Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the locked threads - forum closed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

I think the way people's finances are this year that many people are already trying to budget for Christmas and are thinking ahead about value for money presents. Maybe it's not too early for activity on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Aw thanks Dubaac. God I'm kind of blushing here!

I think anyone who posts here in the Christmas forum out of season is a legend! I just think with all the doom and gloom about it's great to come to a place that's filled with the opposite. Christmas is amazing and I love talking about it!

BTW I'm not a legend. I'm only a blow in! There's other people that post every year!

Edit: thanks Micky! What great news! I don't mind if the previous one was reopened. Or whatever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I think anyone who posts here in the Christmas forum out of season is a legend! I just think with all the doom and gloom about it's great to come to a place that's filled with the opposite. Christmas is amazing and I love talking about it!

BTW I'm not a legend. I'm only a blow in! There's other people that post every year!

Edit: thanks Micky! What great news! I don't mind if the previous one was reopened. Or whatever! :D

Go open it girl,stop wasting time.....;)I command you & so does my Multi purpose Tree..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ok done and stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Course you're a legend! You got the countdown thread re-opened!!! Now i can indulge in my favourite fantasy - christmas!!!!!!!

The wife thinks i'm just bananas but i dont care - i just love it. Our first year with our lovely little daughter and i'm going to buy a santa suit too!

Is it sad that i had christmas music on in the car this morning heading to work?? :o

• Advertisement

naw your not sad at all.your happy out,& as this is your first christmas with the little one watch the face lite up with the sight of the lit tree etc, & as the years go by you will begin to remember a lot of toys etc that you got from santa ,more & more childhood memories of Christmas will come flooding back to you.All good of course,as for the wife she too will catch the bug wait and see...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

DUBACC wrote: »
    The wife thinks i'm just bananas but i dont care - i just love it. Our first year with our lovely little daughter and i'm going to buy a santa suit too! o

this year our family has gotten bigger with the arrival of my first niece and nephew and I asked my younger brother would he dress up as Santa for them! They'll both be 9 months by then so they'll be able to make something of it!
    I am so happy to have children in the family now. It adds extra magic to Christmas! I say extra, because I am a big kid when it comes to Christmas!
    So having your new daughter will bring so much magic to your home and you will really make her excited when she's a bit older. You'll probably bring her to Lapland, and to every place that exists that's associated with Christmas! :)
    at least you won't be one of these parents who hates Christmas and this isn't much fun for kids.

Although a funny thing I saw last year in Lidl. Lidl got all their Christmas cakes and sweets in early last year. It must have been early November and a guy was there with his young daughter. The daughter was repeatedly asking her dad when was Santa coming and he was ignoring her. It was so funny! It must drive parents mad when that happens. How do you explain to a young child that Santa won't be coming for another 7 weeks!

You're not sad to be listening to Christmas songs. Indulge yourself!

My angry thread has been totally derailed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My angry thread has been totally derailed. :(
    The Christmas Spirit took it over it seems :)

star-pants wrote: »
    The Christmas Spirit took it over it seems :)

Maybe it's time you locked this one now as it's n/a:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

My main concern is that Hot Lips is locking everything. Discussion of anything to do with Christmas is prohibited because it's the summer.
    I agree!

THIS IS THE CHRISTMAS/holiday BASE,things like that go here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Dude111 this has been resolved.

Might as well close this thread for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement