Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-12-2009, 16:03   #1
Banned

Am I the only one who ever never lost magic of christmas?

I never lost the christmas magic. the only problem with christmas is i always fear it might end up not being good. like this year i lost the digital tv so less channels=having to rely on the normal channels to watch tv this xmas.

i still get presents under the tree and even do a list lol. but all in good fun

Last edited by Sharpshooter; 10-12-2009 at 20:28. Reason: It's not only adults that may read this forum.
Advertisement
10-12-2009, 16:47   #2
MoonHawk

I love Christmas and it's great to hear others sharing that sentiment
It's hard to pinpoint one exact thing, I just love the cold weather, the Christmas lights, the songs, the tree, the craic at home, in the pub and in the town.

Every year, I think more and more of my mates and people in general complain about Christmas and say they can't stand it. I think the fact that the ads start in October (earlier this year?) irritates people and they get tired of it quicker but I try and ignore all that until December.
10-12-2009, 18:59   #3
D4RK ONION

I'm feeling fairly Christmas-sy this year. It's been a while, the last few have been fairly lacklustre...
10-12-2009, 19:07   #4
Jet Black

For a couple of years there I did. But there's a couple of kids in the house now writing letters to santa and me bringing them to see him its getting me excited
10-12-2009, 21:30   #5

Not feeling the festive buzz yet, but there's time... I think it's because it's rolled round so damn quickly this year - for me anyway.

Most years I get the Christmassy feeling, but the odd time I don't - until just a few days beforehand, then it always kicks in.
Advertisement
10-12-2009, 21:56   #6
cute_cow

I agree Dudess, not feel the festivity spirit yet, but am due to go home to parents on 23rd and am guessing it will start there!! have a ful house for christmas, and will be great to have everyone there.
Makes my christmas spirit soar!!
10-12-2009, 23:12   #7
corblimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
For a couple of years there I did. But there's a couple of kids in the house now writing letters to santa and me bringing them to see him its getting me excited
Yeah, I think Christmas was the bleakest in the years between my leaving home (and therefore being waaay too cool to care about such things) and when my siblings started having kids. Now I've been full of it (the spirit) from around mid November right up until the 2nd January. I drive my nieces and nephews insane
10-12-2009, 23:51   #8

I never lost the magic of Christmas. I absolutely love it, always have. It's my favourite time of the year
12-12-2009, 18:14   #9
havana

I just love when i get that first smell of christmas. People say i'm mad but i swear i can smell it! I've never lost the magic of christmas, i just love it, and see it as my mission in life to help others to as well. It'll be me who wales my nephew up at half 5 to see if santa has come... We still get our stockings and selection boxes etc. It's all so magical :-)
Advertisement
14-12-2009, 16:28   #10
alibabba

Jasus it really kicked off for me last weekend when I was taking the tree down from the attic. My three kids (6, 5 and 2) were at the bottom of the stairs singing Oh Christmas Tree at the top of their voices.
It was class, brilliant, they lifted me with their spirit.

Bring it on I say, bring it on.

I love Christmas !
14-12-2009, 21:50   #11
Bonkers_xOx

Really started feeling the Christmas mood at the weekend! But there's nothing like Christmas when your a young 'un though.
16-12-2009, 15:20   #12

I think it depends on what you're doing for christmas. Some of the xmas songs-eg mariah careys "all I want for christmas" kind of depress me because I was with my boyfriend last christmas and this year I have no-one

Im studying alot this xmas and not going out much so in comparison to last year when I was ice-skating with my boyfriend, going to xmas parties and rushing around buying presents, I guess you could say I was more in the xmas spirit last year, xmas had more magic.

I believe it depends on what you're doing for xmas that makes it magical or not.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion