Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

will these fit an old (1980s) peugot racer?

Think I need longer ones?

These are short reach which seems to be the standard these days, so they're probably not suitable, but I guess it depends on the rims. (they're too short for the new wheels on my recent conversion which is a reynolds frame from the 80s)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyone got a set of clip on tri bars for sale by any chance?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

I have a silver alu 27.0 seatpost, free to a good home

I'm in Dublin 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

I'm lookin for nice frame for my fixie project. Bigger than 58 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

Look forward to hearing from you so.

If anyone else is looking for frames out there I think I have a clements 501 and 531 frames stuffed away at my parents, I think they are both 50-52cm. Need to have a look again.

heya, any pics of these frames? what sort of condition and colour please? think a friend could go for one
    regards
    dotc

will post up a list of my bits and pieces next week.(long list)

• Advertisement

Karma wrote: »
    heya, any pics of these frames? what sort of condition and colour please? think a friend could go for one
    regards
    dotc

will post up a list of my bits and pieces next week.(long list)

Its only the one frame I have now, its 501 steel tubing. Its been lieing up for about 10 years.

There are some rust spots but no dents at all. I will try and get some pics up later.

they/them/theirs

here are some pics, I've tried to show the rust as best i can

they/them/theirs

cheers man but will leave it.
    thanks thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

omri wrote: »
    I'm lookin for nice frame for my fixie project. Bigger than 58 tho.

I have an old Reynolds 531 frame (from a circa 1985 Viking bike) lying in my garage, its a 62 cm frame.

Let me know if u want it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

ps, perfect for a fixie - it has horizontal drop-outs....

• Advertisement

some 61cm fixies going on gumtree
    try here:
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/04/20710104.html

dont worry, not mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

This one looks like quite a deal
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/21/22704221.html

No front brake drilling though, so not very much use as a first fixed gear unless you fancy an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Should've posted this before

I have a 120mm unused Planet X stem if anyone's interested. I'll try and put a photo of it up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Looking for a steel frame to finally get started on a fixie project.

Anyone have one ~24 inches? Could probably be a bit flexible with the size (within reason!) as it's just for getting around on.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

Hi all,
    I have a set of speedplay pedals - never been used- to trade.
    Please reply by PM
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

44th sprocket anyone? to fit a fuji track bike. i have 3 slick mountainbikes tyres for swap aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Also looking for a chainring, 110 bcd, anything above 42. My current one seems to be bent and is derailing me regularly. Driving me loco.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

I have an old restored steel raleigh fixie/singlespeed (flip-flop hub) that'd I'd swap for a singlespeed/fixed wheel mtb if anyones interested.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Folks, I have a Raleigh hybrid (5 yrs old) that I need to get rid off.
    Back wheel needs replacing or spoke rebuild.
    Frame size 54cm I think if not a little smaller.
    Would serve as a good commute bike. Need to shift it, as wife is giving me grief regrding the space it takes up in shed.

Not looking for cash, but would be happy if someone would take it off my hands. However, if anyone had any spares etc they wanted to swap for it I would consider.
    PM me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Niallface

if you were to sell .........
    # flipped and chopped drop bars, with optional yellow tape
    # single-speed crankset (48t)
    .......... how much???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

To swap:
    -Pair of Hybrid wheels. standard alloy w/o tyres. quick release front. 6speed spin on cassette on rear.

-front mountain bike wheel. quick release

-identiti halo mtb wheels pair. disc hubs and braking surface for vs. perfect condition

-pair of hybrid/racer wheels black, were stock on very average racer. with 8speed cassette. both q/r

-Brand-x jump frame. aluminium with disc and v mounts, seat post and headset included and square taper bb too if wanted. very small- for trials or jumping

-marzocchi Z1 100mm travel suspension fork. old but silky smooth. with seriously old school double disc brake mount! and v mounts too

-other bits and pieces ilke handlebars and stuff for anyone interested in the above.

What i'm looking for is a fixey or the parts to build a fixey- frame or back wheel are the main things i need but failing that a decent crankset with oversized external bearings for a mountain bike would be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Might just might be interested in the fork...

What's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

studiorat wrote: »
    Might just might be interested in the fork...

What's the deal?

Basically i've a few projects on the go. Trying to build up a good xc bike and just need a good crankset, also a big old school sit-up-and-beg city bike. Rear dynamo light would be good. Otherwise any spares for my racer or to start a fixie. Failing all that make an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I have a front and rear wheel from my old fixie available if anyone wants 'em -thanks to some unpleasantness they are somewhat out of true, but a few hours will sort them out and they're good as new.

The rear has a flip flop hub on with a 15t free and a 15t track cog on it

Also have a Paddy Wagon Frame with a dent in the top tube and potential damage to the bottom bracket if it's any use to anyone! (Size 58)

I need a left hand crank in 172.5, square taper ISO. Stripped the threads on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Hey how bad is the dent in the frame?(pics?)
    And for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭jefferson73

fish-head wrote: »
    I need a left hand crank in 172.5, square taper ISO. Stripped the threads on mine!

Have a new Gipiemme Crono special left arm, 170 i'm afraid..?

I have a front and rear wheel from my old fixie available if anyone wants 'em -thanks to some unpleasantness they are somewhat out of true, but a few hours will sort them out and they're good as new.

The rear has a flip flop hub on with a 15t free and a 15t track cog on it

Also have a Paddy Wagon Frame with a dent in the top tube and potential damage to the bottom bracket if it's any use to anyone! (Size 58)

what ya want for the paddy wagon? need one for gold sprints. have one already.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldsprint

fish head i might have that 172.5mm Square taper gimme a minute...

Fish-Head,
    got one, campy strada 172.5mm square taper. what make is yours? make sure it fits.
    pm me for a meet, its free.

• Advertisement

Karma wrote: »
    Fish-Head,
    got one, campy strada 172.5mm square taper. what make is yours? make sure it fits.
    pm me for a meet, its free.

You, sir, are a gent. Mine's a Miche. I'll PM you.

Advertisement