fans unfortunately this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭kksaints

Looks for the most part this season, away tickets are limited to 800. Will be in the Riverside as usual, it will be split in half. Away fans on the Ballybough side, gantry in the middle and then home fans on the New Stand side. New Stand and Ballybough stands out of bounds for fans unfortunately this season.

What's wrong with the new stand?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Should make for a cracking atmosphere in that stand at least...
    kksaints wrote: »

Flood damage to the structure I think.

kksaints wrote: »

One of the rooms is out of bounds underneath the New Stand due to electrical issues and the roof is not structurally staff. Dressing rooms, etc... are allowed be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Looks for the most part this season, away tickets are limited to 800.

Dundalk have already sold out their allocation for Friday's game. It's a pity that the capacity of the ground is limited, as when the three sides are full, Tolka has a great atmosphere.

Dundalk have already sold out their allocation for Friday's game. It's a pity that the capacity of the ground is limited, as when the three sides are full, Tolka has a great atmosphere.

Dundalk have sold 600 afaik, 200 physical ones to go on sale this evening up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Rovers B stuff seems way over the top. Of all the ridiculousness First Division clubs have had to deal with, this is way down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

sugarman wrote: »
    IF Limerick had've applied for a license and took part in the division, I could see an argument against. But as is with Rovers B there making up the numbers for a 10 team league, it is OTT. Would they really prefer a 9 team league?

Isnt the issue around the lack of consultation? That they can name a player outside of the named squad is just nonsensical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What's their issue now compared to 2014? Don't remember any uproar then tbh.

Because the FAI was ran like North Korea, clubs couldn't speak up for so long. If Dundalk had to jump through hoops for so long just to get the European monies they were owed under JD, then why would he care what first division clubs had to say, the division is still only there because you need promotion and relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I think there were bigger issues facing the FD but I can see why they've decided to make a stand.
    Most of those clubs in the FD are there for years and will likely be there for a longtime to come.
    They don't want the FD to become a reserve league. It's 50/50 at best whether limerick will be in a position to come back into senior football next year. If another club were to drop out its more likely Dundalk B would take their place and it could be a house of cards after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

dfx- wrote: »
    anyone boycotting a league game should have their licence revoked.

As a supporter of a club that spent 2006 in the "graveyard", away from the more important and "ambitious" clubs like Shels and Cork, I'd love to see the FAI make that threat or a similar one and the first division clubs call that bluff and boycott the fixture en masse.
    Good to see the new FAI holding out.

The "new FAI" have started their regime by creating a position for their buddy Niall Quinn to creep his way unelected into the association, while they force a fundamental change to the first division with little or no consultation with the clubs involved. Yeah, super stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

To make up a 10 team league I can sort of understand. Bit the LOI’s first fixtures were for an 11 team league. Which I find odd.

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    To make up a 10 team league I can sort of understand. Bit the LOI’s first fixtures were for an 11 team league. Which I find odd.

No, I think these were the original fixtures. Then Limerick won some court case and they changed to the 11 and now they’re back with the 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

Galway v Athlone off in first division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

howiya wrote: »
    Galway v Athlone off in first division

that pesky Rovers B team's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

CSF wrote: »
    No, I think these were the original fixtures. Then Limerick won some court case and they changed to the 11 and now they’re back with the 10.

I could be wrong, but I thought they had a 20 match fixture list with a sort of ‘shield’ proposed first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

joeysoap wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I thought they had a 20 match fixture list with a sort of ‘shield’ proposed first?

That was the revised schedule which included Limerick. Now it has reverted to the original fixture list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Is Shels Dundalk sold out tonight, anyone know? It says the away section is sold out but I presume that you can buy at the ground?

Is Shels Dundalk sold out tonight, anyone know? It says the away section is sold out but I presume that you can buy at the ground?

Apparently there is a very small amount of home tickets left.

I don’t know quite how small that is but I wouldn’t be inclined to chance it. If you defo wanna go, buy online in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I don’t know quite how small that is but I wouldn’t be inclined to chance it. If you defo wanna go, buy online in advance.

Feck it, I'll have my Dundalk scarf so I won't risk it! Good to see anyway, although having 2 condemned stands doesn't help.

Feck it, I'll have my Dundalk scarf so I won't risk it! Good to see anyway, although having 2 condemned stands doesn't help.

Oh I didn’t realise you were a Dundalk fan or I’d have told you they were sold out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

Officially sold out now per the clubs twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Good to see, should be healthy attendances this week, some good games. Does tolka hold more than Dalymount these days?

tastyt wrote: »
    Good to see, should be healthy attendances this week, some good games. Does tolka hold more than Dalymount these days?

Tolka was limited to 3340 but could be reduced by about 100 of them due to the next gantry setup in the Riverside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tastyt wrote: »
    half the ground is closed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/DroghedaUnited/status/1230848973159702528

embarrasing for the league the immature attitude of 1st divisions clubs.

FAI should put a ban on LOI clubs using GIF's at this stage as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

#ThePeoplesLeague.

Even worse than #TheGreatestLeagueIntheWorld.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

shanec1928 wrote: »

This is nearly 3 times higher than our highest attendance last year. Great to see no matter the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DroghedaUnited/status/1230848973159702528

embarrasing for the league the immature attitude of 1st divisions clubs.

FAI should put a ban on LOI clubs using GIF's at this stage as well.

Remarkably petty. I also like how Longford's own account had to correct them over the name of their stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dan1895 wrote: »
    This is nearly 3 times higher than our highest attendance last year. Great to see no matter the circumstances.
    back in the premier and playing the champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

Greatestleague was at least started as an ironic hashtag until the FAI began running with it....

Been grand with what has come out from D1 clubs until now, plenty right to voice their opposition and lack of dialogue with the fai.. first division has been treated appallingly this year, but that is cringe.

shanec1928 wrote: »

They really should have said "Sold out of the available to use 3340 seats" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Half the ground is open....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Half the ground is open....

Yep, embarrassing when club's are going on about games being sold-out while trying to avoid the fact that half their ground is closed and capacity is severely limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yep, embarrassing when club's are going on about games being sold-out while trying to avoid the fact that half their ground is closed and capacity is severely limited.

Agree but the attendances are still up even back in our “good days” we struggled to sell out the Jodi!

What’s the actual craic with Shels tickets I take it can’t rock up to the shed on the day and pay in? Asking for 2 mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Remarkably petty. I also like how Longford's own account had to correct them over the name of their stadium.

I'm just surprised Wexford weren't described as 'Youths'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looking forward to this game.

Anyone know how many Friday night games RTE will be screening this season? Might be wrong but last season they seemed to be very few and far between, felt like only about 5 or games across the whole season whereas years before there was a lot more. Have they scaled down their LOI footage or am I imagining things?

Not even one half down this season and the misery has started

Zebra3 wrote: »

I don't understand, should they publish that they are not sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Mushy wrote: »
    Not even one half down this season and the misery has started

Are bray that bad or do I smell a suspicious betting pattern?

Are bray that bad or do I smell a suspicious betting pattern?

I dunno, theres ways to fix games without embarrassing one self

• Advertisement

George Hamilton would make a threesome with jlo and Margot Robbie sound dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Shocking tackle for the red card for Cork

And he wouldn't get off the pitch then after his card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Fairly miserable start to the season for Rovers.
    Lost to Harps last week and 2-0 down to Pats by half time.
    Going to be one of those seasons. Long way to go yet but hard to turn down a play off if it was offered now. Harps look decent.
    Just hope Shels and Cork are even worse than us.

Derry playing awful, nobody able to play a decent forward pass.

While McNamee is shining and playing with a lot of freedom, if harps give him this free role he could have a great season

Not a penalty?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement