Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

2 year old just told Nana over the phone that she'd see her later and she has some cococ*nt cake for her. I very nearly piddled myself laughing :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

This is more a visual thing, than something he said.

We were on holidays last week in Venice. Young lad was at a soccer camp. Dropped him off, the coaches were taking names, and said to the kids to start dribbling. 7 Irish lads start soloing. English lad looking at them. 8 dads burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Lots of parents of preschoolers are probably in the same boat as us today - graduation ðŸ˜
    Yes its OTT but its CUTE :-D

Anyway my lad couldn't join in with the actual singing (non verbal) but he took part as much as he could and we got the biggest thumbs up all is good grin at one stage. Heart melting.
    Créche was amazing & whole thing showcased some real amount of effort from the staff. Reminded me yet again how blessed we are with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

My father's day card contained the message "Thanks for making me".

They grow up so fast.

Subacio wrote: »
    My father's day card contained the message "Thanks for making me".

They grow up so fast.

Mine had a list of reasons why "My Dad is Special" one of the reasons was "he has good hugs". So we asked him about that one.

"Mummy's hugs are nice when I get hurt, but Daddy's hugs are nice when I'm scared because I know I won't get hurt".

Yeah, right in the feels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mine had a list of reasons why "My Dad is Special" one of the reasons was "he has good hugs". So we asked him about that one.

"Mummy's hugs are nice when I get hurt, but Daddy's hugs are nice when I'm scared because I know I won't get hurt".

Yeah, right in the feels.
    How very diplomatic of him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got an echo show the other day. Last night as he was going to bed he said "Alexa, play heavy metal" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Got an echo show the other day. Last night as he was going to bed he said "Alexa, play heavy metal" :)
    It would've been perfect if she played Enter Sandman :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

My 6 year old to his tablet "Ok google, please google would you mind playing blippi pizza please, thanks very much google"

Leaving the house the other day going to shops, 500 metres away, 3 year old heads for the car, I said we are walking to the shops. Flings his hands up in the air "ah Jesus Christ daddy"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Paddy Cow wrote: »

It did one better, rainbow in the dark by dio :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Paddy Cow wrote: »

My 5 year old asks Alexa to play this every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Was looking through a book with my 3 year old and he was naming the different animals. We got to the racoon and he proclaimed it was a 'superhero cat'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

I’m pregnant and very lightheaded lately.
    We recently told our 5 year old. Since Thursday he has taken it upon himself to tidy his room every night and put his washing in the basket without even been asked.

I was feeling unwell this afternoon so went for a lie down. Unbeknownst to my husband, 5 year old went into the kitchen poured a glass of apple juice and brought it up to me and rubbed my head for 10 minutes.

Because that’s what I do when he’s unwell he told me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Single dad, my 13 month old girl when I handed her back to her mothers mom, said bye bye and reached out for me. *queue lip trembling* happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

4yo and her daddy were sitting on one sofa, I was on the other one other side of the room. Daddy said something along the lines of “mammy is very silly isn’t she” to which 4yo whispered to him “no she’s beautiful” <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

We were having a barbecue + cooked corn of cob on it. My three year old loves them + when he was finished he said ' That was delicious daddy. I loved all the dirty bits on it' (i.e chargrilled)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

We were shopping for runners recently. My son (five) was trying on different sizes, I wanted him to get one size and he was insisting on getting the next size up, even though I thought they seemed a bit big for him. I asked him if he was sure he wouldn't be more comfortable with the smaller ones, he held up the bigger pair and goes "No it's fine mom, I'll grow into these guys!" Such a little old man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My son left a bottle of water on the couch.My grandson aged 9 months,grabbed it and popped the opener with his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

We are going to London next week. My 9year old daughter had €100 2 months ago and I took it from her as she’d only fritter it away. I told her I’d buy her sterling for holiday. Yesterday she asked me for 100stg. I explained that €100 would only buy 85ish stg. She was horrified and tried fighting her case. I eventually got it through to her and the look in her face was priceless. Her reply...’well that’s just shiit’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lisha wrote: »
    We are going to London next week. My 9year old daughter had €100 2 months ago and I took it from her as she’d only fritter it away. I told her I’d buy her sterling for holiday. Yesterday she asked me for 100stg. I explained that €100 would only buy 85ish stg. She was horrified and tried fighting her case. I eventually got it through to her and the look in her face was priceless. Her reply...’well that’s just shiit’

with the way Boris is burning bridges today I'd say she might get closer to her £100 than expected. My Revolut app tells me it's currently at £89.61.

Anyway, we're well into potty training and we're almost at a full success rate. As I was coming in from work, I met her ladyship coming from the toilet so I asked if she did a "wee wee". I got the quite blunt response of, "nope, monster poo, daddy"

Where do they get this stuff?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

theteal wrote: »
    I got the quite blunt response of, "nope, monster poo, daddy"

Where do they get this stuff?!?!

Quick look in the mirror there daddy ;) As my mother recently told me as my little one had a mammoth tantrum throwing herself across the floor of aldi 'she didn't lick it off the ground'.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

My 4 year old cant understand why they are trying to cook ‘scratchy pants’ on the Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon. (Frangipane)

They went off to the grandparents, for the night.

They came home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

They came home

Bet you’re delighted 😀

The silence, this morning, was deafening (and disquieting)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Lisha wrote: »

Just give her the 100 stg.Shes only 9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

A few months ago my uncle passed away and my sister was with my mum visiting him on his death bed...

I had my niece and nephew in the car bringing them to ennis for something to eat.

I got the dreaded phone call while driving, that my uncle passed away.

My niece told me that it's sad my uncle died and my mum, her granny will cry and then with real confidence she said and your uncle will be a skeleton....

I had to laugh because my uncle would have found that dry humour funny too...

A 6 year old lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Children are great to have around funerals.
    My aunt's grand-nephews and grand nieces redid her hair at her wake because "that just wasn't the way she used to wear it when she was alive"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Child said an interesting thing to me a few weeks back; we were playing a game where we finished each others sentences.

And then she said:

You were thinking inside my mind.

5 year old; its just interesting how they describe things when they dont have a bank of cliches and standard phrases to tap into.

Advertisement