Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship Application with Penalty points

Options
  • 22-06-2019 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for citizenship by residency. But I have 3 penalty points (and euro 60 Fixed fine for the same) for holding the mobile phone while driving in 2018.

1. I just want to is there anyone who recently applied for citizenship with such traffic violation and does anyone know rejection because of such violation

2. And is applying via a solicitor advisable in this case

3. Could applying via a solicitor make the process faster or further delay?

Thanks
    Cham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I can't see this as being a barrier for you. I don't know this for a fact but I can't imagine how such a minor offence could effect your application. It's a traffic violation and not a criminal offence /conviction.

I hope someone with more knowledge on the subject can put your mind to at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chamtem

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I can't see this as being a barrier for you. I don't know this for a fact but I can't imagine how such a minor offence could effect your application. It's a traffic violation and not a criminal offence /conviction.

I hope someone with more knowledge on the subject can put your mind to at ease

Thanks Sleeper12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I know someone recently successful in their application.
    The ceremony is next Friday.
    They had a speeding fine and it did not effect the application, I don’t see how going through a solicitor is an advantage ? It’s expensive enough already.
    Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This won't affect you, what would do would be a higher penalty such as a criminal conviction such as criminal damage, assault, theft etc ...

Advertisement