Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish cartoon characters

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi I am doing a bit of research and need some help. I am looking for cartoon characters in advertising specific to Ireland. Think along the lines of Tony the Tiger. They can be from print or television. I am looking for any characters from about the 1950s onwards up to present day. I jst need the names of the characters as I can track them down after that.
    cheers
    Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 onthelanger

superted lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

superted lol

Superted is a Welsh cartoon and character, not an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Muzzi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mr. Tayto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Mrs K

Do puppets count? Judge from wanderly wagon was used for Irish Government safe cross code campaign when I was younger! Funny how there is no road safety awareness campaign aimed at children these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Mrs K wrote: »
    Do puppets count? Judge from wanderly wagon was used for Irish Government safe cross code campaign when I was younger! Funny how there is no road safety awareness campaign aimed at children these days!

thats cus no one lets their kids walk to school anymore, they're all driven everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mrs K wrote: »

What ever happened to Pajo?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

rat poison

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Skerries wrote: »
    rat poison

Can we have a bit more context, please? This thread already has more than its fair share of one- or two-word posts, and I'd prefer to nip it in the bud before we end up with a thread that's like Comics Forum equivalent of After Hours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Can we have a bit more context, please? This thread already has more than its fair share of one- or two-word posts, and I'd prefer to nip it in the bud before we end up with a thread that's like Comics Forum equivalent of After Hours...

Ah poor Fysh missed out on growing up with Pajo...rather sadly my sex education at the end of primary school was a video with Pajo explaining you shouldn't let others touch your private bits followed by a video of nun explaining sex.

But yeah whole thread really isn't relevant to the comics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shaysunny

The spice burger fella? You won't find him outside of Ireland!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

sfleming wrote: »
    Hi I am doing a bit of research and need some help. I am looking for cartoon characters in advertising specific to Ireland. Think along the lines of Tony the Tiger.

Tony the Tiger wasn't Irish, it was part of a worldwide campaign originating in America.

As for specifically Irish I remember a late 80s/early 90s cartoon ad for Mikado biscuits where a girl on a bike cycled around asking "Where's the Jam? W-W-W-W-Where's the Jam? Where. Is. The. Ja-am?"

It was annoying.

Advertisement