Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

looking to swap giant ocr1(2004) for a hybrid if anyone is looking to go in that direction.

As here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=61159

Interested in higher end hybrid, sirrus, bad boy, genesis day, fcr, etc etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Look forward to hearing from you so.

If anyone else is looking for frames out there I think I have a clements 501 and 531 frames stuffed away at my parents, I think they are both 50-52cm. Need to have a look again.

That frame is a non runner at the moment. Forks are damaged. Not sure also how to get the crank off - its a non standard old crank. I'll probably be putting up photos of it for help here. If I manage to get it off I'll come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Does anyone have a Bike Transport Box to carry my Bike to France ... i am not sure the Cab will be hally if I I turn up with one to take me to the airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Does anyone have a Bike Transport Box to carry my Bike to France ... i am not sure the Cab will be hally if I I turn up with one to take me to the airport...

I've actually gotten into a cab with a bike before* -make sure it's one of the 7 seaters and you should be ok

*I was bleeding heavily and in shock after a spill, but I suspect a faminine flutter of the eyelids would have a similar affect on the cabbies heartstrings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have a hardcase, but you'd need to come to waterford for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I have a hardcase, but you'd need to come to waterford for it..

Thanks :) That means driving down and back up hehe with the price of petrol ... I think I might be better off getting a big Samsonite at the TK maxx ...

Actually, do you guys think a Big Samsonite ( I only have a sz 43 bike ... that 38 in long ... ) would do the trick??

I am also toying with the idea of letting my Planet X Carbon 50 wheels go. They are the standard weave finish, not the nasty marble effect. American Classic Hubs, Sapim Lazer spokes, Titanium Skewers. They are tubs with continental sprinters on them with plenty of wear left on them. Overall they have done about 2000 miles or less. I also have a boxed spare continental sprinter tyre and also a full set of brake pads for carbon wheels.

I am thinking 400+ and might consider selling them to raise a few funds towards a TT bike, or perhaps swap for parts that could be used on the TT bike. Or maybe I will just hold onto them, depends on what offers I get if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Can you show us a pic senior of the wheels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Thanks :) That means driving down and back up hehe with the price of petrol ... I think I might be better off getting a big Samsonite at the TK maxx ...

Actually, do you guys think a Big Samsonite ( I only have a sz 43 bike ... that 38 in long ... ) would do the trick??

i rented a bike case before and it was just a samsonite with some foam stuck on either side

Buachaill, don't have one handy, but here they are on my old bike (they are the same condition now, only get used for the odd race).

smallbike.jpg

I find them to be good race day wheels, they are quick and look fantastic. I haven't crashed them and have not ridden them much. I wouldn't use them in training because (a) they are tubs and (b) I find the American Classic hubs on them to be a little weak. The bearings are small and wear out easily - I have the same hubs on another set of wheels. I just replaced the bearings in the rear wheel, they didn't really need to be done but I was taking the wheel apart anyway to replace a spoke.

Anyway overall they are a nice bit of bling bling for race day. Just watching some english race on Eurosport here after the tour de france coverage and the planet x team is in the race, so if you want to see what your bike would look like with them on, turn on eurosport now !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Ok Roadies, don't even go there! You won't like what you see. ;)

This was a bit of a frankenstein job I put together for the craic a while ago.
    Now it's just in the way, since I went back down the hard tail route.

But I'm hoping someone will give this thing a good home.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=62708

I will however swop this for a bike rack for a hatch back.

Oh yeah, smart comments welcome, but lets keep 'em on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Co-incidentally I am also looking for a car bike rack !

time for a car on the back of the bike type joke I'd imagine...

oops there it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Verb wrote: »

ooh - few good items there - bike hoist for the garage (don't have a garage mind), electric pump and computer that half of us can moan that it's crap and broken and the other half can say it's the best 20 quid we ever spent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have that type of foot pump from a previous Aldi offer and am sorry to report it doesn't work. At all. For the price of that electric pump you could get a decent track pump which will take your tyres beyond 100psi, important consideration if you are using a road bike.

You won't find a better price for a heart rate monitor, only question as stuf says is... do you feel lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev_rower

Im looking for either a 24.5 or 24.7mm seat post if anyone has either of them lying around?? They seem hard enough to come across....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

kev_rower wrote: »
    Im looking for either a 24.5 or 24.7mm seat post if anyone has either of them lying around?? They seem hard enough to come across....

try wolf cycles on sundrive rd d12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev_rower

Karma wrote: »
    try wolf cycles on sundrive rd d12

Will do mate, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just got my new frame delivered, I'm looking for Gear/Brake levers and chainset if anyone wants to help out ;)

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Brian- what sort of frame? MTB or road? I have some flat-bar hybrid levers you would be welcome to gratis, 9 speed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sorry, meant to say its a road bike.

Thanks anyway.

I am thinking I am just going to bite the bullet and buy an entry level group set somewhere, probably ebay.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭souter

Hi,
    have the pedals off a specialized tricross going spare. Toeclips, nothing fancy and in reasonable condition (for pedals). Also a pair of 26" mtb tubes.
    A water bottle is about the only thing I'm currently after - the tubes would go for free. Based in dublin 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

souter wrote: »
    Hi,
    have the pedals off a specialized tricross going spare. Toeclips, nothing fancy and in reasonable condition (for pedals). Also a pair of 26" mtb tubes.
    A water bottle is about the only thing I'm currently after - the tubes would go for free. Based in dublin 3.

I would be interested in the pedals. Don't have any water bottles unfortunately (well, none which haven't been extensively used) but could give you the price of one for the pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭souter

I would be interested in the pedals. Don't have any water bottles unfortunately (well, none which haven't been extensively used) but could give you the price of one for the pedals.

You can have them gratis (I'd be a bit embarassed as a grown man haggling over the price of a water bottle. Especially being Scottish). I'll PM you my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

To add to my previous items, I've now got a pair of 105 callipers:
    picture
    /edit: with brand new pads

And I'm looking for a nice brake lever/cash/a nice white saddle

what kinda cash for the calipers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

what kinda cash for the calipers?

I think €40 for the pair is fair.

/edit: I'm also on the hunt for a decent front long-reach calliper

• Advertisement

will these fit an old (1980s) peugot racer?

Think I need longer ones?

Advertisement