Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE question....

Options
  • 28-10-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

jeep is up for doe in december, i assume it is not like the nct in that if i get it done now it would still run from december to december?, its from date test is done till that date the following year??

Also, I assume I can do it early?!, just december doesn't really suit to be futtering at getting it ready as it is in use every day over the winter.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yes, It's done annually from the previous test date, not by date of first registration.

Yes, you can do it early if you want.

Some more info here.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You can DOE anytime early or late, it's valid from the date of test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

DOE runs for 12 months from test date.

Mine was due next December, got it tested today, have Cert for 12 months.

Slidey should be able to advise here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Yep, as all else have said. It runs from the date you PASS the test on.

So if you get tested on the 1st and fail but don't go for the retest until the 18th that is when your cert will run from. It should be noted however that if you are stopped and asked to produce in that time, telling AGS that you are waiting on a retest will not cut the mustard if you have had an accident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

Some may not know, but there are proposals by the RSA for some significant changes to the DOE. You can have your say until this Friday 4/11/11. Thread on motors here.
    The RSA is seeking the views of commercial vehicle owners about a wide ranging set of proposals aiming to radically overhaul the commercial vehicle testing regime in Ireland

A 56 page document, with a response date deadline this Friday 4th Nov.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Std%20Leg/Consultations/RSA%20CVR%20-%20Operator%20Consultation%20-%20Issued.pdf

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement