Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgia Atheism and Agnosticism

Options
  • 28-04-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Any funny memories of the last so many years on this forum?

Has it gone too serious here?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Tacklebox wrote: »

Has it gone too serious here?

Maybe link something that you found funny back in the day. Who did you post as previously. Please don't let it be JC, can't be doing with any more Noah's ark and creationism threads. That ship has sailed. Or not... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

smacl wrote: »
    Maybe link something that you found funny back in the day. Who did you post as previously. Please don't let it be JC, can't be doing with any more Noah's ark and creationism threads. That ship has sailed. Or not... :pac:

Im busy today but hopefully this evening ill post a few links.

Im embarrassed to say who I was, as I was a bit confused back then and caught up with religion and new age spirituality.

And I basically had to recover from the narcissistic abuse from spiritual gurus and delusional lifestyle I used to live back then.

My dad lost it one day with me 8 years ago because I was so messed up and sick from it all that I nearly had a break down.

Im agnostic now and I have learned the hard way.

Its so sad to see some of my old acquaintances tormented still with dogma and guilt.

I have a life today thanks to reality

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Should I mention the Fall? :pac:

Maybe not...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pherekydes wrote: »

Maybe not...

Very sad to see Mark died there last year, but the music lives on. Fond memories of moshing to him with my missus in the Chocolate box.

Or were you talking about that short Camus novel of the same name :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Eight years ago, but still worth reading - wrong forum!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68490605

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Helping visitors to find the true way

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90704575

• Registered Users Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pherekydes wrote: »

Maybe not...

Of course!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Must show my Lego and Life of Brian-loving son this image from that old thread, and blow his mind :pac:

jn19_25.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057288828/3

The bit about the kangaroos was funny...

Advertisement