Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-05-2019, 19:32   #1
auspicious
Registered User
 
auspicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,670
Vegans are WEAK !!!!!!!!!

ALICIA ZIEGLER is a crossfit athlete vegan. She became vegan from a young age. Although falling off the wagon for a few years she is again fully vegan and is a certified nutritionist.
“I have been training Crossfit, even completing an 8-minute plank, all while surviving on a vegan diet and maintaining all my muscle.”

(Cross fit stats @ games.crossfit.com)

AGE

38

HEIGHT

5'4"

WEIGHT

127 LB

BENCHMARK STATS

Back Squat. 195 lb
Clean and Jerk. 105 lb
Snatch. 95 lb
Deadlift. 225 lb
Max Pull-ups. 8

https://youtu.be/cRmEXUwMUPg



ED BAUER is the vegan poster boy of crossfit and also a certified nutritionist.

He became vegan at age 11!

He says  “anyone can be healthy and strong off a plant-based diet.”
"One of the biggest advantages is the ability to recover faster because of the amount of nutrient dense foods in a whole foods plant based diet."


His protein is concentrated around  pea protein, rice protein, tempeh and tofu.

(stats @ plantbuilt.com)

Division: Olympic Weight Lifting

Weight class: 85kg / 187 lb

Age: 37

Height: 5’ 9”

Non-competition weight: Approx. 89kg / 196 lb
Snatch PR: 95.5kg / 210 lb
Clean & Jerk PR: 116 kg / 255 lb
Back Squat PR: 190 kg / 418 lb
Front Squat PR: 143.2 kg / 315 lb

https://youtu.be/6gxIhiGO0v4


PATRIK BABOUMIAN won the world's strongest man title in 2011 with a vegan diet.
He can lift a car above his head with his bare hands.


Other notable vegan athletes are

Jermain Defoe.    - footballer
David Haye.           - boxer
Lewis Hamilton.   - F1 driver
Venus Williams.   - tennis player
Barny Du Plessis. - bodybuilder and vegan mr. 
universe
Tia Blanco.            - world surf champ
Kendrick Yahcob Farris - Olympic weightlifter
Nate Diaz.               - MMA fighter
Hannah Teter.        - 3 time olympic snowboarder
medalist

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/26419/vegan-meals-all-the-rage-for-titans-with-15-players-converted&ved=2ahUKEwjF9IOBiYXiAhX-ShUIHetYBwsQFjAPegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1Ns1-3liMr3I4QGvkWBpE1&cshid=1557083147412

and more...
Game changers.

Last edited by auspicious; 05-05-2019 at 20:07.
auspicious is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2019, 23:41   #2
Unearthly
Registered User
 
Unearthly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,031
Yeah I think it's fair to say you can compete at a top level with a balanced plant based diet.

Incidentally as a Man Utd fan I try to keep it quiet Chris Smalling is a vegan, probably not the best example
Unearthly is offline  
(5) thanks from:
06-05-2019, 00:06   #3
auspicious
Registered User
 
auspicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Yeah I think it's fair to say you can compete at a top level with a balanced plant based diet.

Incidentally as a Man Utd fan I try to keep it quiet Chris Smalling is a vegan, probably not the best example
Made me chuckle.
auspicious is offline  
Thanks from:
06-05-2019, 10:34   #4
YFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Yeah I think it's fair to say you can compete at a top level with a balanced plant based diet.

Incidentally as a Man Utd fan I try to keep it quiet Chris Smalling is a vegan, probably not the best example
Wasn't there an Arsenal player that was vegan?
YFlyer is offline  
06-05-2019, 12:06   #5
Unearthly
Registered User
 
Unearthly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFlyer View Post
Wasn't there an Arsenal player that was vegan?
Yes Hector Bellerin
Unearthly is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2019, 17:24   #6
YFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Yes Hector Bellerin
Thanks. Been a Spurs man I don't wish him the best.
YFlyer is offline  
06-05-2019, 17:36   #7
The_Honeybadger
Registered User
 
The_Honeybadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,371
There are many American Football players in the NFL turned vegan, and even more who are about 80-90% plant based, but not fully vegan.

Tom Brady, widely considered the greatest player of all time favours the latter approach and a lot of players in the league have followed his lead.
The_Honeybadger is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-05-2019, 17:44   #8
auspicious
Registered User
 
auspicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,670
There's a link to such an article at the bottom of OP but copy and paste is needed.
Some defensive players can weigh almost 300lb in NFL, a very physically demanding sport.
auspicious is offline  
06-05-2019, 17:45   #9
YFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Honeybadger View Post
There are many American Football players in the NFL turned vegan, and even more who are about 80-90% plant based, but not fully vegan.

Tom Brady, widely considered the greatest player of all time favours the latter approach and a lot of players in the league have followed his lead.
I wonder does Tom Brady meditate? As far as I know his Brazilian wife does TM. Maybe more a game changer than diet.
YFlyer is offline  
Advertisement
06-05-2019, 17:54   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Yes Hector Bellerin
Gone to crap ever since

Nothing to do with being vegan though, just turned into a wally

Think diet is very over-rated myself for elite athletes, not saying Vegan is good or not, don't have a clue.

Just think when your so genetically gifted, you can get away not eating perfect, I wouldn't be looking at elite athletes vegan diets for inspiration, they could eat chicken nuggets all day and still be the incredible

eg Phelps, Usain Bolt, Le Bron James etc
Mike9832 is offline  
06-05-2019, 18:04   #11
Rows Grower
Registered User
 
Rows Grower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9832 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Yes Hector Bellerin
Gone to crap ever since

Nothing to do with being vegan though, just turned into a wally

Think diet is very over-rated myself for elite athletes, not saying Vegan is good or not, don't have a clue.

Just think when your so genetically gifted, you can get away not eating perfect, I wouldn't be looking at elite athletes vegan diets for inspiration, they could eat chicken nuggets all day and still be the incredible

eg Phelps, Usain Bolt, Le Bron James etc
Diet is hugely important for any sportsperson, at elite level even more so.
Rows Grower is offline  
06-05-2019, 18:08   #12
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Diet is hugely important for any sportsperson, at elite level even more so.
Alot of them have crap diets, you'd be shocked

Genetics > Diet
Mike9832 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
06-05-2019, 18:50   #13
Rows Grower
Registered User
 
Rows Grower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9832 View Post
Alot of them have crap diets, you'd be shocked

Genetics > Diet
Most athletes that win Gold would not have the best genetics, they just want to be winners and work that bit harder and take any small percentage they can get, nutrition being the area where least effort would give greatest results.
Rows Grower is offline  
06-05-2019, 18:57   #14
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Most athletes that win Gold would not have the best genetics, they just want to be winners and work that bit harder and take any small percentage they can get, nutrition being the area where least effort would give greatest results.
You believe that

I'll leave thread now
Mike9832 is offline  
06-05-2019, 19:04   #15
Rows Grower
Registered User
 
Rows Grower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFlyer View Post
I wonder does Tom Brady meditate? As far as I know his Brazilian wife does TM. Maybe more a game changer than diet.
I never heard of Tom Brady before today but I'd be fairly sure he meditates.

Most if not all competitors in any sport meditate.
Rows Grower is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet