Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Comic Con 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ben Templesmith added to the line up also.

Ticket prices!

Ages 14+ E25 Weekend Ticket
    Ages 14+ E15 Day Ticket

Ages 10 - 14 E14 Weekend Ticket
    Ages 10-14 E7.50 Day Ticket

Under 10s Free!

Tickets available from www.wavtickets.com or 1890 200 078 in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Who would you like to see at it lads?

For me it'd be

Jeph Loeb
    John Romita Junior
    Ed McGuinness
    Tim Sale
    Ivan Reis
    Doug Manhke
    Brian Michael Bendis
    Geoff Johns
    Mike Mignola

To name but a few. I know the budget is limited for the lads involved, but there's a few suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Jeff Loeb
    Tim Sale
    Garth Ennis
    Steve Dillon
    Glenn Fabry
    Brian Azzarello
    Lee Bermejo
    Dave Johnson
    Dave McElfatrick

or we could all chip in and get one epic guy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Well, if we're in wishful thinking mode, I'd like to see Jim Lee return to hear more about his new Co-Publisher role at DC. I'd hope CB Cebulski could return as well to continue to give aspiring artists and writers a chance to show off their work.

For newbies (i.e. not been to DCC before), I think Greg Rucka would be a good choice, given his broad range of experience with the Big Two, his own creator owned work and his novels. Phil Jiminez, JH Williams, Mike Carey, Dan Abnett... I could go on lol :)

All that said, I have realistic expectations of who the guys can afford to bring over and I think the four announced so far (Templesmith, Dayglo, Bisely & Sharp) is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd add Mark Bagley to those already mentioned. His is the definitive modern Spidey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

JangoFett wrote: »
    Mike Mignola

Ohh, if only! I'd give my left nut to get Mike over here!
    Wouldn't mind seeing Guy Davis either actually, but he's probably too busy at the moment.

Seconding Garth Ennis as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder if Robert Kirkman will be there seeing as they're making The Walking Dead into a TV series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dots77

Wow id love to go and meet Gareth Ennis and find out what he makes of the supposed film based on Crossed. that would be one sick film, the comic books gave me the chills id get nervous just turning the page. I dont see how they could get away with it and id be afraid it would be crap, i dont think film could do the comic justice, its just too extreme. Oh and it is one of my faves and i love it too much to want it to be filmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dots77

Any idea if Dan Abnett will be there, love that guy.

We tried Mignola but hes a very busy man for the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Anyone doing portfolio reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

nicolo wrote: »
    Anyone doing portfolio reviews?

Haven't heard anything yet. Actually, it seems to have gone a bit quiet on the news front altogether again. The guy I'm sharing a table with sent them a mail to book it a couple of weeks ago and hasn't heard anything back at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

i'd love to see claudio sanchez at it (although i'll probably have to keep dreaming because he's always busy touring). met him at comic con in san diego this year and damn he is so talented and his comicbook series (the amory wars) is brilliant! I'd definitely recommend it!

Hey folks, sorry its gone quiet we had an issue thats being resolved at the moment. Still on target and plenty of news coming in the next few weeks along with ticket details etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

Who are these guys could someone tell me

Simon Bisley
    Ben Templesmith
    Liam Sharp
    Rufus Dayglo
    Dave Rya

And please some dont say google them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Goog.... oh, wait... uhm... oh yeah!

Wiki them :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Google them and stick wikipedia at the end of your search string, then read their wikipedia entry.

There's no point in someone else typing it out again for you when you can find it for yourself in about 5 seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

How do I google ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's the point in going to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Simon Bisley
    Ben Templesmith
    Liam Sharp
    Rufus Dayglo
    Dave Rya

Only one I know on the list (without googling!). He did the artwork for the 30
    Days of Night comics as well as the Dead Space ones. Very weird, but I like it.

• Advertisement

any news on the current lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Is this still happening? No updates on the Facebook thing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

No updates from the organisers in a while (but unfortunately that seems to have been par for the course last year as well, and we know how that turned out) and there are mutterings around that it's not happening, but nothing definitive as far as I know.

DCCC wrote:
    Hey there folks. We've had a hiccup in the ever wandering story of the DCCC. Heres the quick version. We had a venue booked for a few months and all was sailing straight when we found out that the venue has been sold. That left us in a bad position to find a new venue in time, we thought we did but then all went wrong in a hundred different ways. So heres the bottom line.
    Dublin City Comic Con will NOT be happening in its traditional form this year. The plan is to move the entire event to March in 2011.
    What we ARE going to do is run a small festival on December 3rd and 4th in Dublin. This was the plan for next year anyway, we were to start doing two events per year. A traditional convention and a small social comic festival.
    We will have 2 or 3 comic pros over on Dec 3rd and 4th, a small comics market, signings and some workshops. Over 2 different pubs and bars per night.
    Entry will be 8Euro per night from 6pm till pub closing. As we speak im waiting on confirmation that the bars are entirely ours for the weekend so I shall announce them ASAP.

Sorry for the delay in responding to anyone's mails or calls, as you can well imagine myself, John and Kevin have been trying to make this work out for everyone for the last few months.

got this in a facebook mail today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Paul P Byrne

Simon Bisley
    Ben Templesmith
    Liam Sharp
    Rufus Dayglo
    Dave Rya

Simon Bisley is a legend, although his best work is from a while back, he is on Hellblazer this month. Liam Sharp did a great run on the Hulk. Not sure about the other guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

So who willl be turning up the 'smaller' festival?

so did this happen or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

so did this happen or what?

No it did not take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Hi,

Anyone know if this is back this year?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I haven't heard anything about whether this is on again this year, so your best bet if you're interested is to go to the Facebook page and contact the group admins/organisers. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement