Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Espn access Ireland?

Options
  • 25-11-2020 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if someone might be able to help me out as I’m finding it difficult to figure this out through google searches!

I am wondering if there is such thing as an espn subscription in Ireland? Id love to buy an annual subscription for the hubbie for Christmas as he loves the American sports but only catches the major games here and there.

Would love a subscription he could just easily watch whenever he wants on the laptop.

All I can find online is the espn player app- but from what I can see in Ireland we can’t get the nhl or mbl games and he would want those.

I can see you can get espn through hulu but it looks like this is only for Americans.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to go about something like this? Would rather not tag it onto the sky tv subscription if possible

Ideally would love nba, nhl, nfl and mbl included if possible!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There are two ways to access ESPN here.

First is the linear channel BT Sport ESPN, which is owned by BT Sport and operates under license. It carries mainly MLB and US college sports. It is part of the Sky Sports Extra pack on Sky TV, Now TV and Vodafone. This package will also give the NHL on Premier Sports.

There is also the ESPN Player app available at https://www.espnplayer.com/packages. This will not give you any US pro leagues but carries the vast majority of college stuff from ESPN US.

Neither of these will give you NFL and NBA. These rights are held by Sky Sports. There is a NFL GamePass available from NFL.com that will give you access to all NFL games except the 1pm and 4:25pm ET games which are selected for broadcast on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

icdg wrote: »
    There are two ways to access ESPN here.

First is the linear channel BT Sport ESPN, which is owned by BT Sport and operates under license. It carries mainly MLB and US college sports. It is part of the Sky Sports Extra pack on Sky TV, Now TV and Vodafone. This package will also give the NHL on Premier Sports.

There is also the ESPN Player app available at https://www.espnplayer.com/packages. This will not give you any US pro leagues but carries the vast majority of college stuff from ESPN US.

Neither of these will give you NFL and NBA. These rights are held by Sky Sports. There is a NFL GamePass available from NFL.com that will give you access to all NFL games except the 1pm and 4:25pm ET games which are selected for broadcast on Sky Sports.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and explain that! I’m going to look into those options now!

Advertisement