Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai-Asian Food Lecture for Home Economics Students

Options
  • 02-01-2016 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I would like to give some introductiary lectures on the freshness and and health benefits of the ingredients in Thai-Asian Food and cooking.
    Any suggestions how I would go about it? Would I need to contact the principle or would a chat with the teacher be enough?
    Thanking you in advance.
    Kind regards Oliver

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Send a letter to the school marked for the attention of the Home Ec. department.
    Clearly state your price (if any), what you would cover and what the school would need to supply.
    Leave the rest up to the Home Ec. teacher.

Make sure if you are charging that you have everything in order regarding tax etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just to reiterate, price up front on the letter. I get a mountain of letters into my subject dept, if I can't find the price it rarely gets followed up on. Mainly coz it usually means it's too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yellowsheep I would prefer an email. When I get an email I reply pretty much straight away. My pigeon hole is overflowing with paper :(
    Agree with other posters, put price on it if any! It sounds great for 4th year as a lot of schools do a module of "international cooking".

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Dear Home Economics Teacher

My Name is mod snip and I am the mod snip for mod snip , which mod snip .

I understand that you have an International Cooking module. I would like to offer a lecture on Thai-Asian food free of charge as our way of educating the youth of Ireland in one area of cuisine.

The lecture would contain all info of mod snip There would be hand-outs and a possible tasting, if that is permitted.

I think such an exercise would particularly interest your transition year students, although this would be up to you.
    I am looking forward to hear from you in the near future.

Kind regards

mod snip
    [email]mod snip [/email]

Ok thats enough name dropping for today OP,
    thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement