Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone audio not playing on car system via bluetooth

Options
  • 30-07-2020 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure I'm in the right place for this but maybe someone has come across this before.

I've a Toyota Verso using Touch and Go media system and my phone is a Huawei P30 Pro.

Before this I had a Note 4 which was a bit better for this but for whatever reason, my ability to play music through the system seems to be basically screwed. It's worked a handful of times but that is definitely the exception than the norm. But phone behaviour is fine, calls, texts etc

The only useful thing that pops up is a partial error that says something like "cannot read full device" or similar. Anyone seen this or any ideas on how to fix it?

Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Not 100% sure I'm in the right place for this but maybe someone has come across this before.

I've a Toyota Verso using Touch and Go media system and my phone is a Huawei P30 Pro.

Before this I had a Note 4 which was a bit better for this but for whatever reason, my ability to play music through the system seems to be basically screwed. It's worked a handful of times but that is definitely the exception than the norm. But phone behaviour is fine, calls, texts etc

The only useful thing that pops up is a partial error that says something like "cannot read full device" or similar. Anyone seen this or any ideas on how to fix it?

Red

Had the same in my last car, had to literally delete all Bluetooth connection's, reboot phone a few times( xiaomi),drive me bananas, eventually it picked it up, I've had similar problems with dashcams , phone not compatible, good luck, persevere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Might be worth trying solution 4 & 5 from this link.

https://mobileinternist.com/bluetooth-calls-not-working-android

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just as a follow up, I eventually got this working after following the set of steps I found here: https://thedroidguy.com/fix-huawei-p30-bluetooth-connection-problems-bluetooth-not-working-1104602

Namely this section:
    Huawei P30 Bluetooth connection problems fix #7: Wipe cache partition
    In order to load apps quickly, Android stores frequently used items like website links, images, videos, ads, among others in a part in internal storage called cache partition. Sometimes, these items collectively called system cache may get outdated or corrupted causing performance problems or bugs. To ensure that you phone runs efficiently and the cache in top shape, you want to regularly clear the cache partition (about once every few months). When dealing with any issue, this can also be one of the troubleshooting steps. Here’s how to do it:

With your phone turned off, press and hold both the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
    Let go of the buttons when the Honor logo appears.
    Shortly after seeing the logo, the EMUI screen shows up with the recovery mode options.
    Press the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight Wipe cache partition option.
    Then press the Power button to confirm selection.
    Use the Volume buttons to scroll to and highlight the next options and Power button to confirm selection.

Advertisement