Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade time....

Options
  • 24-07-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭

I'm on the Three €60 / month unlimited plan and my upgrade is due.

Last time I moved from the S7 to the P20 Pro and love the phone. P40 would be my obvious choice but very worried about the Huawei situation

Do I go back to Samsung....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

S20 is a great phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

sentient_6 wrote: »
    S20 is a great phone.

Why not try AliExpress and buy a hi-spec phone direct from China. My Xaoimi MiMax 2 cost €220 +50 duty with case and screen cover a few years ago. €700+ for equivalent or €60/MTH on contract at that time.

The P40 is a complete waste of time so definitely don’t get that. Probably not many other options on Three than Samsung they’re excellent these days. I’d stay away from all the other Chinese guff apart from Oneplus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

GreyEagle wrote: »
    Why not try AliExpress and buy a hi-spec phone direct from China. My Xaoimi MiMax 2 cost €220 +50 duty with case and screen cover a few years ago. €700+ for equivalent or €60/MTH on contract at that time.

I couldn't give two ****s about cheap Chinese crap. Thanks for the reminder why I usually don't bother with this forum anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

sentient_6 wrote:
    I couldn't give two ****s about cheap Chinese crap. Thanks for the reminder why I usually don't bother with this forum anymore.

Every phone u buy is the same! Cheap Chinese ****e in them. Feck all difference in them all

• Advertisement

keavebm wrote: »
    Every phone u buy is the same! Cheap Chinese ****e in them. Feck all difference in them all

Dirt software on all that xiaomi and oppo stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I moved away from a 40 euro plan to a cheap sim only plan with phone bought outright. I'm not losing any minutes or data doing that and saving a packet. Also, all the higher spec phones available on amazon or carphone warehouse sim free. Do the sums and see if you are better off.
    I enjoy the feeling of not being tied up for 2 years more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks, I'm not going sim only.

I'm happy with €60 a month unlimited and it's the only carrier with full signal where I am.

S20 or note maybe. Is there any word on P40 limitations

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd go one plus 7t pro if you can find a store with one left or the 8 will be along shortly, there doing half price bills until January so €30pm until then.
    I've had the 7pro and then the 7t pro it's a weapon of a phone, silky smooth with the 90hz screen (I'd still prefer 120hz or higher), look at the top reviewer's on you tube, unbox therapy, brownlee etc their daily drivers are one plus.
    Once you experience warp charging you'll wonder how you survived without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

sentient_6 wrote: »

You don't come to this forum anymore because it sometimes recommends cheaper phones of similar/better quality?

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm not going sim only.

I'm happy with €60 a month unlimited and it's the only carrier with full signal where I am.

S20 or note maybe. Is there any word on P40 limitations

The P40 already has its limitations, it’s been released a while. No Google services.

The P40 already has its limitations, it’s been released a while. No Google services.

Thanks I hadn't realised it was already implemented

Looks like Samsung S20 then which is a shame as I love my P20 pro

Thanks I hadn't realised it was already implemented

Looks like Samsung S20 then which is a shame as I love my P20 pro

You can probably workaround to get it working on it if you want to go down that route, though I’d read into it to make sure it gives all the features you want. I wouldn’t personally.

You can probably workaround to get it working on it if you want to go down that route, though I’d read into it to make sure it gives all the features you want. I wouldn’t personally.

Yeh that's messy for me, I prefer to keep the original state. If just be wary of more restrictions on the Huawei and that would kill me in a new phone.

I want to avoid anything Chinese tbh, I'm more of a main brand guy... Is there anything else or there other than the S10 that I should be looking at.

Also what's the S20 ultra and is it worth the extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Yeh that's messy for me, I prefer to keep the original state. If just be wary of more restrictions on the Huawei and that would kill me in a new phone.

I want to avoid anything Chinese tbh, I'm more of a main brand guy... Is there anything else or there other than the S10 that I should be looking at.

Also what's the S20 ultra and is it worth the extra

The Note 20 ultra will be announced in a few weeks. Also check if three are going to stocking the Oneplus 8 Pro anytime soon. Amazing phone.

Advertisement